Status: Complete <3

Somehow Saving You

Dancing Dead

Once the movie was over Johnny, Matt, and Zacky kissed my forehead before bidding me goodbye. They all walked out of my house just leaving me and Brian on the couch. Jimmy had sat on the other side of Brian, but it was still silent. Jimmy didn’t even know what to say.

“Do you want dinner?” Brian suddenly asked. I looked at him to see him twiddling his fingers.

“Yeah. We might need to eat out though. I really don’t have food in the kitchen.” It was true. I ran out of food to eat yesterday, but I was never hungry enough to go get anymore. Brian sighed, taking me into a sideways hug.

“I know it’s only been two months, but you gotta take care of yourself baby girl. We are all mourning still, but starving yourself is not helping. Jimmy wouldn’t be happy,” Brian said all older brotherly. I sighed, looking into my lap.

“He’s right, I’m not happy. You use to eat like the human garbage disposal! As your older brother I demand you to start that again!” Jimmy exclaimed. A smile made it’s way onto my face.

“Fine. We’ll go shopping for food afterwards,” I told Brian and Jimmy. They both smiled and Brian kissed my forehead.

“That’s better. Now let’s go get some grub! I’m fucking starving!” Brian complained. I laughed as he pulled me to my feet. I grabbed my keys and slid my phone into my back pocket. Brian led me outside and went to start up his BMW Homage while I locked the front door. I quickly climbed into the passenger seat before Brian sped off down the street. “So where do you want to go?”

“Surprise me,” I replied with a shrug of my shoulders. I turned up the radio so it wasn’t just a faint mumble. “Low” by Flo Rida played louder and I laughed. I peeked in the rear view mirror to see Jimmy jamming out, screaming the lyrics. My giggling wouldn’t stop. Brian looked over at me with a twinkle in his eyes.

“What’s so funny?” Brian asked, laughing at my face.

“I remember when Jimmy would dance and sing to this is all,” I replied with a smile. I could see Jimmy wink and start to thrust his pelvis upwards as he’d done so many times when he was wasted. Sometimes even when he was sober. The song suddenly cut off and I looked forward to see us parked in front of McDonald’s. “So high class!”

“Only the best for my best lady friend,” Brian replied as he unbuckled his seatbelt. I followed his actions and shoved my door open. Brian held the door front door open for me. I thanked him before walking into the restaurant. At least it was the wannabe fancy kind of McDonald’s. He was right, only the best. As we walked to the line I could see a few girls freeze and stare us before starting to whisper. I noticed one of them sported an Avenged Sevenfold hoodie which let me know they were fans.

“Your entourage is here.” Brian looked when I was looking before wincing.

“Hopefully they can leave me alone for today,” Brian muttered. I smiled, patting his back. Once we ordered we waited on the side to get our food. I peeked at the girls again to see one standing up. A boy that I hadn’t noticed grabbed her arm, shaking his head. He whispered something and by his lips I knew exactly what he was saying. ‘Don’t bother him. With Jimmy and all they don’t want people hounding for autographs.’

“I think we’ll be fine,” I told Brian who was also looking at the group. He nodded just as the cashier called our number. Brian took the tray before leading us to a booth across the room from the door and cash registers. I plopped down across from Brian who handed me my box, drink, and fries. I flipped open the lid to see my chicken nuggets. Grinning I plopped the fries into the upper half.

“You and your chicken nuggets,” Brian laughed while popping a fry in his mouth.

“Now you make it sound so horrible Bri,” I said.

“Still the ten year old who would follow us around like a lost puppy. All because you had a crush on Zacky,” he chuckled.

“Hey! No bringing that up,” I pouted, pointing a fry at him. He held his hands up in defense as if the fry would suddenly turn into a sword.

“I’m just saying.” I rolled my eyes, taking a bite off the fry. After a while we were finishing up when Brian excused himself. I saw him walk through the men’s restroom door before he disappeared out of sight.

“I remember that too. Everyday it was ‘Hey Jimmy? Is Zacky coming over?’ It was so funny.” I turned to see Jimmy in Brian’s spot. I glared and flipped him off. He smiled before trying to steal one of my fries. When his fingers faded through his eyes narrowed in confusion. He tried again and sighed.

“How is it not being able to do anything?” I questioned quietly. I didn’t want to make a move for my fries or drink with Jimmy looking so beat.

“”I’m not going to lie. It sucks,” Jimmy sighed. “I can’t eat or drink, but I’m truly neither anymore. It’s like my body doesn’t know what that is. I try to talk to everyone or at least let them know I’m here, but my hand just flies through them.”

“I’m sorry Jimmy.” He just nodded his head, looking quite bummed out. I knew he had visited Leana many times, but she just couldn’t tell he was there. When I was at their house before Jimmy tried. She thought it was just the air conditioning making her cold. Jimmy broke down and I had to excuse myself before I broke down too.

“Mom’s calling.” I raised an eyebrow and was about to question him when my pocket started vibrating. I jumped and glared at Jimmy who was smiling. Apparently when you are a ghost you have ESP. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see it was, in fact, Mom.

“Hey Mom.”

”Hey honey. I was just calling to check up on you. I haven’t heard from you in a while.”

I decided to not tell her it’s only been two days. My mom has been doing this ever since I made the call about Jimmy. It was devastating. I had gone to Jimmy and Leana’s to pick Leana up for our spa day. Leana opened the door crying Jimmy was dead. It took all I had to see him laying in bed. I called all the guys and our parents and told them the news, somehow keeping calm until the last call, Brian. Ever since then my mom usually calls everyday to make sure her only daughter is still okay. And by okay I do mean alive.

“I’m fine Mom. I’m out eating with Brian.” And like clockwork he was exiting the restroom and heading to the table. Jimmy scooted over and Brian sat down right next to him. I almost began to cry as I saw Jimmy try to hug the man that was his best friend. His hands fell straight to the seat and his face grimed. He knew it wouldn’t work, but he was just hoping it would.

”Okay dear. I’ll let you go then. Bye.”

“Bye.” With that I shut my phone and put it back in my pocket. Brian looked at me curiously. “Mom and her routine check up.”

“Ah. Well let’s go shopping.” I stood with him and tossed out our trash. He held the door open for me again before we walked into the California heat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'll let you know this now. Chapters will probably be shortish. But hey, look at it this way. That means the story will last longer. Woohoo!
Comment & subscribe please <3
Xoxo. Tina.