‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

dix;

“What movie do you want to watch?” Jack asked me, his hands shuffling through the shelf of movies next to the large, flat screen TV in his living room.

“Depends,” I said from my place on the couch. “What movie do you want to watch?”

“You’re the guest, Alex.” He smiled at me and I shifted into a standing position and waltzed over to the shelf and stood next to him.

I moved in closer to the shelf, pushing him out of the way slightly so I’d have better access to the variety of movies before me. I bent over and ran my finger over the titles, and I could feel
Jack’s eyes on me.

I smirked to myself and pulled out a movie from the shelf and stood back up straight.

My Girl.

“Let’s watch this one.” I said, handing him the DVD. He was clearly staring and I laughed.

“Jack? Anyone in there?” I asked, slightly tapping my finger on his head.

He jumped and I saw him blush.

“You were totally staring at me, Jack.” I smirked and he looked down, nervously, at the DVD in his hand.

“Uh…” I saw him swallow, still blushing, and I laughed.

“You were, admit it.” I said.

“I was not!” He said, trying to sound convincing, but he didn’t convince me.

“Sure you weren’t.” I chuckled and turned slowly on my heels and made my way back to the couch, swaying my hips as I walked.

“Are you sure you want to watch this movie, Lex?” He asked, raising an eyebrow in my direction.

“Of course.” I said and patted the spot next to me on couch. “Just put the movie in and c’mere.”

“Fine…” He grumbled and popped the movie into the DVD player.

He made his way over to the couch and I made grabby hands for him. I pulled him down next to me and immediately cuddled into his side. He laughed lightly as the movie started.

-

“Why did you pick this again?” He asked about halfway through the movie.

“What’s wrong with it?” I raised an eyebrow and he sighed.

“Nothing, I guess.” He shrugged.

“Well, you better deal with it.” I sighed. “Me and Daniel used to watch this movie all the time when I was younger.”

He looked at me, then, with sadness in his eyes and he placed his hand limply on my knee.

“M’sorry, Lex. I didn’t-“

“No, it’s fine. I knew you wouldn’t want to watch it. I just saw it in your library and I wanted to watch it. I haven’t seen it since…”

“I’m sorry, Lex. Really…” He mumbled, making circles on my knee with his fingers.

“Shh, this is my favourite part.” I muttered, focusing my attention back on the TV.

I saw him smile softly out of the corner of my eye and I leant my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my back and we watched the rest of the movie silently.

-

“No!” He whispered. “It can’t end like that, Alex!”

I laughed at him softly as he sat back into the couch as the credits rolled on the TV.

“It’s such a cute movie.” I said to myself and ushered him to get up and turn the TV off.

“But it’s so sad!” He replied and I smiled.

“I love that movie.” I sighed. “I pretty much had all of the lines memorized when I was younger. But then Dan grew up…and so did I, and-“

“It’s okay, babe. You don’t have to talk about it, because I know how it makes you feel. And I don’t want you to get upset.” He finally moved off of the couch and ejected the movie from the player and flipped the TV off.

“Thanks.”

“What should we do now?” He asked and the door was flung open behind him.

Mrs. and Mr. Barakat entered and Jack smiled.

“Dad!” He said and went over to hug him.

I smiled at their reunion.

“Nice to see you again, Alex.” His father said to me with a smile. “I’m glad your flight arrived safely.”

“Yours too, Mr. Barakat.” I smiled back and the Barakats moved on into the upper region of the house so Mr. Barakat could unpack, I would have guessed.

Jack remained downstairs, with me, and we decided to watch another movie whilst his parents spent their time together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promised an update if I got a decent number of comments, So here it is. I wasn't completely satisfied, But i figured I should post it anyways. I love you all too much. <3

Erm, I got a new bear today. And I don't know what to name it, So help? :bear:

I also will probably be finishing up my update for I'll Die Alone tonight, So if you haven't read it yet, There's the link. And you can either expect another update tomorrow or Sunday night. I'm not sure yet.

Comments are warm fuzzies.

<3Mary