Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

One

*Carla*
It's to early to wake up. It's still dark so what's the point of trying to walk in a cluttered room, not only that, but a cluttered house. My mother is snoring in the room across the hall and it's rather loud and annoying. Sometimes I feel like I need to choke her just to get her to shut her trap. She is the counties D.A. (district attorney) and her job consists of a LOT of talking and arguing. She takes it rather seriously and even starts a so-called "case" in her sleep. Then it turns into more snoring such as this. My eyes open slowly into nothingness; I can see absolutely nothing. My hands search for the flashlight I have in the drawer next to my bed. Yes, I have it. But just barely. I carefully lift and remove it from the drawer and... ugh, it slips from the little grasp I had on it. Great, no help for me to get out of bed. If I break my leg again... OH I am personally going to make her pay.
Suddenly my phone goes off. I jump slightly before I extra carefully grab it, quite eagerly. Brad, the guy of my dreams. Has he text me early this morning to say "Good morning beautiful!"? To my surprise, no, he didn't. A long text message that ends with:

"I'm so sorry but I have to break up with you."

I nearly drop the phone, but with the remembrance of the nasty, cluttered floor, consciousness is regained in my arms and hands. I am enraged and upset all at the same time. I can feel my face heat up, my eyes water and tears spill over the edge. I sit up on my pillow top and turn to the wall that encloses the right side of me. I draw back my left fist and punch the wall, making not only a loud crash, but a large hole in the wall. I jump from my bed, not worried about what I might land on, and stomp out of my small room.
As soon as I do however, I fall to ground and start to cry to the point where I might puke. How come he chooses now to break up with me? Does he not know what today is close to? Our anniversary of one year in 5 days, not even a week away! And not in person, no! Through a FREAKIN' text message!!! He can't even be a man! It doesn't matter anyway, I don't need him. Oh who am I kidding. I loved him with all my heart. What made him do such a thing anyway? Who knows, not me, that's for sure.
I don't have the strength to get up I have been here so long and crying so hard. I need to get up and get ready to go. But I just can't; I can't even try. What's the point? He's going to be there... HE'S GOING TO BE THERE! I can ask him what the hell is wrong with him! But that idea quickly fades because I know I can't do that. I can't go up to him and stomp his abnormally large foot that was always never an issue. Forget it, just forget it.
With the little balance and strength I have left inside of me, I lift up my body, hanging onto the wall on my left side. Wobbly steps take me down my short hallway. For some reason my mind is playing tricks on me; it's making me think and see that my wider hallway seem quite narrow and very long. I'm dizzy, why I honestly have no clue. I should be fine by now. Should I sit down? My mind is to fogged to think. I'm.... I.... What....