Status: Complete. <3

Stricken

The Boarwalk

Zara veered up onto the board walk and killed the engine. Nicole came running up to her. “Holy shit Is that what your mom got you?”

“Nice isn’t it?” Zara beamed as she got off.

“Uh..yeah You’ve got to let me ride it sometime ”

Zara nodded and the girls linked arms, heading down towards the carnival. They walked around, looking at the venders and enjoying the air. Neither felt really up to being spun around on the carnival rides. Nicole suddenly yanked on Zara’s arm. “Come on ” she cried. “I hear some music Let’s check it out ” Zara groaned and reluctantly followed after her.

The music was blaring from the towering speakers into the frenzied crowd. The singer was yelling into his microphone. People rocking out at their hardest. Zara pressed closer to Nicole who was mystified by the guy slamming on his guitar.

“Isn’t’ this great?” Nicole shouted over the noise.

“Perfect ” Zara hollered back.

Nicole either didn’t catch or ignored the sarcasm in her voice. This was way to intense for Zara. Everyone looked either high or drunk as they danced around the stage. A flash of white caught Zara’s eye and she turned slightly. A tall, young man about her age was walking through the people, undisturbed by the insane crowd. His platinum blonde hair illuminated by the bonfire was what caught her eye. Everything he wore was black down to the gloves and boots. Following him were three other kids that looked dressed for the occasion. One black haired, one blonde, one with curly brown hair.

They were slinking around clearing enjoying themselves, but Zara couldn’t take her eyes off the first one. To her surprise, he looked at her and gave her a confident half smile. She swallowed, completely taken away by his cold blue eyes. She watched the group until they disappeared into a larger mob. The rest of the concert went by in a blur and Zara found herself walking back to her bike with Nicole.

“Can you give me a ride home?” Nicole asked.

“Sure,” Zara answered.

“You sure that thing can hold us both?” Nicole stared at the bike incredulously.

Zara gave her a sour look. “Hey. Don’t hate the bike.”

Nicole grinned down at her friend. Zara bent down to examine the small motorbike to make sure no one had been messing with it, or anything had fallen apart. There was a roar of other motorcycles drawing closer.

The two girls turned to see the party of boys from the concert speed by. Zara caught a glimpse of a brunette with her arms wrapped around the platinum blonde. A pang of jealousy went through her.

“Weirdos,” Nicole muttered after the lights and then the roars died down.

“Look who’s talking.”
“Hey ” Nicole objected.

Zara smiled at her and climbed on the bike. “Get on,” she said. Nicole climbed on behind her and Zara kick started the bike, speeding off into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its a bit short, sorry. Thanks to Castiel for your comment!

Comments or Subscriptions? :)