Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Done! Please check out the sequel!

Welcome to the Family

Fight and Flight

“Joey you ready to go?” Brian called from the foot of the stairs.

“Yeah! I’ll be there in a sec.” I said.

I threw my guitar on my back along with my book bag and headed downstairs.

“Ready.” I said smiling at Brian.

He smiled back, “Alrigty then let’s go.” He replied and we headed out the door.

We climbed in his car and drove off in the direction of my school. Upon arriving Brian pulled up to the curb and I gathered my things.

“See you after school.” I said with a smile.

“Actually Jimmy asked if he could come pick you up. So I’ll see you when you get back to the house.” Brian said.

I smiled. Out of all the guys Jimmy was always wanting to hang out with me. Well except Brian but whatever.

“Okay. Later Brian.” I said climbing out.

“Bye kiddo.” he said and drove away.

I turned back to the school and my eyes immediately fell on Ashlynne and her little posse that were grouped around the entrance of the school. She smirked at me and I flipped her off as I walked into the school.

The day passed quickly and soon I was walking out the front door of the school. I had almost made it to the parking lot where I knew Jimmy was waiting for me when I heard someone whisper and then snicker as I passed.

I turned and once again saw Ashlynne. I decided to ignore her and walk away when her voice called out.

“See? She the little whore can’t wait to get back to her man.”

I stopped immediately and spun around, “What did you just call me?” I snapped.

“Oh I guess that you don’t hear well. I called you a whore.” Ashlynne smiled.

“That’s what I thought. Where the fuck do you come off calling me a whore when you’ve blown half of every team in this school and fucked the rest?” I said walking toward her.

“Oh I know that you didn’t NOT just call me a whore you little emo freak.” Ashlynne spat her smile gone.

“I think I did.” I replied.

“At least I’m not fucking older guys. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the guys that drop you off and pick you up.” Ashlynne spat back.

“Oh please. That’s my neighbor you filthy minded bleach blond piece of trash.” I replied.

Suddenly my head snapped to the side as Ashlynne brought her hand forward and slapped me. Something inside of me broke at that moment and I lunged at her. We fell to the sidewalk outside of the school, our hands wrapped in each other’s hair.

Ashlynne continued to smack at me like the little bitch she was. Finally I got tired of it and pulled my fist back and punched her square in the cheek. Her head snapped back and she looked at me shocked before wrapping her hands in my hair again and pulling.

The curses filled the air and mixed with the cheers of the kids who’d gathered around us. I don’t know how long the fight went on for before I felt someone pull me off of Ashlynne.

“Let me go!” I said trying to claw at whoever was keeping me from kicking the ass of the sorry bitch that was lying on the ground.

“Calm down Joey.” Jimmy hissed in my ear.

As soon as his voice hit my ear I went limp and let his tall form drag me to his car. He opened the door and sat me in the seat before shutting the door and going around to the other side. Once in the car he started it and drove out of the parking lot.

“What the fuck was that about?” Jimmy asked as we drove.

“She called me a whore.” I replied.

“That’s no reason to fucking kill the girl!” Jimmy replied looking at me.

He sighed and reached in front of me to the glove box and pulled out a tissue, “Your lip is bleeding.” he said.

“Thanks.” I replied and put the tissue to my lip.

“Now that I’ve scolded you I must say…damn girl you’re a fucking scrapper! Did she actually throw any punches?” Jimmy asked.

“No she just slapped and pulled hair.” I replied and Jimmy grinned at me.

The rest of the ride was silent. We pulled into Brian’s driveway and headed inside. Brian and Zacky were stretched out on the couch watching a MMA fight.

“Honey I’m home.” Jimmy called in a sing song voice.

“Hey how was-JOEY! What happened to you?” Brian asked jumping up from the couch.

“I sort of got into a fight with this bitch who called me a whore.” I replied.

Brian put his hand under my chin and looked at my face, turning it so he could see my face better.

“C’mon we’ll talk about his upstairs while I get you cleaned up.” he said and took my hand leading me up to the bathroom.

“Sit.” he commanded pointing at the closed toilet lid.

I sat down and watched as he began to pull things from the medicine cabinet above the sink. First came band-aids then Neosporin and aspirin. He sighed and crouched down in front of me, Jimmy leaning against the door frame.

“So this girl…why’d she call you a whore?” Brian asked.

“Cause she thinks that I’m fucking you, Johnny and Jimmy.” I replied as Brian rubbed Neosporin into my scraped palms.

“Okay no offence Joey you’re a beautiful young woman but that’s disgusting.” Brain said turning my hand over and putting the ointment on the broken skin of my knuckles that I’d hurt against Ashlynne’s face.

“No offence taken. I called her a piece of bleach blond trash and then she hit me.” I replied.

“And then?” Brian asked.

“I shoved her to the ground and she kept slapping at me. So then I punched her.” I replied.

“You should’ve seen her Bri! This girl can fight. God she reminds me of…” but Jimmy stopped, trailing off after Brian turned to look at him.

“Who do I remind you of?” I asked.

“Oh…uh…just this girl that I knew. It was a long time ago. I don’t even remember her name. I think Zee’s calling me. COMING!” Jimmy called and hurried away.

I laughed, “Typical Jimmy.” I said.

Brian smiled and nodded. He finished wrapping the white bandage over my hand and then put a band-aid on the cut on my forehead.

“All patched up kid.” He said.

“Thanks Bri.” I replied.

The two of us headed downstairs to find that Matt had wandered in sometime while we were upstairs.

“So I heard you went Holyfield on some girl.” Matt said as I walked down the stairs.

I shrugged and collapsed in one of the comfy armchairs that sat in Brian’s living room, “She called me a whore.” I replied.

Matt grinned and nodded before turning back to the fight.

*Two weeks later*

I sighed as sat on the bed in my room. And by my room I meant the one at my Mom and Brad’s house. I no longer called that place my home. I couldn’t. I didn’t feel like I was home when I was there.

The only place that I felt comfortable and safe was when I was at Brian’s. When I was there it was like they wanted me around. They wanted me to be there with them. Here I was hit and yelled at and ignored. I hated being under this roof.

However this was where I had to live. Mom and Brad were all I had and they were both coming home today. As was Charlotte. Apparently Brad’s father was doing better now and they decided to come home. Yippee.

I heard the door open upstairs and I decided that I‘d unpack later. I hurried up the steps and into the living room where they were coming in.

“Hi honey.” Mom said with a smile as she carried her suitcase in the door.

“Hey Mom. How was the trip?” I asked.

“It was good. How were things here?” she asked.

“Oh they were fine.” I replied.

“Good. Now will you help your sister with her bag?” Mom asked as Charlotte came inside.

“Sure.” I replied and took the pink bag she had in her hand and headed upstairs.

“Don’t drag the strap!” she yelled.

I picked up the strap because if Charlotte wasn’t happy neither was Brad. When Brad wasn’t happy I was in pain.

We reached Charlotte’s room and I almost puked at the sight of it. There was pink everywhere. Now don’t get me wrong pink is one of my favorite colors but when a room looks like someone exploded a bottle of Pepto Bismol it was sickening.

“Where do you want this?” I asked.

“Put it on the bed.” she replied and I sat it on the bed before turning and walking out of the room, Hanna Montana music pouring from the room behind me.

I stepped into the kitchen and Brand turned to me, “Get dressed in something nice. My boss is coming over and I’ll be damned if you’re going to look like that.” he said.

I looked down, I didn’t think I looked that bad. I was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, an Escape The Fate shirt, sneakers and a Black Veil Brides sweatshirt. However I knew that Brad hated anything that reminded him that I wasn’t a preppy little bitch so I bit my tongue and headed downstairs to get dressed.

I took a shower and curled my dark hair. Next I headed to my closet and found one of the few dresses Brad approved of and pulled it on along with a pair of flats. I added a pair of heart shaped earrings and a bracelet before coming back upstairs.

I was just in time because as I walked into the living room Brad was at the door. He had a fake smile plastered on his face as an older man and a woman that I guessed was his wife walked in. I was going to go over and greet them when I froze where I stood. Coming in behind the man and woman was none other than Ashlynne Willows.

Her eyes met mine and they grew wide and she screamed and hid behind her mother.

“Ashlynne Renee what has gotten into you?” her startled mother asked looking at her daughter who was clutching her cashmere sweater for dear life.

“T-That’s the girl! The one who beat me up at school!” she screeched.

All eyes turned to me, “Is this true Josephine?” my mother asked but it was Brad with his bursting eyes that I looked at when I answered.

“I didn’t start it! She called me a whore and then she slapped me! What was I supposed to do sit there and take it?” I asked.

“Maybe we should just do this another time Brad.” Brad’s boss said and with that they left.

As soon as the door shut I took off. I could already tell that I was in trouble. Big trouble. Brad was right behind me, his footsteps heavy. I ran to my room and slammed the door, locking it securely. Once I was sure it was locked I hurried down the stairs.

I could hear Brad screaming at me from behind the door which was shaking as he attempted to break it down. For a split second I had no clue what I was going to do. The door wouldn’t hold for very long. Suddenly I saw the window above my bed. If I stood on my bed I would be able to hoist myself out.

Grabbing the bag I thankfully had yet to unpack I stood on my bed and pulled the window open and threw it out. Once it was out I stood on my bed and grasped a hold of the ledge and pulled myself through just as I heard the snapping of wood from the top of the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of two updates for tonight! I had to split them up because if not this was going to be wayyyyy too long. So here this one is and I'll have the other one up shortly! Please Review!!!!

Wanna enter a contest?? Try this one!

Joey and Ashlynne's outfits
Joey's Dinner Outfit