Tumors And Hearts

Day 2 – The First Training Session

Xx-nikki-xX

It was seven in the morning when I woke up the next day. Yawning, I got out of my bed and stretched. I slipped into some clothes more suitable for running, grabbed my iPod and was out the door in less than fifteen minutes.

On my way down my driveway my german shepherd, Sam, started following me.

“Are you coming running with me today, Sammy?” I asked. He barked and I laughed, taking that as a yes. “Alright, come on boy.”

Sammy and I ran down my street while I listened to Bullet For My Valentine’s new album. The Last Fight came on and I turned up the volume as loud as it would go.

“Can you see me through bloodshot eyes [through bloodshot eyes]
Should I fight for what is right or let it die?
Now I’m choking on force fed lies
Do I fight or let it die?

I will fight, one more fight
Don’t break down in front of me.
I will fight, will you fight?
I am not your enemy.
I will try one last time
Are you listening to me?
I will fight, the last fight
I am not your enemy.”

My head suddenly started hurting really bad. I turned off my iPod, thinking the quiet might help. I kept running and waited a while before finally giving up – my headache had only gotten worse. I turned around and ran home with Sam following close behind. I mentally cursed my tumor the whole way.

When we got home, I fed Sam and Sadie and went into my room. I grabbed my phone and I saw I had a voicemail from my Aunt Dixie. I pressed the phone to my ear as I played her message:

“Hey honey, it’s me. I just wanted to let you know that your first wrestling lesson is today! It starts at 10 and it’s at Pete’s, the local gym. I’ll be there to pick you up at 9:30; I want to see how you do your first time! I have to go now, so make sure you’re ready! Bye!

I sighed and threw the phone down on my bed. “Great,” I said to myself. “A chance to embarrass myself and it isn’t even noon.”

I checked the time and saw that it was already 8:50. I grabbed a clean set of clothes and headed into my bathroom for a quick shower before Aunt Dixie showed up.

My head finally stopped hurting after I got out of the shower. I finished getting ready and was eating my breakfast when there was a knock on my front door.

“It’s open!” I called over Sam and Sadie’s loud barking.

I heard the door open and close. A few seconds later, Aunt Dixie appeared in the kitchen doorway.

“Ready to go?” she asked.

“Hold on.” I said through a mouth full of cereal.

I quickly finished my breakfast and we headed out the door.

“Are you excited?” Aunt Dixie said as we drove to Pete’s Gym.

“I think nervous is a better word for how I’m feeling right now.”

“Oh, honey, you’ll do fine!”

“I hope so…” I mumbled looking out the window.

We reached the gym and went inside. We were led to one of the private training rooms where they had an actual wrestling ring set up for us. Standing in the middle of the ring was-

“Motor City Machine Guns.” I whispered in shock. I turned to face my Aunt Dixie. “You got the Motor City Machine Guns to train me?”

She smiled and nodded.

“Thank you.” I said unable to think of anything else to say.

The Motor City Machine Guns were my all time favorite tag team on TNA. They would be all time favorite, but Matt and Jeff Hardy currently occupy that spot.

“Well don’t just stand there Nicolette!” Aunt Dixie exclaimed. “Come here and let me introduce you to your trainers!”

I quickly followed her and climbed into the ring. I thought I was going to have a heart attack; I was actually in the same ring as Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

“Alex, Chris, this is my niece Nikki. Nikki I believe you already know who these fine young men are.”

“It’s really nice to meet you guys!” I said. “You guys are my favorite tag team!”

“It’s always nice to meet a fan.” Alex said smiling.

I felt my cheeks heat up and knew I was blushing. I quickly looked down at my feet, letting my hair fall in curtains around my face and hide me.

“Well, I think it’s time for you guys to get started.” Aunt Dixie said smiling. “I want Nikki ready to go by Monday!”

“Yes ma’am!” Alex and Chris exclaimed. I laughed as they saluted her.

After about an hour of “running the ropes” and “taking bumps”, the door flew open and in stepped-

“Fallon?!” I whispered, once again in shock.

Fallon Chase was a new Knockout in TNA. Almost as soon as she was signed, the creative team decided to make her the manager of the Motor City Machine Guns. Not only that, but she was a fucking awesome wrestler! Three months in TNA and she had already held the title! Twice!

“Sorry I’m late.” she said hurrying into the room. “I over slept.”

“Way to go Babione!” Chris said jumping out of the ring and heading over to her.

“Yeah,” Alex said following him. “Maybe next time we’ll set off the fire alarm – no wait, you’d sleep through that too!”

“Shut it, Shelley! That was one time!” she said coming to a halt in front of my Aunt Dixie and I. “I’m sorry Dixie.”

“That’s fine Manda.” Aunt Dixie said. “Nikki, I want you to meet your third and final trainer. This is Amanda Babione, but you know her as Fallon.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” I said shaking her hand.

“Likewise.” she said. “Let’s get training. Run the ropes!”

“But I just did that for an hour straight!” I exclaimed.

“Good.” she said smiling. “Now get to it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so as you can see, the two people this was written for are Nikki and Manda. The story will mostly be about Nikki, but I added Manda in here becuase she's a really good friend of mine. =]
Questions? Comments? Anything? lol.