But You're Onto Me, and All Over Me

You Touch Me For A Little While, And All My Fragil

It was the day that Fred and George dropped out of Hogwarts that we broke up. We had been dating for over a year then and I had thought that he would have stayed for me but I guess that I was wrong. I knew that they were planning on opening up a joke shop of their own and George had confided in me that Harry had given them the financial aid that they needed but I still couldn’t fathom why George wouldn’t just wait until we graduated. I knew Umbridge was awful and I knew that he had been banned from Quidditch but I still thought that I was enough to keep him here.

We had been walking along the corridors, hand in hand, when he pulled me into a vacant class room and set me down on top of a desk. He pushed his lips against mine, just like he had done more than a year before in the Hogsmeade joke shop. He set his hand on the back of my neck and on my thigh as he kissed me harder. We sat there snogging for what seemed like centuries before he pulled away, tears streaming down his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him quietly, nervous that I had done something wrong.

“I’m leaving Hogwarts, Aly. Tonight,” he replied, he hands now grasping mine tightly. I pushed back the tears that threatened to overflow and took a deep breath.

“No your not. You’re staying here with me and finishing up the year,” I replied sternly.

“I’m sorry Aly. I have to go. I can’t take it here anymore. And Fred and I have finally found a place to start our joke shop! It’s in Diagon Alley! Great, eh?” he asked me, though his eyes begged me to understand. I ignored this request though.

“No George! You can’t leave me here!” I yelled stubbornly, the tears cascading down my cheeks now too.

“Come with me Aly! Come and live with me!” he said to me. I was stunned into silence at this sudden proposal. I thought for a minute but I was getting mixed signals. My heart was screaming at me to go and live with the boy I loved but my mind was telling me that I needed to finish my education instead.

“I-I…I can’t do that George. I need to finish Hogwarts,” I said slowly, “if you leave Hogwarts, then it’s over between us.” I saw the pain in his eyes at what I had just said.

“Then I guess it’s over,” he said quietly, before turning his back and walking out of the class room and out of my life.