Status: Complete

Because The Sex Is So Much Better When You're Mad At Me

You Can Pick Friends Not Family

Sunny rolled down her truck window and sighed as she cut the engine. Resting her elbow in the open window she rested her head in her hand. She was now parked outside of her parents house dreading going in to catch up with their 'weekly chat' over dinner.

"Well are you just going to sit there or are you going to go in?"

She jerked her head up and glanced over her shoulder, "Jesus dad, you just about gave me a heart attack."

He frowned, "don't use the lords name in vain," he paused and nodded his head at her white tank top, "now put some more clothes on and go on in to see your mother, she's been waiting for you."

"Waiting for me? I just got done school not too long ago," she trailed off. She might as well have saved her breath. Her father simply walked away from the truck towards his garage and never paid the slightest attention.

Shaking her head she reached across the console of the truck for her sweater which was sitting in the passenger seat. Jumping out of her truck she slipped it on to cover up her bare shoulders and arms, not to mention tattoos.

Wanting to get the whole ordeal over with she zipped it up halfway and tied her hair back into a half pony tail and headed towards the entrance of her old childhood home. It always amazed her that after all of these years her parents hadn't done a damn thing to change it in any way. There was still a swing set in the front yard along with an old sandbox that her mother always swore she'd turn into a flower bed.

"Afternoon sweetie," Sunny's mom stood in the doorway.

"Hi mom," Sunny abandoned her childhood thoughts and headed up the stairs into the house. She watched as her mother's smile turned into a frown when she closed the door. Suddenly she reached out and pulled Sunny's sweater further over her shoulders and zipped it up nearly all the way.

"You don't need to be showing all that," her mother turned and headed for the kitchen, "I'd hope that I'd raised you to be more of a lady than that," she paused when Sunny entered the kitchen behind her, "not to mention you're taken...where is Deegan by the way?"

Sunny felt like telling her mother just how much more skin Deegan liked to see, but she decided to save her boyfriends 'wonder boy' persona by holding her tongue, and instead of answering her mothers question she headed to the tall closet near the fridge where she knew the cereal would be.

"What are you doing?" her mother seemed horrified.

Sunny replaced the box of captain crunch back into the cupboard and ate a few pieces out of her palm, "snacking."

"Well get out of them, dinner will be ready soon. And honestly Sunny you keep eating stuff like that and you're going to gain more weight."

Her eyes widened as she stared at her mother. She didn't think there was anything wrong with her on hundred twenty pound body.

"Well you must've bought them mother, so I should imagine the same would go for you, I mean since you're older and you aren't as active as me."

That shut her up and she quickly changed the subject, "I hope you like roast."

She swallowed and simply stared at her mother, "actually I can't stay for supper."

Kathy Wilson closed the oven door and turned to her daughter, "where on earth are you going?"

"Out for supper."

"With Deegan?"

Sunny knew that the right answer to the question was not only obvious, but it would save her a whole lot of grief.

"Yeah," she popped a few more pieces of cereal into her mouth.

Kathy sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, "how are you going to do that if Deegan is with his parents?"

How the hell her mother knew that was beyond her. Sometimes she swore the woman had secret connections with the CIA to keep tabs on everyone.

"Then why did you ask if I was going with Deegan?"

She tossed the pot holders she had in her hand onto the counter, "I always suspected you were being unfaithful. You were never greatful for all the things the lord has given you."

Sunny rolled her eyes. If the lord was so giving, he would have given her different parents.

"Unfaithful? Where the hell did you get that idea?"

Kathy took a deep breath and held it which meant that Sunny was probably in for an ass chewing, "stop your swearing, "she waved her finger at her, "and it all started with those boys from that catholic school."

Sunny knew exactly which boys she was talking about. And she wouldn't trade Matt or Jimmy for the world. They were two people she was grateful to have in her life.

"Shouldn't have sent me to catholic school then mum. Should've sent me to public school like everyone else."

Her mothers facial expressions continued to change, from upset to downright pissed. But she didn't care. She knew that the woman hated her sarcastic composure and often questioned where it came from.

"So who are you going to supper with then?" she repeated the question more sternly, "Ashleigh?"

Sunny leaned her hip against the counter, she'd had about all the could take for this week, "Jimmy Sullivan."

"Jimmy Sullivan?"

Her mother seemed puzzled which was a little surprising. Sunny figured she'd recognize the name of one of the boys that nearly got her kicked out of catholic school. Though she should have known better. Kathy Wilson never cared about her daughter's friends, all she was worried about was that Sunny Wilson got good grades in a highly respectable catholic school, and that she always attended church.

However that all went down hill when Sunny entered high school. She'd shamed her family by getting a number of tattoos, piercings, unfit boyfriends, and eventually moving out of the house to live with her aunt, uncle, and cousin Ashleigh.

"What are you doing home?"

Sunny glanced at the doorway to the living room to see Colt, her seventeen year old brother standing there. She'd lost being in his good books the day she moved out and left him at home. In retaliation he'd become more of a badass than herself.

"Came to say hi."

"Stayin for supper?" he took a seat at the table.

She shook her head, no I have a date."

"With Jimmy Sullivan," Kathy turned to her son, "do you know a Jimmy Sullivan."

"Mom just leave it alone," Sunny brushed the fine dust off of her hands into the sink before rinsing them.

Colt was staring at her when she turned around, "Nathan said you knew the avenged sevenfold guys."

"And how would he know that?"

"He said something about you being at the beach the other day. He was surfing with Deegan."

There was no denying that, "well in that case yes I do."

"Who is this Jimmy character?" her mother squealed in frustration.

"He's the drummer in the band avenged sevenfold," Colt headed to the fridge and Sunny smacked him upside the head on the way by.

Kathy's rage was about to boil and spill over. Her attention was no longer focused on Colt but on Sunny, "Jimmy Sullivan," she repeated sternly, she now knew her daughter was talking about.

She sighed, "yeah mom we've been over this. Thanks for paying attention."

"The boy who's covered in tattoos, the boy who's hair is in his eyes, and has the metal thing in his face, the boy that nearly got you kicked out of school...than boy?"

Damn, for not knowing moment ago who she was talking about her mother sure recovered quick.

"Yeah that boy."

This time her mother shot her a look to kill. In fact, Sunny was sure that if murder wasn't illegal, she'd be dead.

"Oh Jesus mom don't give me that look, he's harmless."

This time her mother stomped her foot and pointed her finger at her, "don't use the lords name in vain in this house again!, "she sighed, "seriously Sunny I don't know what's wrong with you. I mean I raised you well, it wasn't like you were deprived of anything."

"Except love."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Sunny locked eyes with her mother, "I was simply an accessory to you and dad. Made your marriage look legit when it was really falling apart. The only people who cared about me were those friends I had at school. Friends that you forbade me to see because it wasn't in god's plan, or what ever the fuck you were thinking at the time."

She thought her mother was speechless but boy was she wrong, suddenly the palm of her mothers hand connected with her cheek, "I never thought the day would come that I would be ashamed of you Sunny."

Sunny stood there for a moment, her head turned away from her mother, her eyes closed, simply taking in the realization that her mother just hit her.

"You've always been ashamed of me, you just never had the gull to say it."

Colt was holding his breath in the background as he simply watched what was taking place. God she felt so sorry for leaving the kid there. But she was glad that he was growing up and becoming his own person.

"Get out of this house!" Her mother stated firmly.

"Gladly," Sunny unzipped her sweater a little and headed for the door, "you may be ashamed of me, but you won't believe the number of people that would be proud of me right now."

She slammed the door in her mothers face and jogged out to her truck. Her father was coming out of the garage wiping his hands on a rag.

"Sunny where are you going?"

"Home!" she hopped in and slammed her truck door before her father could ask any more questions. What she didn't expect was to see Colt climb in the truck and settle into the passenger seat.

"You have balls I'll give you that."

Sunny couldn't help but laugh before leaning forward and resting her head on the steering wheel.

"I can't believe she hit you."

"I deserved it," Sunny mumbled.

"No you didn't" Colt looked out the window, "she's a bitch and you know it."

"I'm sorry for leaving you Colt," she opened her eyes and looked over at him, "I just thought that maybe if I was out of the house, she'd be less angry all the time."

He shrugged, he was being the typical guy. All macho, no feelings. But she knew deep down he was forgiving her.

"So can I take you somewhere?" she asked after a few moments of silence, sitting up and putting on her seatbelt.

"Yeah, Nathan's."

"Show me where," Sunny smiled before glancing over her shoulder to back out of the driveway.

****************************************************************************

"Rev what are you doing?" Zacky leaned against the opened drivers side door of his black car.

Jimmy sunk his hands into his front pockets, "I just talked to Sunny, she's gonna pick me up here."

Here, was in front of an old friends house. They'd decided to just practice there rather than traveling all that way to the studio.

"Ooooh," Syn grinned out of the passenger side window, "I don't blame ya Rev she's a fuckin hottie. Seriously dude, if it wasn't for that Deegan or whatever, I'd do her."

Jimmy shook his head, "no you wouldn't, " he wouldn't allow it.

"Alright man," Zacky glanced at his watch, it was close to six, "well if she doesn't show up soon give me a shout and we'll swing by and pick you up."

Jimmy nodded and watched Zacky drive away, Syn hanging out the window screaming at him.

Running his hand over his face he realized just how much he was sweating. Suddenly worried about his appearance he used the mirror on his friends vehicle to fix his hair and running make-up.

A few moments later he heard then recognized Sunny's truck round the corner. She stopped in the street and he hurried out to meet her.

"I thought maybe you'd abandoned me," He climbed into the passenger seat of her truck.<p>
Even at 6'2 he was amazed that he had to hoist himself up into the truck. He often wondered how the girls did it so effortlessly.

"I'm sorry," she tried to smile.

He looked her over carefully. Something was definitely wrong. What ever it was that she possessed that usually made him happy, was now making him very depressed.

"What's up?"

She slowed for the stop sign, "just came from my parents."

"Oh," he looked out the side window. That explained alot. Her parents were pieces of work.

"Yeah," she filled him in on the story, and by the time she was done, they were parked at a restaurant near the beach but neither of them wanted to eat.

"She fuckin hit you?"

Sunny leaned back into her seat and looked out the side window instead of at Jimmy, "yeah."

"Jesus."

He glanced up at the flashing red lights from the restaurant, "what if....," he unzipped his pocket and Sunny's attention was now on him. He pulled out her little booklet of IOU's and she laughed. He loved her laugh.

"What if, " he continued as he leafed through the booklet, "I change my little IOU card," he tore out a new one and waved it in front of her, "since I can only cash in one a day."

She smiled and took it from him, reading it aloud, "ice cream and a walk down the beach."

He smiled, "the ice cream shop is just down the street."

Nodding she lifted her hips and reached into her back pocket pulling out the previous IOU dinner card and returning it to him, "hold onto that one."

He nodded his head in agreement and placed it back into the booklet as she drove them to the ice cream shop.

After getting what they wanted they headed down to the beach together, it was starting to get dark and cooling off a little. Sunny took her sandals off and carried them in her other hand as she walked along the waters edge beside Jimmy. Her feet leaving imprints in the sand only to be washed away moments later by the cool water.

"So where is Chelsey tonight?"

"She went with the rest of the girls out to some club."

"Oh yeah, they all went clubbing and left me with you," she licked her strawberry ice cream before it dripped over the edge.

He laughed softly, "you don't wanna spend your time with me?"

She smiled and licked along the edge of her ice cream, "of course I do Jimmy."

He stopped walking so she stopped. Suddenly he leaned down and kissed her before pulling away just as quick and starting to walk again.

She laughed and jogged to catch up, "what's up with that?"

"What?"

"If you're gonna do that, then do it properly."

Laughing he tossed his head aside, getting the hair out of his eyes before tossing his ice cream in the water, the tide taking it out before scooping Sunny up in his arms.

"Throw that out."

"My ice cream?" she glanced at it before looking at him, he was nodding.

"If you don't toss it it's gonna be all over you."

Grinning she tossed it before tightening her arms around his neck. He leaned in and found her lips with his own, and before they knew it they were down in the sand engaged in a deep passionate kiss.

"Rev?" a voice called from down the beach, "Sunny?"

"Shit," Jimmy mumbled as he rolled off Sunny and laid beside her.

Sunny sighed and stared up at the dark stary sky, "we were laying here, looking up at the stars while I told you about my parents," she made up the story for them both.

Jimmy glanced over at her, she looked upset and he didn't blame her. He wanted like hell to tell the world how he felt, but he couldn't, "alright."

"Rev! What are you doin?"

Sunny propped herself up on her elbows, she knew that voice, and stared up the person nearing them, "oh shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading