‹ Prequel: It's Almost Easy

Such a Surreal Place

We're In This Relationship For Life

*2 days later*

“Hey, Brian, what’s up?” I questioned sweetly. I had entered the tour bus to find him pacing up and down the middle of the bus.

“Uh, nothing...” he said as he continued to pace, not looking at me.

“Do you need to talk about something?” I asked, not letting him ignore me.

“Yeah... Yeah, that would be good,” he replied but he kept on pacing.

“Come sit down,” I offered as I walked towards him. He instantly obeyed, sitting on the seat closest to him. I joined him, sitting on his right and leaning into him. He sat there bouncing his right leg up and down, seeming awfully nervous about something. “Right. Talk.”

“It’s gonna sound weird, though...” he said and then paused. He took my left hand into his right hand and just stared at them. “Are you still wearing that necklace I got you?” I reached under my t-shirt and pulled it out to show him.

“Of course; you know I love it! Don’t get off the topic,” I ordered and he nodded.

“Fine... You know that I’m crazily in love with you, that I love you with all of my heart and would die for you...” he begun and I nodded, showing that I was indeed listening to him. We both stared at our entwined hands. “And I really feel like I’m never gonna find someone better than you. We’ve been through so much together, and I don’t wanna lose you.”

“I don’t wanna lose you either,” I admitted as I gave his hand a quick squeeze.

“But... That night when I almost lost you over such a stupid little incident... I can’t stop thinking about it, and it’s really made me realise that I honestly want to be with you for the rest of my life,” Syn said, fading away into his own world. Whoa... Was he, sort of, proposing to me? I kept on watching our hands, even though they weren’t actually that interesting. I just didn’t want to look him in his eyes at the moment. I was too shocked with his words. His grip on my hand became tighter. “I wanna be with you forever, okay? I don’t want to EVER come that close to losing you again. And I guess... I just want you to know how much I love you.”

“And you want to have something that proves that we are in this relationship for life? ‘Cause we are that serious about each other?” I questioned and he looked me in my eyes.

“How’d you know what I was going to say?” he asked, puzzled.

“You and Zacky think alike,” I replied. That was all I needed. He was going to propose to me! As if he had just read my thoughts, he took a deep breath in and then slowly slid off his seat and plonked himself on the floor. He kneeled on one knee and I found I was breathless. I knew it was coming, but I still got surprised and absolutely ecstatic about it. He kept on holding my left hand as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out a tiny velvet violet box and opened it, holding it up to me, causing tears to form in my eyes. I swear I couldn’t breathe. There was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen inside. It was silver with a gorgeous, small diamond sitting on top.

“I- I know it’s n- not much... I wanna save up f- for the real thing... But...” he stuttered. He took in a really deep breath and looked up at me. “Ashleigh, will you marry me?”

Holy crap! I was absolutely speechless! The one and only, Synyster Gates, was proposing to me! Brian Haner Jr., the man who I was completely in love with, head over heels, was kneeling down on one knee and offering me a VERY pretty ring. Now I knew why he was so God damn nervous! I’d never seen him so anxious before! All these thoughts ran through my head in less than a second. I just sat there, staring into his beautiful brown eyes for about a second after I’d finished thinking all that. He was serious. Damn serious.

“Yes...” I whispered. I barely managed to; I had become too excited! He breathed a sigh of relief and hung his head.

“Thank God... I thought you might say no,” he said, laughing a tad. He was back to normal; his nerves had finally left him. He took the ring out of the little box and put it on my ring finger. He continued to hold my left hand as he picked himself off the floor and sat next to me. He snuggled his head into the side of my neck. “I love you so much, Ash.”

“I know. But you have no idea how much I love you right now...” I said honestly as I stared down at the amazing ring that was on my finger. I titled his head off my shoulder and kissed him.

“Don’t worry – I won’t sweep you off your feet and take you to a church to get married right now,” he said as we stared into each other’s eyes. “I wanna wait and plan out a perfect one...” I smiled at him as I took my hands away from his face.

“You’re too sweet, Brian,” I commented.

“Why do you keep on calling me Brian lately?” he asked, his brow frowning a bit.

“Um, ‘cause it’s your name?”

“Yeah... But you sound waaaaaaay sexier when you call me Syn...” he growled and I cracked up laughing. He leaned forward and kissed me. “Can I go tell the guys I succeeded?”

“Of course,” I said, giving him another kiss. He said another ‘love you’ before leaving with a majorly goofy grin on his face. As soon as he had exited the bus, I looked back down at my left hand. Wow. I was engaged to Brian! Happiness flooded me and I realised had an equally goofy grin on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww it gets me every time I read it :)

Let me know what you think :)