Such a Beautiful Letdown

Plane ride

"Uhm..yeah that'd be cool," I said trying not to stare at him like an idiot.
"Awesome," he said. When I stood up I realized that everyone made him seem so much shorter than what he really was. Well, yeah he's short, but he's still taller than me! We walked through the curtains that led to the first class area, when I walked through, the first thing I saw was Mike's hair. I didn't see Tre though.

"Hey you guys this is...ermmm..." Billie looked at me. "Sorry I didn't get your name.
"Oh, it's Mallorie."
"Yeah, you guys this is Mallorie." Mike was the only one that noticed. I think Tre was staring at something.
"Hey Mallorie, I'm Mike, but you most likely already know that."
"Yeah," I laughed a little. "I do." Just then Tre jumped up from his seat and turned around to us.

"Hey, did you guys ever notice how shiny the seatbelts are on this-" He stared at me. " HEY! Who are you!?" Mike looked at him like he was crazy.
"Were you not just listening to Billie?? He just introduced her."
"Who?!"
"MALLORIE!"
"Who's Mallorie?"
"THE GIRL RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE! BILLIE JUST BROUGHT HER UP HERE TO HANG OUT DURING THE FLIGHT!"

I laughed watching the two of them go at it. Billie acted like this kind of thing happened all the time. "You know..." Tre started. "It isn't very safe to bring someone you don't know up into first class, she could be like...a rapist...or a mass murderer."
"Tre... first of all she's...wait...how old are you?" Mike asked.
"18," I said.
"Yeah...first of all...she's 18...I don't think she is going to rape you. Besides, no matter who wanted to rape you, they wouldn't be able to...you'd enjoy it either way. And second of all...does she really look like a mass murderer to you!?"

"You never know...wait a minute...I would NOT enjoy having sex with just anybody!" Tre exclaimed pretending to pout. "Only if it were you," he said seductively trying to kiss mike.
"Ahhh!" yelled Mike dodging from him. I started laughing my ass off. I looked over at Billie who was also laughing.

"This kinda stuff always happen?" I asked Billie.
"Oh yeah...all the time. It is kind of amusing though," he said. I looked back at Mike and Tre, who looked like they were having a cat fight. Tre stopped abruptly and said.
"Oh, I forgot! Hi! I'm Tre...and...you're hot." He winked at me. I just laughed. Tre and Mike sat back down and did...whatever they were doing. I turned back to face Billie Joe.
"Haha, I knew Tre was always funny but, it's better when you actually get to realize it first hand."
"Yeah he's quite the character, except for when he wakes you up wicked early in the morning because he FORGOT HOW TO TURN ON THE COFFEE MAKER!" he said the last part loud enough for Tre to hear. Tre just yelled to the back of the seat.
"IT ISN'T MY FAULT THAT THE DAMN TIHNG DIDN'T HAVE A BIG ENOUGH BUTTON!"

I started laughing again. God they sure know how to make a person laugh. He looked back at me and smiled...God, he was cute. I always knew that though. "Yep, that's Tre." Was all he said before he moved onto a different subject. "So where are you going exactly?"
"Berkeley."
"Sweet, maybe I'll see you around."
"Yeah, that would be wicked cool."
"So how long have you been into Green Day?"
"Oh wow, I don't know, I think around the time when Dookie came out."
"Thats cool, it's nice to meet real fans...not just the kind that think you're hott. It's weird though, people look up to us and...all we did was make music."

"You guys really have no idea how much you mean to some people. For me, if I have a shitty day, I put in one of your records and it all feels better. Green Day saves my life like, every day. I've only gone to one of your concerts. I was in front row on the floor. It was amazing. Green Day definitely defines kickass. But, I've always just wanted to tell you guys how much your music means to me and that well...just thank you." I smiled at him but looked down. I don't know why I was embarrassed. Out of no where Tre jumps up and turns around with a huge smile on his face.

"Awwwwwwwwww, she likes us, she really likes us!" he pulled me almost the whole way over his seat to hug me. I liked the fact he was hugging me...but hot damn it hurt!
"Ahhh.. stomach...piercing....seeeeat!" a flight attendant came over looking pissed off.
"Excuse me sir, could you set the lady down, you are being disruptive and people are starting to complaine, thank you." Tre let go of me and crossed his arms.
"Whatever, what could a hug possibly disrupt."
"Well, it could disrupt a girl from breathing!" I smiled.
"Oh, you liked it, don't deny it!"
"I rolled my eyes."

After Tre turned around I looked at Billie. It looked like he was thinking about something. "Deep in thought, eh?" He quickly looked at me and smiled. Gah! don't smile...does he want me to melt!?
"I was just thinking about what you said....and thank you." He smiled again and touched my hand. I pulled away though, I was too nervous.
"Eerr...you're welcome, but I should be thanking you," I smiled back. I looked away from him to Mike and Tre. Wow, I'm going to sit through this flight with my favorite band. I hope this doesn't end. And I hope someone doesn't ruin it. Like my mom...