Tumors And Hearts

Day 71 – Apologies

Xx-nikki-xX

I woke up to the sound of my phone playing All I Want by A Day To Remember. I rolled over and grabbed my phone off the bedside table. It couldn’t be seven already.

Yes it could, and it was.

I groaned, not wanting to get up. I hit the snooze button and rolled back over to get five more minutes of sleep.

The other reason I didn’t want to get up was because that would mean I had to face Shannon. He was still trying to talk to me. I ended up hiding in the Knockouts’ locker room during the whole taping for Impact yesterday hiding from him and Alex, who was also trying to talk to me now. I only came out for my match against Sarita and then hurried back inside before either of them could find me.

My phone’s alarm started going off again. I sighed before finally throwing off the covers and getting out of bed. I changed into some clothes more suitable for running. I pulled on my favorite red and black striped hoodie and pulled the hood up in an attempt to hide. I grabbed my iPod and left my empty room.

I put my ear phones in as I headed down the hall. Sweet Blasphemy by Black Veil Brides started blasting in my ears as I switched it on. I turned up the volume as loud as it would go in an attempt to block out the world around me.

I reached the elevator and hit the down button. A few seconds later the doors slid open and I stepped inside. I hit the button labeled for the lobby and leaned against the wall, staring down at my feet. I thought I heard someone call my name through the music blasting in my ears but decided to ignore it as the doors slid closed.

There were a few people in the gym when I got there. AJ and Christopher Daniels were over at the weights. They stopped talking when I came in the room. They both gave me looks of sympathy as I made my way over to the treadmills. Of course, everyone knew what happened last week.

I ignored them and pick out one of the treadmills. I pressed the start button as Sound of Madness by Shinedown started playing on my iPod. I set the speed of the treadmill with the beat of the song and off I went.

After pushing myself to run a measly three miles I had to stop. My tumor was making me weaker and weaker as the days went on. I tried to be happy I could at least reach three miles but I knew I would have to stop running all together soon and it saddened me.

Suffocating Under These Words Of Sorrow by Bullet For My Valentine was blasting in my ears as I made my way out of the gym. I glanced in the lobby when I walked by it and saw Shannon and Madison Rayne. I kept walking and pulled my hood down even farther to make sure my face was hidden. I was well aware of both of them watching after me.

My head was down and I was looking at the ground in front of me as I walked. My music was still up very loud, which was probably why I didn’t know someone was chasing after me until their feet appeared in my path.

I already knew who it was before I even looked up into his beautiful green eyes. A part of me was glad he was standing in front of me.

“Hey.” I said pulling out my ear phones.

“Hey.”

We both started talking at the same time but stopped.

“You go ahead.” Shannon said.

I shook my head. “You first.”

“Look, I think Alex deserved what he got.” he said. “But you’re right; I could’ve handled that better. Just because he was being an ass doesn’t mean I had to be one too… Will you forgive me?”

“Of course I will.”

He smiled and pulled me in for a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his middle and buried my head in his chest.

“Hey Nikki…”

“Hmm?” my voice was slightly muffled by Shannon’s chest.

“Do I have to apologize to Alex too?”

I pulled away from him before speaking. “I’m not going to make you do anything.” I said. “But it would be the right thing to do.”

He sighed. “I figured you’d say something like that.”

x-later-x

“I’m sorry Nikki.” Alex said. “I was just so jealous. It really bothers me to know I could be in Shannon’s place right now if I had just spoken up sooner.”

“I know.” I said. “I just think you could have handled things better. Shannon too.”

“Do you forgive me?” he gave me a hopeful look.

I sighed. “I forgive you.”

He smiled and pulled me in for a tight hug. “I don’t know what I would’ve done if you said no.”

“Me either.” I whispered.

He let go of me and we continued walking down the hall we were currently in. The two of us were walking around backstage at the Impact Zone while some matches for Xplosion were being taped. Tattooed Attitude started playing and I knew Shannon had won his triple threat match against Amazing Red and Max Buck. Alex had been smiling to himself, but it suddenly turned into a frown.

“I have to apologize to Shannon too.” it wasn’t a question but I nodded anyway.

“It would be the right thing to do.”

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he walked. “I know.” he said. “I just hope he forgives me.”

A few minutes later we ran into Shannon.

“Hey.” he smiled at me.

“Hey.” I smiled back.

He turned to Alex. “I think we need to talk…”

“I agree.”

I smiled as the two of them headed off in the direction of the guys’ locker room together. I didn’t have time to dwell on it though, because Rosita started tugging me in the direction of the entrance for our match that was up next.