We Never Wanted It To Be This Way

Blood

Blood.

So much blood.

A terrified looking girl, aged somewhere around her early to mid twenties, took a few raspy, shallow breaths that seemed to echo around the cold tiled room.

She knelt down and placed two fingers on the side of the neck of the person that lay lifeless in front of her.

Nothing. No pulse. Nothing.

“No.” The girl chanted quietly to herself.

“You can’t do this to me!” She suddenly screamed.

“Don’t fucking do this to me! I need you!”

She inhaled shakily and waited. The ambulance were on their way, but the girl sitting helplessly on the cold hard floor, next to an even colder dead body, knew that there was no hope.

Nothing could save her now.

Tears streamed down the girls pale cheeks, leaving slight black marks from her eyeliner.

She stared at the body, sitting cross-legged beside it. Mesmerized. It was a horrible but beautiful sight.

The lifeless body still somehow managed to be the most beautiful thing the girl had ever seen. Even though the person was lying in a pool of her own blood, surrounded by numerous pills and empty vodka bottles.

The shaking girl leant over and placed a shaky hand on the dead persons chest.

The body lying on the floor suddenly grabbed a tight hold of the girls arm and sat up, smiling evilly before picking up an empty vodka bottle and swung the girl forcefully over the head with it. Plunging her into darkness…


I gasped and sat up right quickly.

“Fuck it!” I said frustrated.

I must’ve fallen asleep again.

“We didn’t want to wake you. We wanted you to get some sleep.” Someone called from the ‘kitchen.’

I closed my eyes tight and rubbed my temples. I’ve been awake for a total of what would be about half a minute now, and I could already feel a headache coming. Great.

I shuddered as I remembered my nightmare.

The same reoccurring nightmare I have had every single night, for the last three months. The nightmare no one knew about but me.

And for now, I wanted to keep it that way…