Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Time Bomb.

When Isabella awoke, there was a letter on her nightstand. She sat up and looked at it carefully before opening it. She knew that handwriting anywhere, and sighed a little. She didn't want to see him or talk to him, but nothing would be able to happen if she didn't. She shook her head at his childishness, but figured if this was what needed to happen, then she might as well let it. She was too tired to keep trying, and fighting like this. She got out of bed and opened her window. He was standing there, hands in his hoodie pockets, waiting for her to say something.

"Just get in here." She spoke, tossing the letter out the window so it fell at his feet.

Alex nodded, motioning that he'd be up in a minute. She sighed, running a hand through her hair and sitting on the edge of her bed. Why did she feel so nervous all of a sudden? Why did her stomach feel full of butterflies? The blonde knew that Alex was charming and that she'd have to keep her guard up, but she owed him this much. All she had to do was listen and tell him that she didn't want him. She wanted Matt. Matt wasn't going to hurt her.

Still she couldn't deny the panging in her chest at the thought of being in close vicinity with Alex again. He entered her room what seemed like only moments later, holding a CD case and the letter that she'd tossed. He sighed, leaving both on her desk before moving towards her. Before she could even react, he had embraced her tightly, and pressed his lips to hers. Isabella reacted immediately, kissing back in a desperate fashion. He slid his tongue into her mouth and they fell back on the bed, clutching each other. It was as if Isabella's mind wasn't functioning, but as soon as Alex's mouth moved to her neck, she seemed to realize what was happening. She shoved him away, wiping her mouth and gasping.

The kiss was amazing, she wouldn't deny that. He kissed her in this gentle fashion that she hadn't expected. She had thought he'd be rough, but he was romantic but passionate. And even though it was wonderful, she had just cheated on her boyfriend with the boy who raped her. She recoiled in disgust, moving far away from him.

"Iz, I'm sorry... I just.... I had to."

"Why are you so set on ruining everything for me?!" She asked lowly.

"Isabella, I don't-"

"No. Alex, you keep doing this to me, and I can't...." She sighed. "I don't know what you think, and why my parents are so blinded by your charm, but I'm not falling for you again."

The blonde felt so embarrassed and unsure of her words that seemed to come out in squeaks. She was angry, and she was disappointed, but mostly she was confused and hurt. Isabella was almost certain that, in her own way, she had loved Alex.... possibly that she still did. But he had tarnished her and compromised her self worth. She couldn't go back in time and she couldn't somehow regain her virginity, so what was there to talk about? She was like so many girls that had fallen under Alex Gaskarth's charm and he had used it as leverage. He had charmed his way into her bed and now was trying to get back in? What could he possibly want now?

He sighed. "Bella, I love you. I know you don't believe me, but I do. That night... I didn't think- I thought you'd be like all the other girls, but as soon as we finished and you went to sleep-"

"You left me, Alex. You told me all these pretty words just so you could conquer me and steal my virginity. And I've accepted that it happened, what else could you take from me?"

He frowned. Her point was absolutely valid, and he had really messed up. Still, he realized the fact and was trying to earn her trust back. Her parents adored him, yes, but he'd screwed things up with her and he had to fix them. He knew just how he'd treated Isabella, and he had to make her understand that it was different and that she was different. He really did feel awful about the way things had progressed and was willing to do anything to win her back. He didn't say anything for a while as he tried to put together his words carefully.

"W-when we finished, I got so scared... Sex with you wasn't like other girls, Isabella. There was something there... You told me that sex changes everything and that you didn't want to be just another girl to me, and you weren't. I told you I loved you, Iz. I've never told a girl that before... I freaked out, okay? Thinking about you and everything.... I was scared and I didn't want to admit that I was, and I am in love with you." He ran a hand through his hair. "I was a dumbass, and I shouldn't have left you. I should have stayed and held you.... I shouldn't have run away because I was afraid of these new feelings, and I'm sorry for that. Iz, I'm so fucking sorry, but I can't take it back."

She didn't respond, just looked at him with wide eyes. "I don't think I was ready, Alex. I just... I couldn't say 'no.' I don't want to hate you, but I'm just so...."

"I know." He sighed. "But I need you to admit that you loved me... at least before I ruined everything."

"I still love you.... even if you are a dumbass, but Matt-"

"He's the better choice, I know, but Isabella, I'm in love with you. I want to make everything write. You plague my mind, and you haunt my dreams. Its like I can't escape you, and just thinking about Matt touching you-"

"What? Thinking of me sucking HIS cock and not yours?" She scoffed. "I haven't slept with him yet, but I gave him a blowjob. Does that count as some closure for you?" The blonde tried to look as menacing as she could, but their almost comical height difference didn't help. She hated the way Alex was making her feel. It seemed like he knew every trick to make her more vulnerable.

The older boy frowned. "What can I do, Bella? I fucked things up with you and it kills me. I tried to move on, tried to go back to my old ways of one night stands and drunken conquests, but I can't. Every single girl could never be you. And I don't care that you're with Matt, I need to know if there's still a chance for us."

The girl sighed, looking down. "Alex,"

"Isabella, I'm fighting for you. I know you care for him, but I know you're in love with me too. I won't hurt you again. I just.... I need to know that you haven't already made your mind up."

She couldn't stop herself, she broke down. She didn't know what to do or who to talk to. All she knew was that she cared deeply for Matt, but Alex had an undeniable hold on her. She couldn't choose. She couldn't ruin their friendship or get in between everything. That kiss that they had just shared had made the decision even more difficult. She couldn't tell if Alex was being sincere, but it certainly seemed so to her. Isabella just sobbed, and put her knees to her chest. Alex was at her side immediately, which only made it worse.

"I know that you probably need time, Bella, and I'm willing to wait."

"You want to try again though, right?"

"I was a shitty boyfriend and I didn't treat you with as much respect as I should. Iz, if you let me, I will treat you like a queen.... I will make good on everything that I messed up and more." He wiped some tears with his thumb, looking into her eyes. "Isabella, this isn't about what your parents want, what Matt wants, or what i want. You know how I feel, and if you don't want to be with me, I'll have to get over it, but if you do.... Please don't fight it."

She didn't respond.

"I wrote you a song.... Please listen to it and then consider me, okay?" He moved towards the door, about to leave when she stood up.

"Alex, wait."

He turned and was shocked at the force in which the small blonde pressed him against her closed bedroom door. She pulled his face towards her own and pressed their lips together. They kissed desperately, needing to be near one another. She smiled into the kiss, unzipping and tugging his hoodie off before he could even think. He didn't object, desperate to show her the kind of love he should have all along. He moved her back towards her bed and laid her down, crawling on top of her.

"I love you, and i want you to show me what it was supposed to be like...."

"Iz, you-" He spoke, as her hands found the hem of his shirt.

"Make love to me, Alex."

"I....I, Isabella, are you sure?"

"I need to know what it was supposed to be like. How it would be if we...." She drifted off, pulling the shirt from his body.

"You're sure?" He asked, his fingers reaching for the hem of her own shirt.

She nodded slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are going to hate me, but it may not be what it seems. Its a little short, but I want to know whose on which side.
Choose - Matt or Alex?
Comments make me so happy. Please make me happy.