Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Break Out! Break Out!

Isabella smiled with a content sigh, as she broke away from Alex, laying her head on his chest.

She wasn’t totally sure that he’d come to terms with the fact that she wasn’t ready. But he hadn’t made mention of it since they’d went for ice cream the other day. She was happy having a very PG-13 romance with him. But she didn’t take the time to consider what Alex wanted, just what she wanted for herself. The truth was that because she overthought everything about their relationship, it didn’t occur to her to try talking to him.

“This is nice.” She smiled.

“Yeah.”

Of course, Isabella didn’t notice the sad tone in his voice. She didn’t hear the longing he felt for his own pleasure. All she thought was that he’d realized where she was coming from and wouldn’t push it any further. Alex couldn’t give it up because he had to win. He loved that Isabella was so innocent, but she was proving to be even more of a challenge than he expected.

“Hey Izy?” He spoke, his fingers finding their way underneath her t-shirt that had slipped up to reveal her back.

The jeans she wore rode low on her hips, as they were slightly loose, revealing the tops of her panties. He found it incredibly sexy even though she didn’t get dressed trying to tempt him. He placed his fingers where your pants were supposed to sit, tracing the skin. She was always so soft, as if whatever soap she used made her skin silky.

“Yeah, Al?”

“I’m having writers block on this new song.”

“Why’s that?” She smiled at his touch.

“I just need some inspiration.”

Isabella kissed him gently, hoping that she could provide him with whatever he needed with her lips.

All she wanted was to help him. As far as she knew, Alex hadn’t had any writer’s block until now. He was one of the most talented writers she knew, so she hoped he could work through it.

“I want this song to be ready for the show this weekend, and I don’t think it will.”

She sighed, sitting up, pulling her shirt to cover herself. “How can I help you?”

Alex stood up as well, his arms encircling her hips. “Inspire me, baby.”

“How?”

She didn’t know what she could do to help him. Whenever she didn’t know what to write, her mother told her just to write whatever came to mind. To just let things happen and let the pen hit the paper.

Maybe her mother would be able to help him better. She could get inside his head and sort him out. But just as she was about to suggest it, Alex pressed his lips to hers once again.

“I don’t-“ She began, pulling away from him. “How is that supposed to help you?”

“Believe me, it’ll help wonders.”

“Maybe you should read something… Mom had me read Shakespeare’s ‘Taming of the Shrew,’ which is believed to have been written between 1590 and 1594. It was published in 1623-“

Alex almost chuckled at Isabella’s random information. She was a human encyclopedia, really. But it was always a one sided conversation where all he could do was nod, and hope that she was finished.

“No, baby. Just follow my lead.” He smiled, pressing his lips to hers.

Soon enough, she had to pull away to catch her breath. It was crazy how time flies when you’re macking your boyfriend. Her blush was so apparent that it matched Alex’s red hoodie.

“Let’s go out tonight. There’s another party.”

She sighed. “Alex, I don’t know.”

Isabella didn’t like parties. Every time she felt silly about what she was supposed to be doing there. She didn’t like being Alex’s arm candy. She didn’t like the girls that gave her glares and the boys that made crude comments.

But she would never tell Alex how much she disliked it. All she wanted was to keep him happy, and if attending parties would do so, then she’d go. The band was playing and he said he wanted her to be there. Maybe the atmosphere would help inspire him.

“Come on, baby. It’ll be awesome.”

She bit her lip, unable to deny him anything. “Okay, Alex.”

He smiled. “I’ll pick you up at eight, okay?”

“Okay.” She told him hesitantly as he let her go.

Isabella sighed, sitting back on her bed.

She didn’t know what it was about Alex that made her feel as if she couldn’t speak up. He made her so nervous, but so happy. Still, sometimes she wondered if he cared more about her body than her mind. But she couldn’t believe that.

He was the first boyfriend she’d ever had; maybe she was concerned for nothing. She didn’t know how to be a girlfriend, so perhaps she was doing it wrong. Maybe all she should do was go along with it. And even though she wasn’t excited to ask her mother for advice, she wondered if now was a good time to do so.

She made her way to her closet, choosing an outfit that Alex would deem party acceptable. The dress was slightly shorter than she would wear herself, but if he suggested it, then she’d wear it. She figured that she could wear tights with it or at least tall boots. It was strange to dress for someone else, but she didn’t mind.

Isabella was far too easygoing and agreeable, if anything, that was her downfall. She didn’t consider that she was losing herself in other peoples’ requests. All she figured was that if she were accommodating to them, they’d be accommodating to her.

She didn’t notice that she could speak up. She didn’t think that she was losing anything by being with Alex. But she was slowly losing herself. Was she the only one who didn’t notice?

“Honey?” Her mother’s familiar voice called from her doorway.

“Come in, mom.” She sighed, crossing her legs as she sat at the edge of her bed.

Mrs. Randall sat down besides her, wrapping an arm around her daughter’s shoulder. “Honey, what’s wrong?”

Isabella was never a girl to lie. She’d never lied to her mother before, but she couldn’t see telling her mother the real problem being helpful at all. But bending the truth wasn’t totally lying, was it?

“Its just… Alex.”

The older woman didn’t know what could be a problem with Alex. He hadn’t done anything wrong, to her knowledge. He seemed very careful with Isabella, but he had changed everything she’d known before. Everything seemed to have switched in a matter of weeks. From not going anywhere to having all sorts of plans all the time. It must have been quite overwhelming.

“What is it, honey? Are you overwhelmed? Is he being understanding?”

She sighed. “He invited me out tonight to watch his band play.”

Mrs. Randall nodded, not following. “Do you not like his band?”

“Its not that… I like the guys just fine…” She brought her attention to the cotton of her t-shirt. “Its just the other girls there, they all seem to hate me.”

“Other girls are jealous because you’re with him?”

“I…I guess.” She spoke quietly.

“Oh honey,” Her mother chuckled softly. “Alex only wants you, so why are you worried?”

“What if I’m not the person I used to be?”

“Sweetie, you’re wonderful. He wouldn’t be with you if he didn’t know that.”

Isabella put on a smile. “I guess, mom.”

Kara smiled warmly seeing Isabella, wrapping an arm around the girl and excusing them to the kitchen. Wordlessly, Kara mixed them both drinks, and gave her friend a soft smile. She took a small sip, expecting something rancid, but rather barely tasting alcohol. The coke covered the flavor of rum, making the drink a lot easier to drink.

“So how’d he take it?”

“He didn’t. I didn’t tell him.”

Kara sighed, shaking her head. “Izy,”

Isabella smiled sadly. “Kar, I don’t know what it is, but when it comes to Alex, I just can’t…”

“But if you don’t speak up, he’ll take advantage of you… and your willingness to please him.”

She bit her lip, looking at the other girl.

The brunette was completely right. Isabella had to come to terms that she didn’t like speaking up, but if she didn’t, she would never get what she wanted. Alex was a lot more outgoing and aware of things than she was. Something about him made her give in every time. She couldn’t help that all she wanted was a successful relationship, but she didn’t know how much of herself she could afford to give him.

Sure, maybe eventually, she’d be able to be with him… in that way. But right now, she wasn’t able to. She was barely comfortable with the idea of having a boyfriend, so how could she be comfortable being sexual with said boyfriend? The idea of anything sexual made her uncomfortable… but this was Alex. If she asked him to, would he respect her decision to wait?

“Just relax. Maybe you need a little more liquid confidence.” Kara smiled reassuringly, refilling Isabella’s red cup.

She smiled in return, shaking her head.

“Don’t worry, Iz. If you want me to talk to him, I could do that…”

“I’ll let you know.”

As the two girls made their way out of the kitchen, they could see that the boys were already setting up. Kara stood off to the side to go help Rian with his drums. Alex paused what he was doing, rushing over to give his girlfriend a kiss that was a lot more passionate than she had anticipated. He smiled, pulling away excusing himself to continue getting ready. She nodded, letting out a sigh.

She couldn’t come to terms with the fact that she was mad at Alex. That he wasn’t listening to her or what she wanted. She knew she needed to speak up, but for some reason, she couldn’t. She could think about it all she wanted, but it didn’t do anything. Isabella didn’t know how to stand up for herself, having had her parents do everything for her.

Alex smiled at her as the band began to play. Kara joined her, wrapping an arm around her as Alex began to sing.

Hey, kid, you've got
a lot of potential but I think it's time to move up,
so go on and blow us away with your sound;
Now you're everything that we've come to love,
you taught us to move, now we'll show it off,
just drop us the beat...

Here's to the fast times; the times we felt alive;
to all the nights that we forgot to get back home.
Stay seventeen, the party scene has got the best of me and you,
we've got to let this go...


She’d only seen the band practice a handful of times, not totally familiar with their music, but she recognized the song as the new one Alex was working on. She was happy he was able to finish, but she could tell that she hadn’t inspired it. It made her feel slightly useless. She wasn’t able to keep Alex inspired. Wasn’t it her job as his girlfriend to help him and to inspire him?

Drink up last call before the sunrise sets the scene,
of empty bottles, heavy hearts,
the memories of broken dreams...
We were so tired yet so alive,
wrapped up in lies like sheets of another one night stand,
you know you left the girl with nothing but the
Sunrise through the window pane, where tired eyes will close...

Stay seventeen, the party scene has got the best of me and you,
we've got to let this go...


Just because Isabella was well aware that Alex was sexually active, did not mean that she wanted to be reminded of his one night stands. She didn’t want to be reminded of anything sexual that had anything to do with Alex. It just made her feel more insecure than she’d ever admit.

Hearing about how he left a girl in nothing but sheets, and nothing but the sun coming through the window made her wonder about him. Maybe she gave him too much credit. After all, he was just a teenage boy.

She just wished that she had been able to inspire him. He had led her to believe that she’d been so helpful, but this song proved that wrong. Couldn’t she have done something to assist him? Couldn’t she have been able to inspire him?

Kara didn’t seem to understand that her new friend had felt helpless. She didn’t seem to see that Isabella was so much more unsure of herself than Kara had thought. She just wished that there were something she could do to tell her friend how she meant. But she was too busy watching the band to notice Isabella no longer even watching the boys.

Isabella made her way back to the kitchen, filling her cup with the same bottles that Kara had earlier.

“Not a good night?” A boy called behind her.

She turned around, seeing a kind looking boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes that seemed to shine.

“Hearing my boyfriend sing about all of his one night stands? Not really.”

The boy smiled sadly. “Who? Alex?”

Isabella nodded, taking a sip of her drink then cringing that she’d made it much stronger than Kara had before. She didn’t know who this boy was, but he actually seemed to listen to her. He sipped his beer thoughtfully, offering her a warm smile. Something about him made her feel immediately comfortable.

“He doesn’t really have the best reputation, but he’s a good guy.” The boy spoke. “He just doesn’t realize how good he has it.”

The blonde didn’t respond, just took another sip of her drink.

“Don’t worry.”

Why did she feel as if she had to?
♠ ♠ ♠
Who is this boy????
Any predictions? Suggestions? Comment?