Tumors And Hearts

Day 34 – Fallon Chase and Chris Sabin

Xx-nikki-xX

Today TNA was in Greensboro, North Carolina to finish up our weekend in the state.

After the show yesterday Shannon and Jeff pulled me aside when I was on my way out to the parking lot with Manda and told me they weren’t mad at me. I asked for them not to be mad at Manda either. They said they weren’t mad, just disappointed.

Shannon and I haven’t really talked since then.

I ended up staying at the hotel with the other wrestlers instead of going back to Whispering Pines with Shannon for the night. We tried talking on the phone before heading to bed, but neither of us had very much to say.

It was about 4:45 and the wrestlers were slowly showing up at the arena for the show that night. Manda was probably off somewhere with Chris right now; Alex and I purposely caught a ride to the arena with the Bucks so the two of them would have some time alone. We wanted to make sure we gave Manda and Chris enough time when we got to the arena, so I asked Alex to help me work on an idea I had for my new finishing move.

Alex and I were in the ring, with Matt and Nick watching from ringside. I had just landed my new corkscrew senton. I high-fived Alex and turned to face the Massie’s as they climbed into the ring. I was so happy that I hugged all three of them – moves like that weren’t always easy for me.

“I’m not gonna lie,” Matt said. “That was pretty awsome.”

I smiled, feeling proud of myself. But my smile faltered when I saw Shannon coming out of the backstage area. I excused myself and climbed out of the ring. I met Shannon in the middle of the room.

“Hey.” he said.

“Hey.” I said back.

Cue silence.

“Watcha doing?” he asked looking over my shoulder at the ring.

I turned around and saw that Alex, Nick, and Matt were watching us. “Working on a finisher.” I said turning back around to face Shannon.

“Oh.” he said. “What is it?”

“Corkscrew senton.”

“I didn’t know you could do that.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I just learned.”

Cue another silence.

“Well, I better get back to the ring.” I said. “It still needs some work…”

I started to turn around but Shannon grabbed my hands to stop me.

“Wait.” he said softly.

“What?”

He sighed and glanced at the ring again. “Can we talk?” he asked. “In private?”

I nodded and let him lead me backstage, yelling over to the other three that I’d be right back.

We stopped in the middle of an empty hallway. Shannon turned to face me and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. I sighed before wrapping my own around his middle.

“I’m sorry.” he said.

I leaned back a bit so I could look up at his face. “For what?” I asked.

“For making things awkward between us for what happened with Matt and Manda.” he said looking sad. “I didn’t mean to do that to you.”

I rested my head against his chest. I closed my eyes and listened to his heart beat. “It’s okay.” I said. “I think both of us were kinda making things awkward.”

“I love you.” he whispered in my ear.

“I love you too.” I whispered back.

I opened my eyes and saw Chris walk past the hall we were in. I wondered if he had talked to Manda yet.

“I’ll be right back.” I said stepping out of Shannon’s arms.

I started to head down the hallway, intending on talking to Chris when I realized Shannon was holding my hand.

It was obvious he wasn’t happy when I turned around to face him again. He probably already knew what I was going to talk to Chris about.

“I’ll come find you later.” I said before tugging my hand out of his and following after Chris.

x-later-x

“What do you mean you didn’t tell her yet!?” I all but yelled at Chris.

It had taken forever to find Chris. I finally caught him when he was about to head into the guys’ locker room.

“Shh!” he said looking around to see if anyone was within hearing distance. “I just… haven’t had time yet...”

“That’s a load of bullshit and you know it Joshua Harter.” I only used his and Alex’s real names when I was seriously pissed about something. “Alex and I gave you all fucking morning! We purposely left you and her alone! AND YOU ALL YOU CAN THINK TO SAY IS THAT YOU DIDN’T HAVE ANY TIME!”

“Shh!” he said, once again looking around. “I’ll do it today… just give me more time.”

I sighed in frustration. “Get on it Harter.” I said glaring at him. “You need to hurry up and do it before someone else does.”

There were footsteps coming our way. I looked to our left and saw Manda heading towards us.

“Now would be a good time.” I whispered to Chris before leaving to get ready for the show.

x-later-x

My match had just ended. Shannon and I headed out of the ring as the ref tried to revive a supposedly unconscious Madison Rayne.

I saw Alex and Chris almost as soon as we made it backstage. I told Shannon I would find him later and hurried over to them.

“Did you do it yet?” I asked.

“No.” Alex said while Chris refused to look at me.

“Harter!” I shouted. “Either grow some balls and talk to her or I’ll make you do it!”

“I will.” Chris said. “I just need some time to-”

I didn’t let him finish. I grabbed him by the arm and started dragging him to the Knockouts’ locker room with Alex following behind us.

“Where are we going?” he asked.

“You’ll see.” I said.

We reached the door and I pounded on it twice. Madison opened the door a few seconds later.

“Is Manda in there?” I asked.

She nodded and called for her to come here.

“What?! No!”

Chris jerked his arm out of my grasp but Alex grabbed him before he could run away. Manda appeared at the door, a look of confusion on her face.

“Chris needs to talk to you about something.” I said pulling Manda out into the hall with us.

I looped my arm through Alex’s and the two of us skipped down the hall laughing, leaving Manda still looking confused and Chris looking like he wanted to kill us.

x-later-x

The show had ended about two hours ago. I was hanging out in the parking lot with Shannon, Jesse, Jeff, and Madison.

“NIKKI!” I heard a voice yell behind me.

I turned around in time to be tackled by a very happy looking Manda.

“I love you so much right now!” she yelled in my ear.

“Okay…”

“CHRIS ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!” she screamed, ignoring the others.

“FINALLY!” I yelled, laughing. “It took that boy forever!”