‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

quatorze;

It was December thirty-first, and Jack's hands were over my eyes. We both laughed as I tripped over my own feet because I couldn't see where the hell we were going.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Be quiet, we'll be there in a minute." He whispered in my ear and I felt him smiling.

"Last time you did this, we ended up in a parking lot and you threatened to rape me." I joked.

"Alex," he warned. "You know there's two things wrong with what you just said."

"Which are?" I asked.

"I didn't threaten to rape you, you dick." he laughed. "And you know, it wouldn't be rape if you're willing." He concluded with a chuckle and placed one hand over my mouth. "Now stop pestering me, we'll get lost."

"Jack," I mumbled against his hand, flicking my tongue out to lick his palm. I assumed it would work, and his hand would pull away, but my assumptions were wrong. Fuck.

He uncovered my eyes when we reached a house at the end of the street however many blocks away from out houses. Who even knew where the fuck we were? I sighed and looked at him with a worried expression.

"Is this where you kill me?"

"Alex, stop being such a little worry wart." He scolded, reaching down and twining our fingers together.

He leaned in briefly, placing a peck to my lips in a silent plea to get me to shut up and trust him. It worked, and I grinned when he pulled away and we walked toward the house.

-

It was loud inside and really, I was kind of scared. I'd never really been in this kind of environment, but I shrugged it off when Jack hugged my waist.

"Let me introduce you to the friends I made while you were gone," he stated before leading us through the house, that was barely crowded to my surprise, and out the back door and onto a wooden deck.

There were a few boys, and two or three girls, standing outside. We approached two of them huddled sort of close. Couldn't blame them, it was fucking cold outside.

"Zack, bro," Jack addressed the taller of the two. He was wearing a tank-top that hugged his skin perfectly. That was probably why he was so cold. In between his fingers was a cigarette and the lighter was very evident in his front pocket. "What'd I tell you before break, man."

"I'm holding it for someone, shut up!" Zack groaned. "I haven't smoked anything since the nineteenth."

"Don't lie, asshole." The shorter boy slapped Zack's exposed shoulder, causing Zack to glare down at him.

"Fuck you, Rian." He said and walked off, tossing the cigarette behind him onto the deck in front of us.

Jack took the pleasure of stomping it out, before smiling at the shorter boy.

"Sorry about that," Rian apologized. "He's been moody all day."

"He's just mad he hasn't gotten laid since August." Jack joked, causing Rian to laugh. I stood there awkwardly.

"So who's your boy-toy, Jack?" Rian asked, gesturing to me slightly before leaning against the rail on the deck.

"Shut up," Jack laughed. "This is my boyfriend, Alex."

The way he said 'boyfriend' made butterflies in my stomach. I grinned.

"Alex, this is Rian." Jack said. "He's in almost all of my classes, and he's a genius."

"Am not!" He protested with a slight smile.

"Oh, and that faggot over there is Zack," Jack pointed over his shoulder. I turned my head to see the boy in the tank top taking a drag from another cigarette he probably stole from someone. "He's been a dick all year because his girlfriend fucked him and then dumped him, and he hasn't gotten a single fuck since. Girl's think he's scary."

"I can tell." I agreed, laughing along with them.

We all goofed around for the remaining hours of the night, sipping on fruit punches and gatorades and such. I learned that this was Rian's house, and his parents were down the block at a New Year's party themselves. So no funny business, or he'd never be let out again. I thought it was silly, but hey, whatever.

It was around eleven fifty-five when everybody who was there was out on the back deck, or sitting on the lawn on towels and blankets. Jack and I were positioned next to the rain on the far left of the deck, next to Rian who was jabbering on about some huge math exam they're going to have to take when they get back to school.

I frowned slightly. I had completely forgotten about school. I felt so...happy here, why did I have to go back? I didn't want to leave. Maybe if I could've talked to my mom before...

"Hey, they're about to shoot off fireworks," Jack snapped me out of my thoughts by gripping my waist tight and grinning down at me. "It's almost New Years, baby."

As soon as he said those words, almost as if on cue, half of the people started chanting; counting down until January first.

Before I knew it, Jack was holding me close against his chest and looking down into my eyes. His own were sparkling and he smiled, causing me to smile. His fingers played with the hair on the back of my neck and he gripped my chin with his other hand. I bit my lip briefly before I heard in the background everyone screaming.

Ten, nine, eight, seven,

"You look so nice tonight, babe." He whispered, sweeping my bangs out from in front of my eyes where it had fallen slightly.

Six, five, four,

"Stop being so sweet," I replied, blushing slightly. He was such a sap, and I loved every bit of it.

Three,

"Not until you stop being cute, 'Lex." He grinned. I loved it so much when he called me that. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside, and I just wanted to sink into him and love him forever.

Two,

"How about if I called you an asshole, would I be cute then?" I winked and nibbled my lip.

One.

As soon as it started, it was over. People were cheering and fireworks were going off and everyone was smiling and laughing. It was that moment when I knew that Jack was the most important person in my life.

He leaned in slowly, and I grew impatient. I placed my hand behind his head and pulled him down, smashing our lips together in the most passionate kiss I think I've ever had with him. He smiled into the kiss before pushing his tongue passed my lips and raking behind my teeth. His hands wove around my waist and I toyed with the hairs on his neck slightly.

At that moment, I was truly happy. I was with the one I knew loved me for as long as I could imagine love to last, and I loved him back. He was there for me whenever I needed him, and he would never hurt me.

Jack pulled back slightly, just enough to mutter, "Happy New Years, baby," against my lips, and we were kissing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was urged by my friend Sarah to update this. I figured I'd skip all the fillery chapters and give you the dirt. After this, Stuff's gonna start....I'm not even going to tell you. :D Feel free to guess, Though!

Um, It's cute, Fluffy, And kind of silly. I hope you enjoy, And you will all most definitely be seeing more of Zack and Rian in the further chapters. C:

Love you all, And thank you to all who commented last chapter!

BesosDeMariposa
xXColdMelodyXx
GiveADamn

I miss all of my commenters! Please come back<3

<3 Mary