Such a Beautiful Letdown

The Start

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! The alarm clock was like a fucking shot to the head. "Shut the fuck up! I hear you!" I threw a random ball at my alarm clock to find I missed and hit a picture frame instead. "What the hell is going on in there!" My mom yelled. I ignored her. God I did not want to go on this stupid vacation. I was supposed to go to my friends party this weekend.

I got up and turned her alarm clock off.

"Hurry and get dressed Mallorie, you are NOT going to make us miss this flight. I don't care if you want to go or not. Your sister and I are acually looking forward to this, it isn't our fault you'd rather be out with your friends."

Of course, bring my sister into this! Miss Goody Two Shoes at your service. Typical 19 year old that loves Hollister and Ambercrombie. And then there's me, 18 year old who would rather wear old schools than high heels. I have blonde hair with black underneath, about 5'4 in height, loves eyeliner, and has been a huge Green Day fan since I could remember. I have only went to one Green Day concert and it was the best day of my life. Front row, and by the end of the show I was carrying home one of Tre Cools drumsticks.

"Mallorie!!! Get your ass out here right now!!" My mom yelled. Mallorie walked passed her and her sister and threw her bags into the trunk. 'I guess it won't be that bad' she thought. She's never been to California before and it reminded her of Green Day.She immediatly got out her Cd player and put in Kerplunk!. After about 45 minuets they arrived at the airport. "Finally" My sister said. We went into the airport, got our tickets and sat down to wait for them to anounce our departure. "So where are we going anyways?" I aksed. " Ummm, I made reservations for us to stay in this hotel in Berkely. They have a beach and I think and amusement park." I stopped listening to her after she said Berkely. 'Wow' she thought. I wonder if we are going to be close to thier house. Pfff, yeah right. That would be like saying I was going to meet them.

"Flight 2048 to Berkley, California is now boarding in Gate 6" "Thats us." My mom said.

We boarded the plain and since there was a few empty seats after everyone boarded I went and sat in an empty row by the window. I hated flying, but I learned to cope. I put in a different Cd, Dookie, and started to sing "She" to myself. " She, she screams in silence, a sullen riot penatrating through her mind. Wait, wait for a sign, to smash the silence wih a brick of self control." I started to feel sleepy but I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep. The seatbelt sign turned off and I decided to go to the bathroom. I went over to the one in the back but it was being occupied. So I asked if I could use the one in first class. I made my way up the aisle and went to open the bathroom door.

"What the fuck!" it was also being used. 'I swear if this guy is taking a shit I'll go nuts!' I thought to myself. I started to pase back and forth. I wasn't facing the door but I heard it open. I spun around and ran into the guy that came out. "Oh sorry dude" And I didn't even bother to look back. After I used the restroom I looked in the mirror to notice my shirt was on backwards. "That's what I get for changing in the dark" I turned my shirt around. It was a black shirt with the Nimrod cover on it. It was my favorite shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and started to walk back to my seat. I sat down and turned her Cd player back on. I noticed someone was coming in my direction but didn't feel like checking to see who it was. The person tapped me on the shoulder. I paused her Cd player but still didn't look up.

"Yes, do you want something?" I asked. "Well, you kinda ran into me when I was coming out of the bathroom and you walked away before I got to say anything." "Hey, I said I was sorry, what else do you want from me, a cookie?" I asked scarcastically. The guy laughed. Mallorie finally looked up at the guy. Her eyes got wide."Ummm..." "I figured you'd say something like that eventually." Billie Joe said. "The reason I really came back here was because I noticed you were wearing a Green Day shirt and that you were sitting alone, so do you wanna come sit up there with me and the guys?" "Uh..errm..Sure" I was in total shock, I didn't know what else to say. Billie Joe fucking Armstrong just asked me to go sit with him, Tre, and Mike.