Tumors And Hearts

Day 13 – Love Songs

Xx-nikki-xX

“The road is dry; I’m fucking delirious right now
Life goes on, glorious evening of nodding and jump starts
I need to make a personal dance party. The brain works very weird at this hour
Not the best time for lyrics I suppose
Keep writing, keep dreaming
Keep writing, keep dreaming
Keep writing, keep dreaming...”

I sang along to Alaska by Between the Buried and Me. I was in my apartment, lying on my bed with my laptop out, listening to music. I was waiting for Ashley to get home and then the two of us were going to go out and see Despicable Me.

Don’t judge. Okay, yeah, it is a little kid’s movie. But it looks fucking awesome! I mean, come on! Squid launchers and giant fluffy stuffed unicorns and those cute little minions! How can you not want to see it?

My phone went off and my stomach did some major back flips when I saw it was a text from Shannon.

ready to manage ink inc tmrw?

My stomach did more back flips. This time they weren’t just because of Shannon.

ugh. dont remind me I texted back.

“...’Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long...”

I sang along to Far Away by Nickelback. I got bored with that song and changed it to Chapter Four by Avenged Sevenfold.

im sure ull do fine :) I read Shannon’s text and smiled.

thanx

no prob pretty lady ;)

“...What's this?
What's this?
I haven't got a clue
What's this?
Why it's completely new
What's this?
Must be a Christmas thing
What's this?
It's really very strange...”

As the song from Nightmare Before Christmas played I pictured the scene in my mind. I loved this movie and this was one of my favorite songs.

Sally walked to the top of the hill in the pumpkin patch and sat down. She started picking the petals off the dead flower she was holding. She stopped and turned around as Jack started coming up the snow-covered hill, singing.

Jack and Sally were suddenly replaced with Shannon and me. Shannon was dressed in Jack’s black and white suit with the awesome bat-bowtie and I was wearing Sally’s ragdoll dress.

“...My dearest friend, if you don’t mind
I’d like to join you by your side
Where we can gaze into the stars

And sit together, now and forever
For it is plain as anyone can see
We’re simply meant to be...”

I shook my head, ridding myself of the image as Shannon and I kissed and Zero flew into the night sky, turning into a shining star in the darkness. I quickly changed the song to Waltz Moore by From First To Last, thankful that I was alone in my room and that people couldn’t read minds.

My phone went off again, letting me know Shannon sent another text.

so... wat have u been up too?

not a whole lot. and hows about urself?

pretty much the same...

fun stuff, huh? lol

“...It’s playing on repeat, just like when we would meet
Like when we would meet

Cause I was born to tell you I love you
and I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight...”

I sang along to Your Call by Secondhand Serenade as I scrolled through my ginormous music library. Was it me, or did my iTunes keep playing love songs?

We Are Not Anonymous by Unearth... nothing about love in it as far as I could remember...

I hit the play button and picked up my phone as it went off again.

jeff says hi lol

hi jeff lol

shane says hi... even though hes never met u...

hi shane lol

beth says hi

hi beth lol

ur loved! ...by some ppl u dont even kno! lol

lol i noticed

“...Love lifts us up where we belong, where eagles fly, on a mountain high.
Love makes us act like we are fools, throw our lives away for one happy day...”

I suddenly pictured the scene from Moulin Rouge when Christian and Satine are singing on top of the giant elephant.

“We could be heroes, just for one day.
You, you will be mean.
No I won’t!
And I, I’ll drink all the time.

We should be lovers.
We can’t do that.
We should be lovers, and that’s a fact.
Though nothing, will keep us together.”

Once again, my subconscious replaced Christian and Satine with Shannon and myself. We acted out the whole scene, exactly like they did, singing to each other.

“We could steal time just for one day.
We could be heroes, forever and ever.
We could be heroes, forever and ever...”

I shook myself out of my fantasy and quickly hit the ‘next’ button.

Warmness on the Soul by Avenged Sevenfold started playing. I hit the button again. It’s for You by Throw The Fight came on. I hit the button again. Forever and Always by Bullet For My Valentine. I Caught Fire [In Your Eyes] by The Used. Your Song from Moulin Rouge. I’ll Be by Edwin McCain. Moment by Aiden. Come What May from Moulin Rouge.

I growled and finally put it on Psychosocial by Slipknot. No love in that song. At All.

The door suddenly flew open and Ashley came in.

“What’s up with all the love songs?” she asked plopping down on my bed.

“I never realized just how many fucking love songs I have on here!” I said scrolling through my iTunes.

My phone went off again, probably bringing me another text from Shannon.

“Talking to your boyfriend again?” Ashley said smiling.

I grabbed one of my pillows and swung it at her. She quickly rolled off my bed in time.

“Aw!” she said jumping to her feet. “Nikki loves Shannon!”

She moved to pinch my cheek and I swung at her again. She jumped out of the way and ran for the door. I quickly threw my pillow at her, but she shut it just in time.

I heard Ashley laughing on the other side of the door. “Get ready to go!” she yelled through her laughter. “The movie starts in half an hour!”

I rolled my eyes before getting up. I made sure my iTunes wasn’t going to play any more love songs and started getting ready.

x-later-x

I called a quick ‘night’ to Ashley and headed into my room, exhausted. I checked the time and sighed.

3:25 am

And I had to get up early the next day to catch a flight out to Orlando. Lovely. >_<

its late shannon. we should prolly get at least a few hours of sleep before tmrw. I hit the send button and started getting ready for bed.

Right before the movie started I told Shannon I would talk to him later. Probably not even ten minutes in, he texted me again. We ended up texting through the whole movie and then when Ashley and I went out for food afterwards.

i dont mind

but i do. we’ll see each other tmrw anyway.

but wat if i cant wait that long?

ull live

fine :( good night pretty lady

lol good night shannon

I set my phone down and turned out the lights. I was almost asleep when my phone went off again.

hey i just thought of something...

wassat?

i call u pretty lady... wat do u call me?

I rolled my eyes before texting him back.

good night shannon I hit the send button and looked at the clock again.

4:36

I had to get up in two hours.

“Sorry Shannon, but I needs me some sleep.” I said turning off my phone.