Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

No Giving Up When You're Young

"I thought I had my girl but she ran away…"

John was singing, like always. I watched as him and Jared took out their guitars and played while I was still counting the t-shirts. Garrett finally finished and cleaned up before coming my way. I looked up and saw him standing there, smiling. He sat down next to me on the bench and helped me fold the shirts neatly back into the box.

“So please tell me what’s going on?” I said, tilting my side onto his.

Garrett turned his head and laughed, “Nor, I got us reservations as this restaurant; no big deal. You’re my best friend and I promised you a fancy dinner date during tour, right?” I nodded and kissed his cheek. The boy set the shirts inside the box while we continued talking.

“It’s just something I have to do because I owe you…” he said.

“For what? What did I do that deserves a fancy dinner?” I asked him, as I crossed my legs and wrote down the total number of t-shirts on a piece of paper. I set the notebook on the bench and folded the box shut.

“Remember that time,” he started by turning his body towards me, “when I fell on my bike and the jeans I was wearing got torn. Then you ran over to me and kissed my knee and I told you I was going to make it up to you one day? Well that’s tonight.”

I blushed, “Garrett that was when you were 10.”

“I KNOW!” He said excitedly. We both laughed and reminisced on the other time when Pat pushed me down the stairs when I was 14 and Garrett was walking in the hallway. He caught me and prevented a broken knee. And that was the moment I fell in love with the idea of being in love… with Garrett Daniel Nickelsen.

The way I acted around them, nobody suspected a thing. I’ve had 2 boyfriends and I honestly loved them both, but not the kind of love I’ve secretly been in towards Garrett. And no matter what, watching him walk off with Rachael or even just hearing him talk about her, hurt me.

I stepped on the bus and heard Kennedy’s voice say, “Norah, come here.”

I walked over to Kennedy who was in the back lounge, tuning his guitar. His smiling face was made my day. This guy was just always a happy camper nowadays and I’m glad because ever since he broke up with his girlfriend he hit a deep depression. Luckily, it’s all over now.

“Kenny, what’s up?” I asked.

He looked at me and patted the seat next to him. I walked over and sat down and watched him tune his guitar while he talked to me. “So what’s going on?” He asked me.

“God, why am I being interrogated today?” I laughed, crossing my legs and picking up Tim’s papers that were on the floor.

“Garrett being with Rachael again….” Kennedy discreetly said.

I rolled my eyes. “I really don’t want to talk about that.”

Kennedy was the only guy though… that knew I had feelings for Garret since I was 14. He pretty much knew some of my secrets since I spent countless hours talking him out of his depression. This boy and I just developed our friendship relationship and now we hide nothing.

“Fine. Guess I won’t be telling you what he told me last night…”

I hated it when he did this. I set Tim’s papers on the seat next to me and then turned facing my body towards Kennedy. He set his guitar down and scooted closer to me, talking in a low, whisper-y voice. “He told me that she came for the first week of Warped, but we didn’t know this because he said she didn’t want us to know she was here. Guess what happened?”

My face leaned in closer. “What?”

“They fucked… here in the back lounge.” He said slowly.

I quickly stood up and threw myself towards Kennedy. We both tumbled and landed on the floor, laughing. I wanted to cry though, knowing that Garrett and Rachael had sexual intercourse in the room I was currently in.

“Kennedy, I fucking hate you,” I sobbed into his chest. His arms held me at my waist and he rested his chin on top of my head. We were still on the floor, but we were both too tired to get up.

“I’m sorry Norah, but this is a fact. The bitch left after the first week and the guy barely told me yesterday.” He said, squeezing me gently. A tear ran down my cheek as I picked my head up to look at Kenny. With his hand, he wiped the side of my face and smiled.

“Don’t go on the date with him.”

I raised a brow. “Why not?”

“I don’t want you to have dinner with the guy you love, but obviously has a girlfriend.” This guy was always looking out for me. I once found him very attractive, and hell, I still do. Honestly, I think they are all good-looking, besides my brother, but I know I’d get in deep shit if anything ever happened between me and these guys.

“Thank you. I love you Kennedy,” I said, pressing my face against his chest again, taking in his scent. Out of all the guys, Kennedy definitely smelled the best.

“I love you too Norah.”

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?” We both looked up at saw Tim walk in with John. My brother looked furious. I quickly got up and smoothed out my shirt while Kennedy stayed on the ground, pressing his fingers against his temple.

“It’s nothing Tim. Calm the fuck down,” I told him, sitting down on the seat.

My brother always got pissed if he saw something like this happen. One time when we were back home in Arizona, I was having a drink with John and then out of nowhere he kissed me and Tim caught us. He’s just always there at the right time and I fucking hated that.

“Norah Rae, I told you since the start of the tour to never develop relationships with any of these guys.”

I looked at him, disgustingly. He always thinks he runs my life. He always makes sure I obey his every command. Most of the time he acts like our dad; never like my brother.

“Seriously Tim? You tell me this every time the guys are around. I’m fucking 18 years old, I can handle these guys. Look.” I walked over to Kennedy, picked him up, and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kept kissing him. I felt his arms snake around my waist and a smile form on his lips.

“Quit it Norah!” Tim shouted repeatedly. I heard John laugh while Pat, Jared, and Garrett come in gasping. “What is she doing?” Pat asked.

“She’s obviously kissing fucking Kennedy!” he shouted again.

“Norah stop it!” That was Garrett’s voice. He wanted me to stop kissing Kennedy? Never.

“Don’t stop,” I whispered into Kennedy’s ear, “Don’t stop now.
♠ ♠ ♠
KSJDSKLDNASJIDSND <3 Feedback would be nice after every chapter. I think the story is starting to develop now. I'm starting to get into it.