Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Circles.

Isabella took a liking to Kara immediately. The brunette was really nice to her, careful. It was as if she understood that the four boys were a lot to handle. That she was able to help keep the girl calm. It was hard enough to be around just Alex, but add four more people?!

"Are you okay?" Kara asked softly, sending a soft smile Isabella's way.

"I think so." The other girl spoke. "E-excuse me... I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

The group watched her leave, waiting until she was gone to speak. Alex sighed, looking longingly at the place the blonde had left vacant. It was then that the group began to converse.

"She's... different." Rian spoke quietly.

"She's shy." Kara countered. "And you guys are definitely a lot to handle."

"Its more than that." Alex let out a sigh. "Apparently, she's... got some problems."

"Something's wrong with her?!"

"Her mom didn't say much... just that she wasn't good with people and that's why they homeschool her. She's very childlike... very innocent."

"No wonder you like her so much." Zack spoke, sighing.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Just, that you probably like her because you'll have to put forward a lot more effort to get her in bed."

"Alex, she's a sweet girl. Please don't do this to her." Kara sighed.

The brunette boy shook his head, his gaze falling on the small blonde girl who was walking back to their booth. She smiled softly, sliding in beside him. She didn't know what type of guy he was and he was kind of glad about that. If Isabella knew what he was really like, if her parents did, they wouldn't be out together.

Isabella smiled, taking a sip of her vanilla shake. "What?"

"We just really like you, Izzy." Alex spoke.

"I really like you guys too." She smiled a little wider.

"So you like them?" Alex smiled softly.

"Yeah. Kara especially."

"She's probably sick of us, so it'd be nice to have another girl in the mix."

Isabella smiled. She liked the idea of being accepted into Alex's friendship circle. It amazed how her easily she had gone from no friends to five new friends. Maybe her parents were too overconcerned about her.

"You had a good time tonight?"

Isabella nodded. "Thank you, Alex."

"Definitely."

"I should go inside." The girl spoke quietly, clearly not wanting to leave his side.

"I'll come by tomorrow?"

"Okay." Her smile widened.

"What time do your classes usually end?"

"Just come over whenever you're done with school..." The girl smiled.

"Alright. I'll see you, tomorrow, Isabella."

"Alright." She spoke quietly, unbuckling her seatbelt.

Alex smiled, nodding his head as she opened up the door. He didn't want to rush anything. He didn't want to seem as if he was trying to get into her pants too early. But when she wrapped her arms around her, he wasn't going to push her away.

She felt nice with her small body. Plus, she smelt really nice. Something so feminine - vanilla, strawberries, and some sort of flower. He inhaled her scent, smiling softly. This girl was perfect.

Isabella let go of him, smiling and closing the car door behind her. And then, with a small wave, the silver car made its way out of the Randall's driveway. The young girl smiled, still holding her hand up even after the car had gone. She felt an emotion she couldn't understand.

Alex made her feel things that she didn't understand and even as she entered the house, where her parents were sitting in the living room, she didn't understand. The girl smiled at her parents, taking a seat in her favorite chair.

"Did you have a good time, honey?"

"Yes, mom. I really did. Alex was so nice, and his friends were wonderful too. I hope... y-you don't mind, but I asked if he'd like to come over after his school finishes tomorrow."

"I think it's nice that you have a new friend, Isabella." Her father spoke.

"He's a very nice boy." Mrs. Randall spoke. "He's gone through a lot lately... but he's got a good head on his shoulders."

"I hope you two become good friends... And, you liked his friends as well?"

"Yes daddy."

As promised, Alex was at the Randall household mere moments after school let out. Isabella was waiting for him on the swings. Her hair was in braided pigtails and the shirt she wore was a bit large on her small body. Alex assumed the long button down that she wore as a dress belonged to her father when, really, it was Travis’ favorite shirt that she’d kept. The scent of him still lingered, and it comforted her, even though he wasn’t around any longer.

“Hey.” Alex smiled, getting out of the car and moving closer to her.

“Hey.” Isabella smiled back, not moving from her swing, but instead, awaiting him to join her.

He did just as she hoped, taking a seat beside her, offering her a warm smile. But she didn't say anything else, just stared ahead as she sat, not swinging. Alex may not have known Isabella well, but he didn't think she was one to like silence much.

"Are you alright?"

The girl sighed.

"Just not in a talking mood?"

A moment later, he saw her shake her head in response out of the corner of his eye. "Okay," he relented. "That's fine."

Alex didn't really like silence, but he didn't want her to think that he was going to push her. If he wasn't conversing with someone, his mind tended to wonder. When he wasn't talking, he was thinking, and it often led him to things he didn't want to consider. Particularly, Daniel. He didn't like to think about his brother, as it made him feel more guilty than he was okay with feeling.

"I had a session with my mom." Isabella spoke quietly. "I d-didn't want to talk, and she got upset with me...I know she just wants to fix me, but-"

"You don't need to be fixed, Izzy. You're perfect."

"No, I'm not." Isabella let out a sigh, her gaze fell on the ground."I have, uh, Asperger's Syndrome," she told Alex quietly. "I... I'm not very good with people, and I don't really understand normal emotions... I don't understand a lot of things that normal people do."

Alex didn't say anything. He had wondered why Isabella was a little strange, but it didn't bother him. He figured there was a reason she was a bit off, but he didn't think it was a "syndrome." Still, it didn't make him look at her differently. But it did help him pierce things together better.

"I think that's why my parents homeschool me... you know? Why they're so afraid of me interacting with others.... I'm not really good at this. I've never really had anyone in my life."

"I don't care, Isabella. I'm not going anywhere, and I want to be friends with you."

"Really?"

"Really." He smiled, taking her hand in his. "And I don't think you're odd or weird... I don't think there's anything wrong with you when I look at you."

"Why not?"

He shrugged. "I just don't, Iz," Alex admitted. "I just... I think you're amazing. I think you're a great girl whose really special, but doesn't realize it. And I like spending time with you. I want to spend more time with you."

"Oh, Alex. Thank you. I want to spend more time with you too." She smiled. "I like talking to you."

"I'm glad. I like talking to you also."
♠ ♠ ♠
Its going to pick up, so keep the comments coming...