Status: Complete

I'll Find Somewhere To Lay My Blame The Day She Changes Her Last Name

Wherever You Go

"So you're what?"

Sunny closed the door to the kennel of the black and white cat that she'd just fed.

After breakfast with everyone she'd decided to go to work for a few hours and book a few more days off. She just hoped that she wasn't going to get fired for this.

"Jimmy and I are going to Vegas for a day or two."

"So you two are back together?" her co-worker replaced a small puppy back into his kennel, "you guys have a weird relationship you know that right?"

Sunny laughed, "yeah, but I think we've got it straightened out now."

"How's that?"

"Because he asked me to marry him," she grinned and pulled off her rubber gloves.

"Really? Well that's awesome, congratulations!"

"For what?" Macy, the attending Veterinarian walked into the room.

"Sunny's getting married."

"Ahhh christ," Macy laughed, "I suppose that means you're gonna be wanting more time off?"

"It'd be nice," Sunny admitted.

***

Rev rummaged through Sunny's drawers picking out the things that got his blood pumping.

"I don't think those will fit you Jimmy, sorry."

He snapped his head around to see Johnny standing in the doorway.

Rev laughed, "they're not for me smart ass," he closed the top dresser drawer, "I want to pick Sunny up from work and leave from there."

"Ahhh I see," Johnny sat down on the end of Sunny's bed, "so you ahh, sure this is what you want to do? I mean, you just got divorced."

Rev zipped up Sunny's bag, "yeah, but if I'd married Sunny in the first place, I would have never had these problems," he laughed softly, "you know I like to do things the hard way Johnny."

Johnny couldn't help but agree, "well as long as you're both happy man."

"Of course he's happy," Syn entered the room and glanced between the other two men, "he gets to have another bachelor party, and have all the sex he wants with her...legally."

Gunner and Ichabod barreled into the room, Zacky and Matt close behind them.

"Hey we were gonna go get lunch, you guys wanna come?"

"Lunch?" Johnny laughed laughed, "Matt you just made us eat a huge ass breakfast a few hours ago."

"What can I say?" Matt grinned and put his Aviators on, "growing boys need to eat."

An hour after their lunch outing Rev was tossing their bags into the backseat of his car. They weren't taking the truck to Vegas.

"Sheesh," Ashleigh laughed, "I thought maybe you'd left without me," she was going with Rev so that she could drive Sunny's truck home from the vet clinic.

"I would have called you," he assured her and climbed into the driver's seat as Ashleigh climbed into the passenger's side.

They drove to the clinic in relative silence, occasionally fighting over what came out of the car's speakers.

"You're an ass," Ashleigh laughed and eventually gave up and let him pick the tunes.

Rev grinned at her then looked back to where he was pulling into the parking lot.

Once parked, Ashleigh ran inside for him, and soon she and Sunny were coming out the front doors.

"You wanted to get a headstart?" she asked him as Ashleigh basically pulled her towards the car.

He nodded, "yeah, you wanna drive?"

She shook her head and handed her cousin her truck keys, "don't let Syn drive it," she warned her.

Ashleigh grinned, "no worries, you two have a good...safe trip," she winked.

Sunny groaned and climbed into the passenger seat of Rev's black car. They parted ways and soon Sunny and Rev were on the road to Vegas.

"So what are we going to do when we get there?" she asked a while later, they'd only been on the road an hour and she was already getting restless.

Rev laughed, "that's the beauty of it babe," he glanced at her and smiled, "we can do whatever we want."

Sunny smiled and slipped off her shoes, "well I'm up for anything...but a strip club," she lifted her legs and placed her feet on the dash near the windshield.

"No strip clubs I promise," he continued to glance from the road to her, "getting comfy?"

"Mm-hhmm," she murmered and pressed back into the seat relaxing, "I'm actually really tired."

He took her left hand into his right and linked their fingers together, lifting them to his mouth and kissing the back of her hand softly, "go to sleep if you want babe."

She smiled and her heart melted at his simple gesture, then returned her eyes to the road, it was all she could do to keep from climbing onto his lap while they were driving.

"Do you promise to wake me up if you get tired?"

He nodded but kept his eyes on the road, "yeah."

"Alright," she trusted his word and closed her eyes, falling asleep with her hand tightly intertwined in his.

***

"Sunny wake up."

She heard her name but couldn't quite open her eyes.

"Sunny," Rev pressed his lips to her forehead, "come on sweetheart we're here."

At that she cracked her eyes open and realised they were already in Vegas in front of the Palm's Hotel.

She glanced at her watch and it read eight pm. She'd slept the whole way to Vegas.

Unbuckling her seat belt she pulled her feet off the dash and slipped her shoes back on before climbing out of the car. The valet was waiting for her so she smiled softly, "sorry."

"No problem," he smiled back. In a moment Rev was beside her with both of their bags.

"Want me to carry that?"

He shook his head and ushered her into the hotel, she glanced back at him.

"Did Ashleigh pack my bag, or did you?" She hadn't really thought about it until now and now she was worried.

Rev grinned, "don't worry about, get your ass in gear woman."

Sunny laughed and they headed to the front desk. Rev had called ahead and within a few minutes they were on their way up to their suite.

"You know a normal room would have been just fine," Sunny examined the key as they rode in the elevator up to their floor.

"Yeah, but a normal room is boring," Rev admitted. The elevator came to a stop and the door dinged before opening, "it reminds me of being on tour."

Sunny detected the sour note in his voice and laughed. They wandered down the hallway to their room and Rev waited patiently while she unlocked the door. She reached out and turned on the lights as he followed her into the room and pushed it closed behind him.

"It's beautiful Jimmy."

He nodded and slipped past her, taking their bags to the bed. She was too busy admiring the hot tub and the view.

He dropped their bags onto the bed then found her looking out the big windows. He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his chin on the top of her head. She placed her arms over top of his and they stood there silently watching Vegas go about it's business.

"Wanna do something tonight?"

Sunny turned her head and looked up at him over her shoulder, "what's open at this time other than bars?"

He kissed her forehead softly, "Sunny, Vegas never sleeps. But I was thinking along the lines of hitting the jewelry store downstairs."

He looked like he wanted to continue.

"And?" she prompted him, afraid that he'd suggest a bar anyway.

"And...Hart and Huntington Tattoo's," he grinned.

"Is it open this late?" she was all up for the tattoo shop.

He nodded and released her, "yeah, it closes at 2am," he double checked his wallet for money, "and they don't take appointments."

"Alright, well let's go," she pulled the curtains shut, then followed him out of the room.

She grasped onto his hand as they wandered down the hallway, "what are you going to get?" she asked referring to a tattoo.

He glanced over at her as they waited for the elevator at the end of the hallway, "what do you mean me?" he laughed, "we are getting tattoos."

She laughed and they stepped onto the elevator, pushing the main floor button, "alright, so what are we going to get?"

He hadn't really thought about it. He considered getting each other's names, but nixed that idea before they even got to the main floor. That was like dooming their marriage before it even got off the ground.

"What about...wedding rings," Sunny suggested softly.

"What do you mean?"

"You know," she pulled her hand from his and pointed to her ring finger on her left hand, "get tattooed wedding rings, that way, even if we're not wearing our rings for whatever reason, we'll still have those rings."

He grinned. That was a fine idea with him. He wanted this tattoo to tie him to her, and that would work perfectly, "sounds good babe," he kissed her on the top of the head and led her towards the Jewelry store in the hotel.

After an hour of looking Sunny gasped and pulled Rev towards a stand of rings, "Jimmy look at that one," she pointed to a white gold ring with a slightly larger pink diamond in the middle and two smaller normal diamonds on either side.

"You like that one?"

She nodded. She'd been looking hard, trying to find one that she liked but didn't cost much.

"And that goes with that one?" he asked pointing to a white gold band with small diamonds all the way around it.

"Yeah," the clerk pulled both rings out, "the wedding band and engagement ring."

"Those are nice," he glanced back into the case, "I like that one Sunny."

Thinking he was suggesting another one for her she crouched down so she was eye level with the case. He was pointing to a solid white gold band with a design etched into it. She realised he meant for him.

"That one would go nice with these two," the clerk reached down and pulled it out, setting it on the top of the case along side Sunny's picks.

"Do you wanna get those?"

Sunny glanced at Jimmy, "you wanna get our wedding bands now?"

He nodded, "might as well, then that's one more thing out of the way. That is if those are the ones you want."

She nodded, "yeah, they're beautiful."

He smiled then glanced up at the clerk, "we'll take all three."

Sunny tried to stay away while he paid. She didn't wanna know how much they costed all together. That was the only part of the relationship she wasn't keen on. Just because he made more than her, he insisted on paying way more than his fair share.

"Alright babe," he approached her, slipping the box that contained his ring, and the box that conatined her wedding band into his blazer jacket pockets before pulling her engagement ring from it's box.

"You sure you still wanna marry me?" he grinned as they stood at the entrance to the store.

She nodded and laughed softly, "will you stop asking me."

He grinned and grabbed her left hand, "I'm just double checking," he spread her fingers slightly, "the single life, going once, twice - "

"Jimmy," she interrupted him, "if I wanted to be single, I wouldn't be here with you right now."

"Alright alright," he slipped the ring onto her finger, "I love you Sunny."

"I love you too," she whispered back before his lips brushed against hers briefly.

He pulled away and smiled, "alright," he held the empty ring box in his hand, "do you want this anymore?"

She admired the ring on her hand then looked up at him, "no, this baby isn't going anywhere."

He tossed the box into a garbage can outside the store and they headed towards Hart and Huntington.

"I'm not going to be able to wear this tonight."

Rev glanced over at her and smiled, she was still admiring the ring. He was glad she liked it.

"Not if we get our tattoos that is."

He nodded and they entered the shop. Admiring it's unique interior. Rev left Sunny to check out the parlor while he spoke to one of the artists. An hour and a half later they were walking out of the shop with thin rings tattooed around their fingers. Sunny's engagement ring was on her right hand for the time being.

"You want to go upstairs? Or out?" he asked her before they headed back to the elevator. Though she wasn't tired, she didn't feel like going outside. Spending time, lounging around with Jimmy sounded much more appealing.

"Back to the room," she admitted, "unless you really wanna go out."

He shook his head and they started for the elevator, "I'm going wherever you go."
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading