Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

We're Too Far From The Start

“NORAH!”

That was the beautiful screaming I woke up to the next day. I lazily opened my eyes to see Jared’s sideway face. I shut my eyes closed before he managed to grab my wrists and holding me up. “Please get up, I need help!”

“With what…?” I tiredly asked.

Jared released his grip from my wrists and said, “Okay remember the time you gave me the list of merch sales we made at our last Warped?” I lazily nodded my head, which I felt move towards the side, still with my eyes closed.

“I lost it.” He said.

Then, my eyes shot open, looking at Jared with a confused look. “YOU LOST IT!?”

Jared nodded and I felt the urge to scream at the top of my lungs. I needed that list to count up the total merch at the end of touring. But then I took a breath and looked at him, he didn’t mean losing it. I shook my head and stood up, moving past Jared. He got up and followed me out of the back lounge and into the front lounge where all the other guys were, including Garrett.

“I’m sorry Norah,” I heard Jared’s voice from behind. I turned around and showed off a half-smile. “It’s fine, Jared. I’ll just have to count the remaining merch. I’m going to do it the long and hard way, but its fine.” Jared pouted and sat on the sofa next to Kennedy and Pat.

“Good morning sis,” Pat greeted. I looked at him and smiled. I awkwardly waved to the guys and then turned around and made my way to the restroom; I needed to splash some water on my face. I ran the faucet as I sat on the toilet seat, holding my face in my hands. I felt naturally hungover and I didn’t know why.

The cold water felt fresh as I continuously splashed it all over my face. Next, I brushed my teeth and jumped in the tub for a quick shower. I had to get ready to go count the fucking merch. I wrapped the towel around my body and realized that I didn’t bring any clothes into the restroom with me. Crap.

I poked my head out the door to see if any of the guys were in the hallway; they were still in the front lounge talking. I held the towel against my chest and walked out of the door as quickly as I could. I made a dash to my bunk but then I ended up running into Garrett.

“AH!” I shouted, holding the towel tighter and closer to my body. Garrett looked at me; I watched his eyes as he looked me up and down and then back up at my face. “So you took a shower?” He asked awkwardly. I nodded as I walked past him, grabbing clothes off my bunk and walked back to the restroom. Garrett was still in the hallway. I turned to him and said, “Don’t worry; I won’t be long.” I smirked and slammed the door in his face.

The beginning of my day started off crappy and frustrating. I was sitting outside of the parked tour bus opening up the boxes and recounting and rewriting a list of the merch. The boys were hanging inside and out, relaxing since it was an off-set day. John and Pat were helping me with the counting while Jared had his own box to count and write up. Garrett and Kenny were frying burgers inside on the stove for lunch.

“So, we’re just supposed to count up the remaining merch?” Pat asked, holding up shirts in his hands. I turned, with a pen and paper in hand and nodded. “Yes Patrick. I’ve freaking explained it to you like 5 fucking times. Just count!”

“Geeze Nor, take a breather.” John said, in his calming voice. He leaned forward and rubbed my back. I shook my head. “Sorry, it’s just I hate doing this the long way.” I turned to Jared, “Don’t worry Jare, I’m not blaming you. It’s not your fault; you probably just misplaced it.”

Garrett walked off the bus holding a plate of burgers and fries. Kennedy came outside and 6 cans of Pepsi and bottles of ketchup. When we saw the food, we jumped off the bench and ran to the picnic table that was set up right in front of the bus. “I’m fucking hungry!” Pat shouted as he ran passed Jared, John and I.

Garrett set the plate in the middle and handed us paper ones. We all sat together and grabbed one burger. I sat on the end of the bench because that was my normal sitting spot. Garrett came over and rubbed my shoulders as he sat down next to me.

“Hey,” he said, smiling. I smiled back at him as I nuzzled my head on his shoulder. The guys dug into their food as I sat back and watched them. It was always interesting watching them eat.

“So, do you wanna talk?” Garrett asked me as he wiped the corners of his mouth.

I turned to look at him and asked softly, “What about?”

“Norah, you acted so weird last night when I told you about Rachael. Come on, after lunch let’s talk.” I shook my head and pointed to the boxes. “Can’t. I have to count.”

He looked down. “Well, I have something else to tell you too.”

“What?” I asked, after biting into my burger which was actually really good. Kennedy wasn’t the best cook in the band, but he could grill burgers better than any other guy I know.

“I’ll tell you when we go have dinner tonight.” His eyes sparkled.

Again, I asked, “What?”

Garrett smirked and turned his attention back to his food. Never stop a guy from eating his food. Pat was eating like a savage, as always. I rolled my eyes and finished my burger. I drank my Pepsi until nothing was left. I stood up at the table and told the guys, “Fucking amazing lunch Ken, thanks. I’m going to go count now.” I pointed my finger towards the boxes. “So I’ll be right over there if any of you guys need me…” I looked directly at Garrett, who got the message. He gave me a slight nod and watched me turn my back and leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank you guys for the comments and subscribers. Mibba is still confusing as hell, but I'm here just to post my stories for your entertainment. I really, really do hope you like them and please, be honest and tell me if it's good or not. I don't take criticism very well, but I'll try. THANKK YOU. Also, check out my Jack Barakat story, 'Wherever She May Be'. <33