Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 11 -Complications-

It was the start of the game and we went with the lineup we always choose; Ally, Sarah, Tammy, Daniel, Emily and me. Ally and Emily are our middles since they are extremely tall, but they have shorter girls playing back row for them. I'm not very tall, but I still get to hit on the right side, but I start out as a setter. I have always hated being setter.

"Let's play good and focus up here..." Sarah started her inspirational speech. All the starters stood in the middle of the court with our left foot in. We would be in serve receive to start the game, and it is just harder to rotate into my position when I am in serve receive. As much as I hated setting, I loved being in the front row to hit.

Volleyball games for us are best three out of five, so by the third game we were ahead two to nothing. This meant he would put in our second string so now Jacky was playing front row for me. When I finally could I sat on the bench next to Sarah who was replaced by Gigi for just this game. Gigi was so cute, she was a shy little sophomore on our team.

"I can't wait to meet your bf," she whispered looking towards Aaron. I felt so bad that he was going to have to endure my friends. She only whispered because our coach hated when we didn't talk about volleyball.

"Just try not to scare him away," I whispered. This was going pretty well. I real quick scanned the whole crowd, I can't help my wandering eye. I stopped and my jaw dropped when I saw Cody in the far corner.

"What," Sarah tapped me, my face must have looked terrified.

"My boyfriend and Cody hate each other," I said gesturing towards Cody who shouldn't be there.

"Oh I'm sure it's nothing," she said waving it off. I soon enough got back in to play back row and soon enough we finished the game. We high fived them good game and then went to the back to talk. Our coach was proud of our effort and made it short. After he left the room Sarah held her usual talk without coach. "See when we talk more we have good results, we didn't stoop down to their level of play," she said and the door swung open.

Cody walked through the door and Tammy yelled at him, "get out of here this is a private meeting.

"Oh sorry," he said, "but the JV players left and they told me to hurry you guys up so you could take the nets down."

"Fine," Sarah shook her head, "lets go."Everyone piled out of the room following Sarah who pushed Cody out of the way when sh e walked by. I was right behind her, but then I remembered I had brought my sports bag back there when I warmed up. I ran back in to grab it. I shoved the overflow in and zipped it up, I didn't want Aaron to get ambushed by the girls. I threw my warm up over my jersey and then grabbed my sports bag and dashed out.

Cody popped out of nowhere and I jumped back. "Cody you scared me," I said putting my hand over my heart to see how fast it was beating.

"Why is he here," he said right away.

"Who," I said innocently. I knew exactly who he was talking about, but I really didn't see why he cared.

"Cara," he rose an eyebrow and gave me a stern look, "you know who I'm talking about."

"Aaron is my boyfriend," I said kind of mad, "you know he's my boyfriend and that is why he's here."

I stormed past him and he grabbed me by the wrist. "Cara, you need to break up with him," he said fumed with more anger than I had at this moment.

"Why do you even care," I said, "and you don't tell me what I do or don't do."

"I don't want you near him," he said.

"I don't care, besides I have to drive him home," I looked out to see all the girls surrounding him and I felt bad.

"Well, at least cover yourself up," he said grabbing my bag. He rummaged through it and then threw my sweats at me.

"If it gets me out of here quicker," I said and I slipped my sweat pants on and walked past him this time for good. I ran over to where the big crowd was. "Whoa, whoa, whoa back away from the boyfriend," I said and they all stopped and I walked through and stood by his side. Most of the girls walked away, but not Sarah.

"Listen buddy," she got right up in his face, "this is my sister, if you hurt her then I break you." She stepped back then gave a sweet smile.

"Okay, I think we should go," I said to Aaron and he nodded in approval.

"Why is Cody giving me the evil eye," Aaron asked. I looked over to where Cody was and it was a scary glare.

"I don't know he's weird," we walked to my car and jumped in. I wanted to get home and get him in his car as fast as I could.

"You know what I think he likes you," he said smiling.

"Him like me," I said with a hysterical face, "impossible I mean he's Cody Mitchel and I'm well me." It just didn't add up that way. I came up to my driveway and pushed him toward his car. "Now hurry up and leave," I said looking toward my house.

"Okay fine believe what you want," he got into his care and started it, "oh and check your glove compartment." He rode off leaving me with a puzzled look on my face. I walked to my car and opened the glove compartment and found twenty dollars just sitting in there. Really he couldn't take the twenty.