Status: Comments inspire me to write more :)

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Brain Freeze



July 4th.

(Audrey's Dreaming)

I was sleeping on the old couch that I remembered so much when he took my hand and instantly I sat up and was awake.

"Dad." I gave out a sigh of relief.

"How are you?" He smiled, he stood me up and we began walking through the old Seattle mansion that was so familiar.

"Dad I've missed you." I smiled, linking my arm in his.

"We just talked the other day." He chuckled.

"I know." I sighed.

"It's your birthday today." He grinned, elbowing me as we walked slowly up the stairs.
I grumbled.

"What?" He looked at me, his blue eyes matched with mine.

"Dad, I'm 25 years old."

"And that's the end of the world, because???" He gave me sarcastic look.

"Because in two years I'm gonna be 27."

"So? What's wrong with that? I'm 27, haven't aged a bit." He gave me the Cobain smile.

"You've been that age for sixteen years." I raised my eyebrow.

"Well, why is it so bad that in two years you're gonna be 27?" He asked.

"Because dad...what if I become part of the 27 club? Dad, I'm scared that I'm gonna do it..."

"Don't," He said as we stopped. "Audrey, you're not. Don't ever think of following in my footsteps. Regardless of the way you're feeling, no matter what, in two years, you're gonna be two years older. You have control of your life Audrey. I didn't. You wouldn't let yourself go through with it...you're too good for suicide." He looked down.

"Dad." I whispered looking up at him.

"C'mon, tell me what else is new?" He gave me comforting smile as he put his arm around my shoulders as we continued walking.

"I'm engaged...again." I quietly said.

"To Brian?...again." He chuckled.

"Yeah he gave me the same ri-, where's my ring?" I looked at my hand seeing that I wasn't wearing my ring.

"Don't worry, you'll have it when you go back." He said, as we walked down the hall and stopped in front of my old bedroom door. He was just about to open the door, but I stopped him.

"Wait, not yet." I said.

He stopped and smiled at me.

"Tell me the truth dad...did I make a mistake? What do you think of my relationship with Brian?"

"...I don't think it will last..." He looked down.

I sighed, "Why?"

"I can't tell you that Audrey...It's not for me to tell you, it's too hard." He whispered as he opened the door. There was my old room, the window straight across, the bed below and the old night table. The walls were covered with my old drawings and pictures, and polaroids of me and my dad.
We entered in and sat on the bed.

"Isn't there something you can tell me?" I asked.

"...You're gonna take it hard, and you're not gonna want to let go." He replied in a meloncholly tone.

"Dad, what do I do?" I whispered.

"It'll be okay. Don't push your friends away, especially your brother. He loves you so much." He replied, holding my hand.

I nodded. "I love you so much dad." I told him.

"I love you too Audrey." He hugged me then laid me down. "Happy birthday." he kissed my forehead, then I closed my eyes.

* * * * *
I felt something that was freezing cold against my forehead, then abruptly I woke up. I saw Daniel and Chanel leaning over me each holding a booster juice drink.
"Brain freeze." Daniel grinned.

"On your birthday!" Chanel added, being her cheerful self.

"And the Fourth of July!" Daniel chuckled.

"Ugh, escargot away!" I mumbled pulling the blankets over my head.

"No way, ese. We've come bearing gifts." He pulled the blanket off me and grabbed my leg. "Get up or Imma be dragging you out of this bed."

"On your birthday!" Chanel grinned.

"Fine." I chuckled, sitting up.

"We'll be in the living room." Daniel said as he took Chanel's hand and left out of my room.

I laughed to myself as I rubbed my head. The I remembered a part of my dream, so I quickly looked at my hand. I gasped and almost had a heart attack. The ring was gone. I began tossing the blankets and pillows everywhere looking for the ring, then Daniel called for me.

"Audrey! Brian's here." He said in a very unenthusiasic tone.

I almost died. I smacked my forehead and quietly entered the living room.

"Hey." I nervously smiled.

"Happy birthday." Brian smiled as he held a gift box and gave me a hug.

"Awe thanks Brian, but you really didn't have to." I smiled.

"Of course I do, I wanted to." He gave me a kiss. I opened the box carefully and saw a pair of strange-looking heels..

"Shoes." I chuckled.

"I know you love shoes, I mean, who doesn't? But these aren't just any kind of shoes, these are the Monstrously Beautiful shoes by Alexander McQueen. And I know how much Alexander meant to you, I really hope you like them." He said.

"Wow...Brian, this is so thoughtful and amazing...he did mean alot to me. Thankyou so much Brian." I hugged him.

"Well, there goes my gift. You totally blew my measly present away." Chanel chuckled, "Here you go Audrey." She gave me a box.

I opened it up and found a black leather Yves Saint Laurent clutch, "Oh my goodness, Chanel this is so gorgeous, I love it. Thankyou so much." I hugged her.

"Oh you're welcome, it's kind of ironic with the symbolism of our gifts, 'cause Brian like, got you Alexander McQueen shoes 'cause he meant alot to you, and now the clutch 'cause I got it because I knew how much Yves meant to you...this is kind of turning meloncholly. Please don't cry." Chanel nervously smiled.

"No it's perfect, you guys know me so well and these gifts are so meaningful to me." I chuckled.

"Well don't forget mine, here you go my lovely sister." He gave me 2 boxes, one was small and the other was a little bigger but flat. So I opened the small box first, and found a necklace of a small ribcage, and a bracelet of a spine. I began laughing.

"Oh Daniel, this is awesome, you know the way to my heart. Bones." I smiled hugging him. I then opened the other gift and went silent. It was a framed picture of me when I was 10 years old with my uncle Gianni. We were kneeling on the dock, leaning over looking at the shells in the water.

"You remember that summer right? When uncle Gianni took us to Italy and we went to look at the fishing boats, and stopped at the dock. There were two pictures taken, one was the three of us, and then there was this one of you and him. I like this one the best." Daniel smiled, looking at the picture.

"Danny," I sighed, I was so overwhelmed and speechless and happy. "Danny this is beautiful." I hugged him tightly. "Thankyou so much Daniel, I love it. I love the bones. I love the clutch. I love the shoes. I love you all so much. Thankyou."

"Now little Miss Audrey has to go get ready for a date with Brian, and Chanel and I have got some business to do. But my dear, we will see you later." Daniel kissed my forehead, then left with Chanel.

"We have a date?" I asked Brian.

"Yeah we do." He smiled.

* * * * *
I went and fixed myself up and wore shorts and a tank top, flip flops, a hat and my shades. Brian and I went for a walk on the beach, his arm around me.

"Brian I've got something to tell you..." I turned my eyes away.

"Yeah?"

"I...I...I lost the ring..." I stuttered.

"No you didn't." He smiled.

I didn't say anything because I was confused.

He began, "Last night, when you went back to your room, I went downstairs, then it was getting late, so I got in the elevator, and to both of our dismay, Daniel and I had to share the elevator for 8 floors. He said something that really struck me. He said, 'Brian, you don't realize just how much Audrey really loves you.' It hit me like a tonne of bricks. I felt as though last night I asked you to marry me because of some competition with Garrett, and maybe you thought the same. But Audrey it wasn't like that. So I got Daniel to sneak into your room and take the ring, and early this morning I was waiting at the jewellers and I got it resized. Audrey, last night was the total opposite of romantic. And I love you and you deserve so much more, and I'd like to ask you again if you'd marry me...can I?"

I bit my lip out of excitement, and nodded my head.

He took out the ring box and knelt down on one knee, "Audrey Summer Cobain-Versace, I love you. Will you marry me?"

"Really?" I was extremely excited. People were watching.

He nodded.

"This is so unexpected." I grinned, purposely stalling.

"Just put the ring on." He chuckled as he slipped the ring onto my finger. I screamed with excitement as he kissed me and picked me up. The bystanders began clapping and cheering.

(music)

"We're getting married!" I laughed as we fell into the sand.

"I love you so much Audrey." He smiled as he bowed his head to give me a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?

Comments:)

Your feedback is important to me :)

Here's Audrey and Brian's Outfits and Audrey's Gifts