Status: Hiatus

Smile for Me

Friends

I ran my fingers through my hair as I sighed loudly. I was on my way to the venue and Gracie was driving. The cheerful summer song blasted out from the speaker, making me to feel a little bit happy inside. Once again, my phone rang and I ignored it for like, the third times.

"Can you just answer your phone, please?" Gracie said and sighed heavily as she drove.

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest., "It's from Nick, isn't it?" she asked again.

I nodded, "Okay. Gimme your phone." I gave my phone to her and she answered the call.

"Hello." she answered, still looking at the road, "Hmm Fiona? Oh okay. Wait for a sec." she gave my phone back but I didn't take it. "Nick wants to talk with you."

I sighed and grabbed my phone, "Hello?" I answered.

"Fiona! Are you okay?" He asked in a worry tone. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and frowned.

"I'm fine, Nick. What's up?" I said casually to the phone.

"Your Dad wanted me to pick you up. He looked so worried." My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Did he tell my Dad about it?

"Nick, did you tell him about this?" I rubbed my head and closed my eyes for a while.

"Ummm.. Yes?" Oh gosh. He told my Dad about it and now he's so worried about me. Way to ruin my day...

I groaned, "Why did you tell him about this? It's not like I'm gonna faint or die at school!"

"I'm sorry, Fi." We both silenced, "Where are you? I have to pick you up."

"You don't have to. I'm on my way there." I hung up the phone before he could say anything and shoved my phone into my jeans pocket.

"What happened?" Gracie asked and glanced at me for a split second.

"Nick told my Dad about last night when I fainted. You know my Dad, right? He's so worried about me and he wanted Nick to pick me up." I explained to her as we just got at the venue.

"We're just arrived at the venue. He really doesn't need to pick you up." Gracie said as she turned off the car engine and got out from my car.

"Fiona!!" I heard someone call my name. Me & Gracie looked around to find out and we saw Joe waving at us. He had a grin on his face and his eyes lit up.

"Oh, right. We didn't meet Nick, but we met his brother." Gracie said and waved at Joe.

"Fi, you better meet your Dad now. He's so worried about you." Joe said as he walked closer to me.

"Oh, okay." I sighed softly and shrugged my shoulder, "Where are they?" I asked Joe then grabbed my bag from the car.

"They?" Joe asked in confusion and frowned at me.

"My Dad and your brother, Joe." I rolled my eyes at him

"Oh," he grinned innocently, "They're in your dressing room."

"Okay, thanks, Joe." I turned to Gracie, "Oh, Gracie. See ya at the concert!!" then I left them at the parking lot. I gulped hardly as I walked in to the venue from the back door and to my dressing room. I hoped something bad wasn't going to happen.

***


I took a deep breath and shut my eyes for a while before opening the door, "Hi, guys. Sorry I'm late." I said, trying to relax and calm as I got in to the dressing room.

"FIONA!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" my Dad screamed at me as I placed my bag on the couch.

"School." I answered shortly and glanced at Nick who was standing next to my Dad with Diet Coke on his hand.

"YOU FAINTED LAST NIGHT AND TODAY YOU WENT TO SCHOOL?" Dad, could you just calm down, please? I'm not a baby. And who's gonna miss the last day of school? Not me.

"Dad, it's not a big deal. I fainted because I was too tired and needed to rest! But now? I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine! It's not like I'm gonna faint or die at school, Dad. I know how to take care of myself." He looked pretty mad at himself and left the room.

"Hey." I said, waving a little at Nick, "I'm sorry, Nick." He stepped closer to me and sat on the couch.

"For what?" He asked calmly.

I sighed loudly and ran my fingers through my hair, "My Dad mad at you cause I left you at home and went to school. He was supposed to be mad at me, not you."

"Hey, that was my fault too cause I told him about last night. Maybe, he wasn't going to mad if I didn't tell him."

"Okay then." I silenced for a while, "Oh! Thank you so much for helping me last night. I didn't know what will happen to me if you didn't come back."

"That's what friends are for, right? I was confused when I found you faint last night. I mean, you're never like that before."

I nodded, "Okay, I have to change my clothes. See ya, Nick." He left me alone in this dressing room, busy with my mind. The moment when he said 'that's what friends are for'. I felt kinda sad knowing that he looked at me just as a friend, a best friend, not more than that. Well, maybe I should leave it behind. I honestly didn't know if he would change his feelings towards me but... I think I'm fine with the friendship I have with him right now. It's not like he has to be mine as a boyfriend. Best friend is perfectly enough for me, I guess.

***


"Okay, so, this is the last song for tonight. It called 'Catch Me'." I said as I grabbed my guitar. The crowd screamed and I started to play.

Before I fall too fast
Kiss me quick, but make it last
So I can see how badly this will hurt me
When you say goodbye

Keep it sweet, keep it slow
Let the future pass, and don't let go
But tonight I could fall too soon
Into this beautiful moonlight


"Sing with me." I said then played the chords again.

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling, but please don't catch me


"Great." I smiled then continued to sing.

See this heart won't settle down
Like a child running scared from a clown
I'm terrified of what you do
My stomach screams just when I look at you

Run far away so I can breathe
Even though you're far from suffocating me
I can't set my hopes too high
'Cause every hello ends with a goodbye

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling, but please don't catch me

So now you see why I'm scared
I can't open up my heart without a care
But here I go, it's what I feel
And for the first time in my life I know it's for real

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling so please don't catch me

If this is love, please don't break me
I'm giving up so just catch me


"Thank you so much for coming tonight. See ya!" I waved to the crowd and left the stage. I ran to my dressing room and put my guitar on the couch.

"Fiona!!!" The door opened and Gracie came in.

"Hello." I said, sitting on the couch.

She sat next to me, "Your performance was great! I'm so lucky I can come to your concert!"

"Oh, thank you so much for coming, Gracie! You're the best friend ever!" I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"Awh." Gracie stayed for about 30 minutes in my dressing room. We talked about anything. But mostly about Nick. Well, actually, that's a sensitive topic for me but she kept on talking about it anyway.

"You know what? You like him since years ago so I think you just have to tell him about your feelings." Gracie said easily and I sighed loudly.

"No, Grace. It's not that easy and I'm sure that it will ruin our friendship. I can perfectly hide my feelings when I'm around him. And I'm fine with it." I said, playing my phone.

When Gracie was about to say something, the door opened, revealing the guy Gracie talked about a few minutes ago, "Oh, hi." Nick came in with Diet Coke in his hand (again).

"Hi, Nick." Gracie said as she suddenly stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked Gracie with a frown.

"I have to go home now. My Dad just called me that he needs me at home right now." She walked to the door, "So, see ya, guys!" She lied smoothly to me and then left me with Nick. Actually, Gracie never got a call from his Dad and I know why she left me. She wanted me to talk with Nick.

"Great performance, Fi." He said as he sat next to me. I watched Gracie until she left the room and finally landed my eyes on Nick.

"Thanks." I said shortly and grabbed my phone, trying my best to not feel awkward around Nick.

"So, do you any plans for tomorrow?" He asked out of the blue and finished his Diet Coke.

"Nope." I turned to look at him. I held the urge to look away from his eyes because his eyes are just so hypnotizing.

"Wanna have lunch?" He asked and turned his head from the can in his hand to see me.

When I was about to open my mouth and answer him, the door opened. "Is Nick here?" I turned to look at the door and my smile instantly fell. It's Nick's ex, Miley. Yeah.

"Oh, there is he." Miley smiled and came in. Wait. What was she doing here? I didn't remember inviting her or even the last time I saw her.

Nick groaned lowly and looked at Miley, "What are you doing here?" He asked bitterly and rolled his eyes.

"We need to talk." She said, still standing in the doorway. Her smile faded when she saw me sat next to Nick.

Nick sighed and turned again to see me, "What about breakfast? tomorrow?" He said to me.

"Oh, okay. But where?" I asked as I stood up. I just had to leave this room.

"I'll call you later, 'kay?" He smiled weakly and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay." I walked out from the room, not bothering to close the door. As I walked to outside and tried to find some fresh air, I thought to myself. Why did I have to leave Nick alone with Miley? They're in my dressing room. Wait. It's my dressing room, right? Then why did I have to do that? Gosh. I know I could be so stupid sometimes. Besides, what the things Miley wanna say to Nick until they needed a privacy like that? Before stupid thoughts coming to my head, I shook my head furiously and took a few deep breaths. I really need to learn how to calm myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update this story. I was sick and had to go to my grandma's house :(
So, here it is. what do you think about it?

Give some comments please! I really need to know what you think about this story.
thx.