Tumors And Hearts

Day 5 – A Trip to Detroit

Xx-nikki-xX

“Rage in the cage
And piss upon the stage
There’s only one sure way
To bring the giant down
Defunct the strings
Of cemetery things
With one flat foot
On the devil’s wing”

I listened to Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie as I made my way through the very crowded Detroit airport. I had my iPod blasting in my ears. It was turned up as loud as it would go in an attempt to drown out the rest of the world. This is probably why I didn’t notice three people shouting my name until I was only a few feet away from them.

“You are so freakin oblivious!” Manda exclaimed when I finally pulled out my ear buds.

“Sorry.” I said putting my iPod in my bag. “Habit.”

It took me a few seconds before I figured out there was something different about Manda. I looked her up and down a few times, trying to see what had changed about her since I saw her a few days ago. I finally noticed that her blond hair was gone.

“Holy shit, your hair is red!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah!” Manda exclaimed. “I decided that there are too many blond wrestlers and not enough redheads.”

“That’s the excuse she’s giving everyone.” Chris whisper-shouted in my ear. “But she really just has hair ADD.”

“Ohhhhh.” I whisper-shouted back. “I gotcha.”

Without warning, Alex suddenly picked me up and slung me over his shoulder, ignoring my protests. Chris grabbed my bag that was now lying abandoned on the floor that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years. The four of us headed out of the airport together, laughing and getting weird looks from people the whole way.

“So are you ready for the most amazing weekend ever?” Manda asked.

“Hell yeah!” I exclaimed.

I was still slung over Alex’s shoulder, and I would have been perfectly okay with staying there a while. Unfortunately, we reached Chris’s car and Alex put me down. I tried to hide my disappointment as Manda and I got in the back seats.

If you haven’t figured out by now, I had flown to Detroit to stay with Manda for the weekend. The two of us had become best friends rather quickly. I had also gotten close to Alex and Chris. I found out that their real names are Patrick Martin [Alex] and Joshua Harter [Chris], but I still like to call them by their ring names.

Manda and I both had a love for sushi, but Chris and Alex hated it – I guess they had too much of it when they were wrestling in Japan. We pleaded with the guys to stop at Joy Sushi, one of the many sushi bars in Detroit, but they wouldn’t budge. We finally worked out that Chris would drop Manda and me off at Joy Sushi and then he and Alex would go where they wanted.

Almost as soon as we sat down, Manda’s phone started going off. She told me what to order for her and hurried away. She came back just as the waiter left with our orders.

“Sorry about that.” she said sitting down across from me. “That was Matt.”

“What did your boyfriend want?” I asked.

“He’s going to be home Monday and Wednesday and wanted me to fly down to visit him after TNA.” she said.

“What about Tuesday?”

“That’s when they tape SmackDown, dear.”

“Oh.” I said. “What would you do on that day?”

“Probably hang out with Beth.”

All this stuff is sounding kinda familiar…

“Where does he live?”

“Cameron, North Carolina.”

I could feel my eyes grow real big. “What’s Matt’s last name?” I asked.

“Hardy.”

“YOU’RE DATING MATT HARDY?!” I all but yelled.

Manda shushed me as people turn to look at us.

“Sorry.” I said more quietly. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“You never asked.” she said with a shoulder shrug.

“How did you two meet?” I asked.

“He came to a TNA house show to see Jeff and Shannon.” she said. “I was already pretty good friends with them at the time, so they introduced us.”

Our waiter finally returned with our sushi and we dug in. I questioned her some more about her dating Matt as we ate – I was a huge Matt Hardy fan. Don’t get me wrong, we talked about a lot of other stuff too, but I just couldn’t get over the fact that she was freaking dating Matt Hardy!

“So what’s it like to be in the ring.” I asked as we finished up our meal. “In front of lots of people, I mean.”

Manda popped her last piece of salmon sushi in her mouth and chewed it slowly. “Amazing.” she said after she finally swallowed it. “All those people cheering for you, it’s just amazing.”

I fidgeted in my seat. I tried to eat the last of my eel sushi, but my hands were shaking too much.

“Are you nervous?” she asked watching me.

“Only a lot.” I said setting down my chop sticks.

“Relax Nikki.” she said. “You’ll do fine. As much as you may not want to believe it, you’re a freakin natural in the ring!”

I smiled. “Thanks Manda.”

I ate the last of my sushi and we headed out of the sushi bar, arm-in-arm, to wait for Chris and Alex to pick us up.

Xx-jeff-xX

I watched Shannon out of the corner of my eye. It wasn’t hard to see that his divorce from Julie was really bothering him. He’s been so depressed since she left him.

Matt and I have been trying everything to make him feel better, but nothing seems to be working. What’s bothering us now, is that he fakes being happy whenever we’re with him.

I saw him wipe at his eyes when he thought no one was looking. It tore me up to see one of my best friends like that.

God, please help him…
♠ ♠ ♠
I will also be adding my sister and my other best friend to this story since they both started reading it too. From time to time I might also put in a joke I have with one of them. So if you don't get something that's why. Feel free to ask but you probably won't think it's as funny as we do. lol.
-Aiden