Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Twelve

*Brad*
I shoved her off of me and onto the floor. Maybe a little too hard, but she wouldn't stop this. I understood she wanted me, but I just couldn't.
Carla looked up at me, her eyes filled with hurt and mostly, tears.
"Brad! What in the world!" She yelled at me.
"Carla, I told you we aren't doing it. No sex," I said, shaking my head at her.
"Brad, are you kidding me? I'm going to lose my virginity one way or another," Carla complained.
"Well, I'm not taking it anytime soon," I muttered, looking away from her.
"But...." She stuttered.
"No but's, my love," I said softly, sweetly.
"Mom.... she should be home soon," Carla muttered to me, looking dead in my eyes.
"I should really go," I said, looking back.
"Umm, sure. I guess," She said, sitting down on the bed.
I couldn't get anything else to come out of my mouth. I was stunned at what I was feeling. No, I wouldn't give in to her. She was the girl, she was supposed to want to wait. Why should I?
She wasn't even my girlfriend anymore, I thought as I turned and walked out the door. I couldn't say anything to her. I walked out her front door, to my car, and I left. I didn't have any desire to stay.
It took that look on Carla's face to tell me to stop. I was hurting her by hanging around. I was teasing her like holding a big t-bone in front of a starving tiger and yanking it up at the last second. Why was I such a monster?
I felt warm tears on my cheek. I was fighting this the whole time I looked into her eyes, and now I could let it out. No one could see me, could hear my sobs. I pulled the car into my driveway and let the tears subside.
I walked inside and found a note from my parents. Great.

It said :

Aunt Betty invited us out to dinner and a movie. After we are going to her house for awhile. Heat up some leftovers or whatever you want. Love you.

I felt like screaming. I'd be home alone for who knows how long. And then, I laughed. I guess I could find something to do with my time.
I picked up the phone and called all my friends. Surely Carla would hear about it too, but I didn't care if she did or not. I orded a bunch of pizzas and I cleaned up a bit. Finally, my friends started getting there and thats when the real fun started.
I decided to dance with Kara, the cheer captain. And boy, is she hot!
She was grinding on me and I knew every eye was on us. Suddenly, I heard Carla's voice at the front door. I froze. Kara looked at me.
"What's your problem?" She asked me, hanging on to me.
"I'll be back," I muttered, leaving her standing there, looking embarassed.
"Carla, you look great," I heard a boy say.
"Thanks, Keith," She laughed, sounding happy. I froze right there.
She sounded happy. What gave me the right to ruin that? I turned around and found Kara again.
"Took you long enough, Brad," She said, pulling me close to her.
"Kara, please," I said, trying to get away from her.
"Brad, what are you doing? Stop it. It's her, isn't it? It's Carla," She muttered, releasing me.
"Kara, I'm not going to hurt her. I don't want to," I said.
"That whore? Why not? She doesn't deserve you. Her and her skanky friends, Scarlet and that other one," Kara laughed.
"They're my friends too," I said, glaring at her.
"Maybe you need new friends," Kara said.
I couldn't stand it. I walked off and headed upstairs.
"Carla, come on," Keith said from inside a room.
My heart stopped all together. I was about to bust into the room and yell. Then, I remembered that she wasn't mine. I just sank to my knees and sat there.
"Keith, I still love him," Carla said.
"Why? He won't give you anything but trouble. He's just into sluts," Keith said.
"He loves me. So what am I?" Carla said, sounding mad.
"Besides you!" Keith said. "Come on, Carla!"
"Keith, stop," Carla said.
"Carla, please. You are such a tease," Keith said.
I heard her yelp. "Stop. Stop," She kept saying.
I slung open the door. Keith laughed. Carla was hitting him and he wouldn't let her go.
"Get the hell out of my house, Keith," I said, glaring at him.
"Come on, man. You won't give her none," Keith said, laughing at me, at her.
"Let her go," I said, stepping forward.
"Whatever," Keith said, standing up and brushing past me.
"Brad!" Carla yelped, running and hugging me.
"Go home," I said, not touching her.
"What? Why?" She asked, sounding upset.
"You can't handle yourself. You were about to get raped, in my house," I muttered, sitting down on the bed.
"He wasn't going to, Brad. He was just kidding," Carla said, shaking.
"You believe that?" I asked, looking at her.
"Well, Brad...." Carla said, starting to cry.
"Go home. Please," I said, wanting to cry myself.
"Fine," She said, storming out of the room, tears streaming down her face.
That was the only way to get rid of her. I had to break her heart and make it seem like I didn't want her just to keep me from hurting her in the long run.
"Brad! Brad!!!" I heard someone yelling from my stairs.
I got up and stumbled out of the room. It was Steph.
"We need to talk. Now," she said, grabbing me and pushing me into my room.
She closed the door and shoved me down onto my bed.