Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chpater 4

Kind of boring :/

--

I stood up, smiling and put out my arms.

"ATHENA GENEVIEVE!" Hunter shouted and ran towards me, hugging me. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too!"

"Damn, Athena. You look sexy, girl. And I'm liking this haircut." Hunter smiled widely and I felt like crying. Goddamn, I had missed this wonderful girl.

"Thank you! You look /amazing/, Hunter. Your hair is awesome!" I laughed.

"How is my hair?" Allison butted in and I laughed again.

"Your blue streak is really rockin', girl," I smiled at my other best friend.

I looked over at Jack who was staring at Hunter. 'Ask her out, you fucker!' I mouthed and he shook his head. I glared at him. 'You're an idiot!'

"What are you saying to Jack?" Zack asked?

I glared at him. "Nothing."

Hunter furrowed her brow at the mention of Jack's name. I rolled my eyes, as did Alex, Zack, Matt, Rian and Alli.

"Hey, uh, we should probably get out of here." Alex spoke up and I closed my eyes. Calm, Athena.

Jack, Rian and Matt grumbled but they agreed. It was getting late and I think they got the message that the three best friends had catching up to do.

"See you tomorrow, Athena." Jack smiled and I cocked an eyebrow.

"How will you see me tomorrow?" I asked.

"We live in the same building as the kid you'll probably be nannying. One floor above, we'll be around to say hey. Grayer loves us!" Rian grinned.

"Oh... yeah, right. Cool." I tried to say with enthusiasm. Alex would be there. Everyday. Wonderful.

"Bye, Athena," Alex mumbled and I didn't even respond. I didn't feel like it.

--

After Zack took Eli upstairs for bed, Alli, Hunter and I sat at the kitchen table remembering things from our past. Even though Hunter had been two years younger we had hung out with her anyway. She had always been super mature for her age, so even though she was 13 when everything went down, it seemed like she was 15.

"Athena! Do you remember that one night where we were acting like Charlie's Angels?" Allison laughed.

"Hell yeah!"

*Flashback*

"Allison!" I held up my fingers in a gun position and narrowed my eyes at Hunter and Alli.

The guys were busy ignoring us, so we decided to have our own fun. Yes. We planned on scaring the shit out of the guys as they played video games, but we needed to get in character.

Hunter and Allison rushed into position and we had Kacey take our picture. "Thanks, guuurl." I laughed and she smiled.

"Do you want to help?" Hunter asked.

Kacey shook her head. "You guys have fun!"

"Oh, we will." Allison bowed her head and her eyes darkened. She could be super scary when she wanted to.

"C'mon, Alli, let's dooooo this!" I shouted and we started formulating our plan. I loved nights like these.

*End*

--

"God. I miss those days," I pouted.

"I know," Allison whispered and we all sat there for awhile, not speaking.

"Okay, well, I am sooo exhausted guys, so can we talk tomorrow?" I asked, yawning.

Allison and Hunter nodded. Hunter walked over to the front door. "Good luck tomorrow, Athena," Hunter smiled and I hugged her. "You can get my number from Alli, text me!"

We waved goodbye to Hunter and then trudged upstairs. "Thank you so much, Alli."

"You're my best friend, I'd do anything for you," Allison smiled and I hugged her. God, I was hugging a lot of people today! "See you tomorrow, morning!"

"Goodnight, lovey," I laughed and went into my room. Now to call Kacey.

I dialed her number and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hey, babygirl!" She said. It was quiet in the background. Weird.

"Hey, Kace. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. You? Got a new job yet?" Kacey asked.

"Haha, I'm interviewing tomorrow."

"Where?"

"For a nannying job," I said, quietly.

"Nannying?"

"Yup..."

"Where at?!" Kacey asked, surprised.

"I'm in New York City. I'm at Zack and Alli's house." I said.

"Holy shit! When did this happen?" Kacey shouted.

"Zack got my number from our mom and he convinced me to come interview for this job." I explained.

"Damn! Haha. Wait... is the fucker there?" Kacey sneered.

"Yes."

"What's he done so far?" She laughed.

"He made me talk about what happened for the first time in six years, he's called me Thea and he's told me that he doesn't understand why I'm not over it yet." I sighed.

"Goddamn. I'm coming."

"What?"

"I'm coming to New York. I need to see you. I'll be there in two days. But I have to go, it's time to partaaay." Kacey laughed. "Love you, girl!"

"Love you too," I laughed and hung up.

Tomorrow would be a lonnnng day.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. And it's a boring, filler chapter. Booooo. Just to let you guys know, I have up to chapter six written on Polyvore and I'm writing chapter seven today because I'm very much inspired by Every Avenue. So hope you enjoyed this! -jos.