Tumors And Hearts

Day 49 – Knockout Tag Team Rematch

Xx-nikki-xX

Tonight on the taping of Impact there was going to be a rematch with Fallon Chase and Daffney against Sarita and myself. This match was also going to determine the number one contenders for the Knockout Tag Team titles. Sarita and I had told Christy Hemme when she interviewed us that this time we were determined to win.

Sarah and I had just finished our interview with Christy. There was a commercial break as we made our way to the entrance place for our match that was up next.

“NIKKI!”

We stopped walking and turned around to see Shannon, who was coming our way.

“I’ll catch up with you in a minute.” I said to Sarah.

She nodded before continuing on her way.

“Hey.” I said when he finally reached me.

“Hey.” he said taking my hands in his. “So I was wondering if-”

“You’re not coming out to the ring with us.” I said already knowing what he was going to ask.

“Why not?” he asked. “After what happened last week I want to be out there.”

“I’ll be fine Shannon.”

“But what if you’re not?” he asked, trying to hide the worried tone in his voice. “What if something like that happens again?”

I brought my hand up to lightly touch his cheek. “Relax.” I said softly. “What happened last week was an accident.”

“But-”

“Shannon.” I said looking him straight in the eyes. “I promise you, I’ll be fine.”

And with that I turned around and walked away, ignoring his “you can’t promise that” comment.

When I got to the entrance place Daffney and Fallon were already on their way out to the ring as Hell Yeah by Rev Theory played throughout the Impact Zone. I watched Daffney do her usual ring entrance, somewhat off with the music, at the same time Fallon did hers.

“Ready to go?” Sarah asked as their music died down.

I nodded as Sarita’s music started playing and we headed out to the ring. I skipped down the ramp, a few steps in front of Sarita, and slid into the ring when she stopped to do her dance. Once Sarita was in the ring her music died down. I told her I would start and turned to face Fallon, who was starting for her team. The bell sounded and the match began.

About four minutes later Sarita and Daffney were in the ring. Sarita was lying spread-eagled out on the floor. Daffney grabbed her by the hair and roughly pulled her to her feet. She dragged her to her corner of the ring and tagged in an eagerly waiting Fallon.

She climbed in the ring and hit Sarita in the back with both fists as Daffney let go and climbed out of the ring. Sarita fell to the floor of the ring again and Fallon pinned her. She barely managed to kick out at two. She got to her feet as quickly as possible, only to be clotheslined by Fallon. Looking dazed, she fell to the floor yet again.

“COME ON SARITA!” I yelled.

She slowly got to her feet and started to make her way to our corner of the ring. Fallon grabbed her by the arm to stop her. Sarita turned around to face her and kicked her in her mid-section. Fallon let go, clutching her stomach, and Sarita quickly ran over and tagged me in.

I ran at Fallon and pulled a series of clotheslines on her. She countered my last one with a move similar to the Side Effect – well she did date Matt Hardy.

We both jumped to our feet. But before either of us could do anything we were attacked. I was grabbed by the hair and thrown backwards onto the floor of the ring. I looked up at Daffney as she started stomping on me repeatedly. On the other side of the ring Sarita had just pulled a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker on Fallon.

The stomping stopped. I looked around and saw Sarita coming at me while Daffney headed towards Fallon.

“What the hell’s going on?!” I heard Taz say from the commentary table.

Daffney jumped on top of Fallon and started banging her head into the floor of the ring repeatedly. Sartia picked me up and pulled a powerbomb on me. My head exploded in pain as I hit the floor.

Xx-manda-xX

Daffney’s music started playing and she and Sarita left the ring, arm in arm. I let my head roll to the side so that I was facing Nicolette, who was lying on the other side of the ring. She looked like she was in a lot of pain and I could tell her tumor was acting up again.

I slowly dragged myself over to her. “Are you okay?” I asked, not bothering to hide my concern.

“My head.” she groaned.

She curled up in a ball on her side and I could tell she was trying really hard not to cry. It was worse than I thought.

“Can you stand?” I asked.

“No.” she said. “I don’t want to move. I just want to lay here.”

“Nikki we gotta get you to see a medic.” I said. “Now.”

She groaned again.

I sighed before slowly getting to my feet, and helping her up. I slung one of her arms around my shoulder and had to practically carry her out of the ring. Once we were on the ground I picked her up bridal-style and carried her up the ramp. I mentally cursed her tumor for choosing now to act up.

Shannon and Jesse attacked me as soon as we made it backstage.

“What happened?” Shannon asked.

“I don’t know.” I lied. “I think she hurt her head again when Sarah powerbomb-ed her.”

“Shit.” Jesse muttered under his breath.

I turned to face Jesse and locked eyes with him. Although he was trying to hide it, we both knew Shannon was majorly freaking out. His eyes were glued to Nikki. “She needs to see a medic.” he said softly.

“I’ll take her.” I said, adjusting my hold on her light body.

“I’ll go with you.” Shannon said.

“Nooooooooo.” Nikki suddenly groaned.

“Nikki,” Shannon said moving her hair out of her face. “Baby, what’s wrong?”

“You can’t come with us.” she said, turning away from him and burying her face in my chest.

“Why not?” he looked a little hurt.

“You and Jesse have a match.” she said, her voice slightly muffled.

“Oh yeah…” he said as Generation Me showed up.

I knew she was crying because my shirt was suddenly getting wet. “I’ll be fine Shannon, I just hit my head.” she said, still not looking at him. She probably didn’t want him to see her cry.

He sighed in defeat. “Okay.” he said.

“What happened to Nikki?” I heard Matt Massie ask as I carried her away.

x-later-x

“All I can really tell you is to take it easy.” the medic told Nikki.

She nodded and took the ice pack he offered her. I watched her lean back in the chair she was sitting in and place the bag over her forehead. I waited for the medic to leave before speaking.

“Nikki?”

She groaned and I took that as a “what?”

“This is the second week in a row something like this has happened.” I said.

“I know.”

“Shannon’s really worried about you. I mean really, really worried about you.”

“I know.”

I sighed. “You have to tell him.”

She sat up and let the ice pack fall into her lap. “I know.” she said again. “I’m just afraid to tell him.”