Sequel: Chasing Happiness.
Status: Finished Please Comment (:

Things Could Be Better, but They Could Be a Whole Lot Worse

9.

We sat and looked at each other, like a weird staring contest, but with no winner, no prizes, and no losers.

Finally, unable to stand it any more, i looked away, now gazing at the cooker, the light flashing the time, like it was enduring an epileptic fit.

“So Tyler thinks I'm your boyfriend, instead of John?” Garrett stated more than questioned as i just nodded, my back still to him, eyes trained to the flashing clock hoping to be anywhere but here.

“So she doesn't know about you and John?” he asked as my back tensed at his words.

If it wasn't for John i wouldn't be in this predicament with the first guy i like, but with him thinking my cousin is my “boy friend”.

“There's nothing to tell” i said frostily as i clenched my jaw at the mention of his name.

“What do you mean there's nothing to tell Logan? He's your boyfriend yet you've not told your family? So now your sister thinks you and me are a couple, which if John finds out, will probably mean i have no face. So yeah i think there is something to tell” he spat, grabbing hold of my shoulders and turning me to face him, his eyes locking onto mine and making it impossible for me to look away.

I flinched slightly at his words, like they where stabbing at my exposed legs from my shorts, causing me physical pain.

It was here that i realised that this was the first time he had used my full first name instead of nicknames, and i hated how he said it with such anger, such hurt.

And this was the first time i have ever fully felt ashamed. Ashamed of not telling Garrett the truth about me and John being related, and that he used me as a prom date because he has a reputation to live up to.

How i liked him and wanted him to be my boyfriend.

“Is there anything you want to tell me?” he asked, his hand cupping my cheek, his finger grazing it softly.

I opened my mouth to speak, but it felt like the words where getting stuck at the back of my throat, catching onto it, making it impossible for me to spit them out, tell him the truth and how i truly feel.

He searched my eyes one last time, shaking his head slightly, before standing up and walking through the door and out of my house.

I broke from my trance immediately, and jumped up from the floor as if i had been tazered or electrocuted, not even bothering with shoes, as i ran from my house.

My old grey vest top, riding up exposing more of my stomach, my one white running shorts now a dirty grey from the amount of time they had been washed.

“Garrett” i called, my voice breaking slightly as he stopped and turned to look at me from the side of his yellow car, he rubbed a hand through his copper hair, confusion painted on his face.

“What Logan?” he asked as i finally had reached him, stopping in front of him, silencing his words by leaning up, and gently pulling his head towards mine.

Our lips meeting but the sweet bliss was only short lived, as i pulled away, before running back to the house, not turning back to look at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy...Comment? It Will Be Ending Soon (: