Tumors And Hearts

Day 46 – Whispering Pines

Xx-nikki-xX

“Light, like the flutter of wings
Feel your hollow voice rushing
Into me as you’re longing to sing
So I, I will paint you in silver
I will wrap you in cold
I will lift up your voice as I sink…”

Silver And Cold by AFI was blasting on my iPod as I exited the plane at the Moore County Airport in Southern Pines, North Carolina. I shut off my iPod and took out my ear buds as I made my way through the terminal. I smiled when I saw Shannon waiting for me at the gate.

I had decided to fly out to North Carolina to spend the weekend with Shannon. Neither of us were going on the loop of house shows and I wanted to make it up to him for thinking he would ever use me for sex.

A random burst of hyperness over took me and I was suddenly so excited to see Shannon. I started running towards him, dodging people as I went. I dropped my bag as I reached him and jumped on him, almost knocking him over. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him as passionately as possible.

“Wow.” Shannon said when we broke apart. “I missed you too.”

Smiling, I let go of Shannon expect for his hand. I grabbed my bag with my free hand and let Shannon lead the way out of the airport.

“So what are the plans for today?” I asked as we got in his car.

“As of now?” he said. “Nothing.”

x-later-x

The end credits for Edward Scissorhands were rolling on the TV and I turned to look at Shannon. He had his elbow on the armrest of the couch and was resting his head in his hand. He looked away from the TV screen as Beetlejuice started playing and we locked eyes.

“Tired?” I asked smiling.

“No.” he yawned. “Okay, maybe a little.” he said when I raised an eyebrow. “But I feel like I shouldn’t be.”

“Why’s that?”

“We haven’t really done anything today.” he said looking back at the TV. “All we’ve done is lie around and watch movies all day. The most we did was going to Chipotle for dinner.”

“Why do you make it sound like a bad thing?” I asked.

“I don’t want to do nothing when you come down to visit.” he said. “I want it to be special.”

I crawled onto his lap and wrapped my arms around his middle. “I don’t mind.” I said leaning my head against his chest. “I thought today was nice.”

It was silent for a while except for the sounds coming from the TV. My eyes were closed and Shannon was lightly stroking my hair. It was so relaxing I thought I was going to fall asleep.

The silence was suddenly interrupted by Shannon’s stomach making a loud gurgling noise.

“Umm… Nikki?”

I opened my eyes and looked up at Shannon’s bright red face. “Hmm?”

“Umm… can you get off me?” he said not meeting my eyes. “I… um… don’t think Chipotle’s agreeing with my stomach right now…”

I stood up and laughed as Shannon sprinted to the bathroom. Was I the only one that could handle Chipotle?

“Shut up woman!” I heard him yell, making me laugh even more.

Once I was able to stop laughing I turned my attention back to the TV and watched Beetlejuice as Lydia said Beetlejuice’s name three times.

My phone started playing Rise Up by Blessthefall and I saw that Ashley was calling me.

“Hey.” I said answering it.

“I’m boooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrred!” she said.

“What? No hello?”

“No.”

“Damn.” I said in false disappointment.

“So what’s up in North Carolina?” Ashley asked.

“Not much.” I said with a sigh.

“What did you and Shannon do today?”

“We were couch potatoes.” I said spreading out on the leather couch. “We just stayed in and watched movies.”

“That’s it?”

“We went to Chipotle for dinner.” I said rolling over on my stomach. “And now Shannon’s paying for it in the bathroom. Probably big time judging by the fact that he’s been in there for a while now.”

“Why the hell would you tell someone something like that?!” I heard Shannon yell from the bathroom, making me and Ashley bust up laughing. “Who the hell are you talking to?!”

“No one!” I yelled back through my laughter. “Just take care of your smelly business!”

“You just wait till I get out of here!” he yelled.

Ashley and I probably spent a good ten minutes laughing at that. Just when we thought we were done laughing we started up again.

“Shannon’s gonna kill you.” Ashley said once we both calmed down.

“Probably.” I said face down in one of the couch cushions. “But it was so worth it!”

I heard the toilet flush and the sink water running. It stopped and a few seconds later the door to the bathroom flew open. Shannon’s heavy footsteps came down the hall and stopped right next to me. He grabbed my phone and took it out of my hand.

“She’ll call you back.” he said as I rolled over to look up at him.

He ended the call and tossed it down on the couch before jumping on me. I screamed as he started tickling me.

“I give!” I yelled wriggling around underneath him. “I give! I give! I give!”

He stopped tickling me and looked down at me smiling.

“Jerk.” I said trying not to smile back.

“You love me.”

“Nu-uh!”

“Oh really?” he said leaning down so that our faces were less than an inch apart.

“Yes, really.” I said unable to keep from smiling.

He closed the gap between us and kissed me. I brought my arms up around his neck as he situated himself so that he was lying on top of me. I noticed he propped himself up on his elbows – probably so he wouldn’t squish me. I was thankful since I had already dropped another pound.

The kiss was very short. Oz chose that moment to come and jump on the couch with us.

“Aw, hey Oz.” I said scratching him behind the ears. “Do you want a kiss too?”

I leaned up and kissed him on his wet nose. He wagged his tail before jumping off the couch and plopping down on the floor next to us.

Beetlejuice had just ended and Sleepy Hollow was going to be on next. I checked the time and saw that it was getting kind of late. Shannon and I decided just to settle down and watch the movie instead of picking up where we left off. We situated ourselves so that Shannon was lying down on the couch and I was lying on top of him, using his chest as a pillow.

Sleepy Hollow started playing and pretty soon Shannon fell asleep. I yawned, feeling tired myself. The steady rise and fall of his chest was slowly putting me to sleep.