Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

She's Fresh To Death

Another Warped date and I was the first one awake on the bus. I found myself in my bunk, dazed and confused. I don’t remember getting in there; maybe Kennedy came in and brought me here. Well, whoever did it, I owe them. My neck was aching and all I could hear were the snores coming from outside my bunks curtain. I shoved my blanket to the end and rubbed my eyes.

The first thing I did was check my phone.

150 New Messages

They were mostly from Twitter since I was following most of the bands that we were currently with. Brian Dales, Alex DeLeon, and Jac Vanek tweeted the for the most part, but it was perfectly fine because whatever they tweeted made me laugh. Those three were such a crazy bunch. After going through half of the messages, I slid the curtain to the side and jumped off my bunk which was in the middle. Kennedy was on the top with Jared at the bottom. Across from mine was Garrett’s, John took the top and Pat had the bottom.

“Norah?” I heard Tim’s voice from the back lounge. I turned my head to see him sitting there on his laptop, fumbling through some paper work. His eyes seemed bloodshot and his hair was a mess. Seeing my brother like this was very rare so something must have happened.

“What… Tim, why do you look like this?” I asked him, rushing to his side.

He looked at me with a blank expression, I just couldn’t comprehend. “Are you with Kennedy?”

I shook my head. “No, no. I’m not with Kenny. That was just one thing Tim.”

Tim sighed and went back to his laptop. He opened up a document and typed up the times for the crew members and the guys. I watched him as I sat there awkwardly. Tim and I definitely had those weird brother-sister moments, but this was by far the most uncomfortable. “Just don’t do anything stupid with him Norah. You’re my little sister and I fucking love you, so I apologize for the way I’ve been acting. I just don’t want you to be a band slut.”

“Wow, Tim… seriously? A band slut?” I dropped my jaw and laughed afterward. I hooked my arm through his and leaned my head against his shoulder as he continued to work. “Just for the record, I don’t think anything will happen between Kenny and I.”

“That’s good. You’re too good for that guy anyway,” he smiled and kissed my forehead.

“Now go get dressed and unload your displays.” Tim ordered me. I grinned and said, “Of course.”

I got up and walked towards my bunk, but I turned around to look back at my brother. He looked at me and nodded his head, “What?” I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair. “I love you too.”

________________________________________________

“Can you guys please form a line?” I shouted over the heads that were stampeding to the table. We had just got the new t-shirts and booty shorts and every Maine fan was charging my way, wanting one. I had been shouting for the past 3 minutes and still they wouldn’t listen. I stood on top of the stool and continuing yelling, “FORM A LINE.” Nothing. They were budging and shoving and everything bad just to be able to get new merch.

I gasped and ran to the next tent where I found Josh Montgomery and John Gomez from The Summer Set. I reached for the arms and said, “Please help me!” They nodded and ran back to The Maine tent and stood on top of the other stools. They shouted in their loud manly voices. “EVERYONE! Can you please form a single file line for this pretty lady?” I looked up at John who was talking first. He winked at me and finished with, “Josh and I will take pictures with you guys afterward. Just line the fuck up! Thank you!”

After they talked to the crowd, the girls did line up and in an orderly fashion too. Josh and John jumped down from the stools and laughed.

“Good one John!” Josh said, high-fiving his friend.

I smiled as I walked closer to them. “Thank you guys so much! I don’t know what I would’ve done without you’re yelling. I guess I don’t have the shouting down.” I laughed as I looked over to the girls who were analyzing the t-shirts that were hung all around the inside of the tent.

John smiled back. “You’re welcome. What’s your name?”

Josh laughed and patted John’s back. “Good one. I’m going to go get ready. You’re welcome…”

“Norah Rae. I’m Pat and Tim’s little sister.” I said.

“Norah, that’s pretty name. Well it was nice to meet you. See you later. I’m out John, see ya.” He said, shaking my hand and ruffling John’s head. We both watched him as he left through the back. I turned back to John and grinned. “I’m a big fan.”

John laughed and crossed his arms. “Thanks Norah. Wow, so you’re their little sister? Brian was talking about you on the bus, but I had no idea who you really were.”

“What did he say about me?” I asked.

“Just nice things. You don’t have to worry.” He kept that smile on his face and God, it was such a beautiful smile. I turned to look at the line now and they were staring at me.

“Well, I guess I have to do my job now. Thanks so much.”

“No problem. But, if you don’t mind… would it be cool if you can watch our set later on today?”

I nodded my head, “Of course. I actually could make it to see you guys play.”

John was now backing up towards the back curtain. He grinned and lifted the curtain over his head before saying his last words to me, “See you then.” And then he disappeared behind the thin drape and felt this strange feeling in my stomach. Was my face red?

Now, I turned around to see the girls who looked pretty pissed and tired. I rushed over to the table and started doing what I do best. “Sorry for the wait.” I kept repeating after one customer left and the next one came up. They ignored it and smiled. “No worries,” Some said. Luckily, this was what I was working with.

I worked for 3 hours by myself and then switched off with Vito who was working for Artist Vs Poet earlier. He came up behind me and grabbed my shoulders. I turned out and laughed, “Don’t you dare try to scare me Vito.”

“I know, I know. You carry pepper spray around,” he grinned, taking the fanny pack I had around my waist and wrapping it around his. He finished the Red Bull that was in his hand and threw it in the trash underneath the table. “So, go ahead…” he said, waving his hands in the air.

My smile widened as I jumped up and kissed his cheek. “Thanks so much Vito! I owe you one!” Then I ran passed the curtain and made my way to watch The Summer Set, just like I promised John I’d do.

“Norah,” I felt an arm go around my waist. I turned my head to see Garrett’s smiling face. He was sweating and chugging down a bottle of water. I guess they had just finished their set and they were on their way to the tent. “Hey,” I said, looking at him weird. Once I saw his face, I remembered the previous night… when I told him I loved him.

Garrett looked at me. “What are you doing?”

I pointed my finger towards the Glamour Kills stage where The Summer Set was about to take over. “I’m going to go watch Brian and the gang…” I said awkwardly.

“Oh…” the boy nodded his head. At this moment, he slowly removed his arm from my waist and stood up straight. “Well, we’re going to do some signings. I thought you were going to be at the tent.”

I shook my head. “Vito agreed to take my last 2 hours so I can go watch John.”

“Oh,” he said. His eyes looked over to the stage and then back at me. “John Gomez?”

I nodded and said, “Yeah, we talked earlier today and he asked if I could go watch them play their set and I said sure. They kind of helped me out today too.”

Garrett looked down at the ground and gawkily kicked a few rocks around.

“Are you okay?” I asked him, reaching for his hand.

He moved it away before I touched it and then turned away. “Oh, alright. Um… I’ll see you later I guess.” I wrinkled my nose just before I turned away myself, “Yeah, see you later.”

I watched the boy walk away from me, fumbling with his empty water bottle. He only turned back around once to see me and then he kept walking to the tent to join the other guys. I saw Tim pass by me and gave him a smile. “Meet us at the bus by 9 okay?” I nodded and finally shook my head and left the stage.

“Hello Denver!” I safely made my way to the front of the crowd just in time for their first song. I eyed John until he smiled backed. He walked over to me and kneeled down. He told me, “Norah, you came!”

“I did,” I shouted over Brian’s voice. John grinned and said, “Well I really hope you enjoy the show.” He stood up and winked, then walked back to his part of the stage. I felt my face flush a shade of red.

“OH MY GOSH! Are you Norah Kirch?” I turned around to see a group of girls.

I nodded. “Yeah, that’s me.”

“Are you dating Garrett?” One of them asked.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “No, he’s back with Rachael.” They gasped and I shrugged my shoulders before turning back to face the stage. I closed my eyes and raised my hands in the air as Jess started to hit her drums, Stephen strummed his bass, John and Josh kicked it off with the guitars, and Brian’s voice came out of the speakers. At this moment, I felt alive.

You can only feel like this at Warped.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO I DECIDED TO BRING IN JOHN GOMEZ AND THE REST OF THE SUMMER SET ~ I know this story is starting off slowly. I know I need to add more Garrett in it, but please bare with me. I'm getting there. :))) Norah's Outfit