Status: Complete

Because The Sex Is So Much Better When You're Mad At Me

Dr. Vengeance

Again she'd been reduced to crying. She was laying on her side, one arm tucked under her pillow, staring out the window thinking. In fact, she hadn't slept much since her little visit from Ashleigh who now laid beside her sound asleep. They'd talked for a good hour in the middle of the night, and though Ash had tried to make her feel better, it hadn't helped. She still felt just as horrible.

Sunny caught the door creeping open out of her peripheral vision. She turned her head and tried to smile when she saw Zacky's face peeking in.

"Morning," he smiled, then he spotted Ashleigh, "there she is," he laughed softly, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

Sunny smiled as Zacky sat down on the floor beside the bed and in front of her small night stand.

"You look like shit."

She tried to laugh, "gee thanks stud."

He grinned and brushed his hair back out of his eyes, "so ahhh...," he looked down at the floor then back up at Sunny, "I'm not real great with this whole friends talking out emotional problems thing so I'm just gonna come out with it."

Sunny sighed, of course this was coming.

"What's up with you and the Rev?"

Sunny took a deep breath and told him everything she'd told Ashleigh. When she was finished, unlike Ashleigh, Zacky didn't look surprised.

"I knew it," he tried to laugh.

"You knew it?" she repeated.

He nodded, "yeah," he was now fiddling with his fingerless gloves, "I mean every time someone talked about you, or someone mentioned coming back here, or phoning....he always just....lit up I guess. He was always more perky and involved in the conversation then. Even now, every time you walk by, or he walked by your room he just....fuck I don't know," he laughed, "the dude loves you."

Sunny smiled softly, that was until she remembered what Deegan said, "no he doesn't."

Zacky glanced up at her, "yeah he does, and there is no sense in talking yourself out of it because it isn't gonna change the way he feels."

Sunny actually grinned, "you know Baker, you should have become a marriage councelor not a rock star."

He laughed and slowly pulled himself up off the floor, "well hopefully I helped."

"You did," she reassured him.

He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, "that's good, now get outta that bed so I can get in."

Laughing Sunny got up and let Zacky crawl into her bed beside his girlfriend. She grabbed some clothes and headed for the door, "hey Zacky?"

He lifted his head off her pillow, "yeah?"

She hated doing this but she had to, "please don't tell anyone."

He smiled softly, "I won't."

*****************************************************************************

After showering and getting dressed she headed down stairs to the kitchen where it turned eerily quiet. This time Becca was her saving grace.

"How about, since I just moved back in," she grinned over at Johnny, "no one goes to school today, no one goes to band practice...we all either just hang out here, or we pack up and go do something together."

Her distraction seemed to work. Sunny sat down beside Syn.

"Pack up?" Syn looked up over his bowl of cereal, "where are we going to go?"

"I don't know," Becca shrugged, "somewhere fun, something different."

"We could go to Disneyland," Matt grinned.

"Disneyland?" Kaela giggled, "Matt how old are you?"

"What if we do something simple?" Casey stood up and took her empty cereal bowl to the sink.

Johnny ran his hand through his hair, "like?"

Casey turned around and leaned against the sink, "like camping."

"Camping?" Syn looked intrigued, "like rent a trailer, and head out into the woods?"

Casey laughed, "no, like buy some tents, and some other camping gear and head out into the woods."

"City kids roughing it in the wilderness?" Becca smiled, "sounds like fun."

"What sounds like fun?" the Rev bounded down the stairs and stopped short when everyone grew quiet again and simply stared.

"Camping," Sunny whispered, "we're going camping."

********************************************************************************

An hour later all the girls were packed, and now wandering up and down the isle with all the camping gear in the nearest store.

"What do you think?" Kaela was looking over the tents, "a bunch of small ones, or just a really big one?"

Casey was picking out different colored foam mats, "probably a bunch of small ones," She had no intentions of sharing a tent with a couple who may consider getting it on.

Five tents and ten sleeping bags later they were now on their way to the grocery store. Once they filled a cooler with food, and another with booze they were on their way back to the house.

"Hey you guys ready?" Ashleigh yelled up the stairs, but no one answered.

"They ready?" Kaela came into the front door.

Ashleigh shrugged, "I don't think they're here."

"Hey Ashleigh," Casey slipped into the house, "your car is gone."

Undecided as to what to do the girls waited outside for a few moments and sure enough Ashleigh's car appeared. All the guys piled out along with Deegan and Chelsey.

"What are they doing?" Ashleigh mumbled beside Sunny.

Sunny was at a loss for words so she shrugged.

"Hey babe," Deegan walked quickly towards her. Ashleigh stepped away and Deegan slipped his arms around Sunny.

"I'm sorry about last night," he mumbled into her hair, "I didn't mean to say what I did."

Sunny tried to nod and slipped her arms around his waist catching a glimpse of the Rev and Chelsey over his shoulder. And she had a horrifying thought. They now needed another tent.

"Are you coming with us?" she finally pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

He nodded and smiled before leaning down to kiss her softly.

Sunny tried to smile, "alright let's load up the truck."

She'd stop on the way out and get another tent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading