Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 8 -Things Get Weird-

I was in my Basic Law class, it's basically us pretending to be lawyers, we have debates and fake court hearings. It was really fun since we barely ever did work. Cody, was our football star, this class was good for him since he had a real knack for arguing, but he wasn't good at being wrong. I've known him since the sixth grade and the two of us loved to argue. Even when we were on the same team for a debate all we did was argue.

We were working in groups coming up with good debate topic and of course I was working with Chelsea and Emma. We don't let Emma talk too much in this class, she gets nervous and ruins the argument. "Why is Cody staring at us," Chelsea said looking at him and biting the end of her pencil.

I turned in my seat to look at him and he was staring, I gave him a weird look and then turned back. "Just ignore him," I turned back to them. Cody had crazy blue eyes that at some angles looked so light that they were gray and at other angles looked so dark that they were black.

"His staring freaks me out, do I look OK," Emma said nervously. She thinks he's hot and so does Chelsea, but she says that he's below even her standards.

"I don't know what you see in that jerk," I said raising my eyebrow at Emma.

She sighed, "he's just so cute." She put her hand on her cheek and admired.

"I'll give you that," I shrugged. He was cute you can't ignore his amazingly flawless skin and scruffy brown hair, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been a jerk since the sixth grade.

Emma snapped her attention back at me, "someone please make him stop staring.

I rolled my eyes and turned around again to face him, "hey super star take a picture it'll last longer." He shook out of whatever trans he was in, glared and then looked away.

"You are so brave, I would never have the guts to say something to him," Emma frowned and wrote something down in her notebook.

I laughed to myself a bit, "he's never seemed tough since I saw him knocked out cold in middle school." Chelsea laughed remembering the moment like I was. "Oh and his dorky glasses." We laughed more thinking of all the pictures we have, if we ever needed blackmail.

We basically spent the rest of the period laughing and jotting down the ideas we always put down, they never get picked because we don't put effort into it. "Are you buying lunch," Emma asked Chelsea, who nodded.

"So you guys are leaving me," I said pretending to be sad and they just shook their heads. It just means I have to walk all the way to my locker by myself. The lunch line was the other way and you had to race there if you wanted time to actually eat lunch.

As soon as the bell rang they dashed out the door leaving a few books. I grabbed them knowing they wanted me to put them in their lockers. I walked out with four books in my hands and two in my back pack, this is ridiculous. "Some friends making you carry all that stuff," I rolled my eyes knowing it was Cody arriving by my side.

"Go away Cody," I said.

"Come on Cara, we're friends, alumni buddies," he said and I just tried to walk by him.

"What do you want," I asked as he caught u with me again.

"I saw that you got a boyfriend," he said.

"Cody what gives," I said giving up on him leaving "you have never taken an interest in my life before."

"You've never dated a jerk before," he said angrily.

"Should you really be calling someone a jerk," I rose my eyebrow at him. He just gave me a stern look. "Why do you care anyways."

"You're a nice girl and he's only going to hurt you," while he said that all I was thinking was we hate each other. Why the heck was he being so nice to me I mean we really do hate each other. I threw Emma's books in her locker and then headed toward Chelsea's locker.

"Trust me, I won't get hurt," I said as I threw Chelsea's books in her locker.

"Cara I know a lot of girls who he's crushed," he said.

"Funny because that happens with a lot of girls you date," I said smiling because he knows that I am right. I opened my locker and put my books in. I knew he was still standing there, but I was hoping he would just go away if I ignored him.

"Cara," he turned me around to face him, "promise me you'll be careful, he's bad news." He looked like he actually cared.

"Hey if it gets you to leave I promise," I said laughing to myself and then I walked away towards the lunch area. That was bizarre, we were never friends and he has a girlfriend, I actually think he might have two girlfriends. Jerk!