Status: Slowest to post, fastest to write? Oh my.

Whatever Walks in My Heart Will Walk Alone

Fire At Will, Life Is Over

"No, really, I'm okay, Layla, I'm fine. Like you said, he wasn't good for me," Kat said into the phone, sitting on her bed and twisting her hair aimlessly. She clutched her bathrobe tighter to her, shivering slightly. "I think I might stay here for awhile, actually. I don't want go back and say "Hi, mom, hi, dad. We broke up, so I came back because I'm lost without him." Do you know how bad that'd sound?"
"Good point, doll. How'd you get home after your walk of shame, anyway? You had to be pretty damn lost," Layla said in her trilling soprano.
"Oh, so, I punched the brick wall, fractured my hand while doing it, and screamed "Fuck me!" because it hurt. Some guy comes out of his place to see what's going on, and askes me if I'm lost. Eventually, I 'fessed up, so he walked me to something close to my place. I won't lie, it scared me to hell," Kath replied.
"Yikes! A creepy kind of guy who's going to stalk you?" Layla asked, concerned.
"I don't think so. He seemed pretty straightforward. He was skinny as sin, I swear. Pale, too. Attractive, but skin and bones," Kat answered.
"He seem like a junkie?"
"I don't think so. He wasn't paranoid or anything. Didn't look over his shoulder repeatedly, didn't pressure me for money or anything. Not exactly clean cut, but not all bad news. Finnish, he said. Ville," Katherine said.
"Uh oh. Not thinking of running off and having his Finnish babies are you, Kattie?" Layla teased. (A/N: Kattie is not Kay-tee, it's pronunced Cat-tee. She hate's Kathy and Katie. Kath is like Kathy without the ee sound at the end. Kat and Katherine should be obvious. Just wanted to clear that up.)
"Oh, drat, you caught me," Kath snickered.
"Alright, love, I gotta run. The kids are going to be home soon. Call me tomorrow or something, okay?" Layla said, sighing slightly.
"Sure. Love you, dear. Adios, chicadee," Kat smiled. Her friend was so gentle, such a perfect mother.
"Love you more. Ciao," Layla replied, then disconnected the phone.
Katherine just flopped back on her bed and starred at the ceiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Layla won't even be a cockroach character, I'm afraid.
I really want to develop Katherine more than I've developed my other female leads, just because I used to use her as an RP character, but she was more of a backup, if I felt my main wasn't right for the prompt or situation. I feel like I should do her more justice as a character by not only using her as the lead in a fic, but also to give her a past. In RP, she was already defined, but I want to plunge into her, and find out what happend in her past that made her the way she is. I treat my character's as if they're real people, mere actors playing a part in the scheme of my writing. I also want to give Katherine a future, which was planned even before I started writing the story, but still. This is merely a developing chapter. There will be several, but they'll each have a bit of importance to the story. This one didn't, but the next few will. I'm not spending as much time on my male lead, Ville, for a few reasons. I want him to be mostly like himself, I don't want to change much, but also because this is really Katherine's story. I could never lie to you lovely readers, Ville is much more a support than a lead, but he's important. A bit like Robin is to Batman, if you're into comics like I am.