Status: Complete

I'll Find Somewhere To Lay My Blame The Day She Changes Her Last Name

Thank You

He hated to admit it, but the previous nights phone call with Sunny had actually helped him to sleep. Pissed off, he had crawled back into bed, snuggled into Chelsey and was able to go right to sleep. Only problem was that it was now noon, and while everyone else was out doing their thing, he was just crawling out of bed.

A quick glance out the window above the sink in the main area of the bus told him that they'd arrived at their next venue, and they were indeed parked in a fenced off area at the back of the building.

Closing the blinds again he headed back to his bunk to get dressed. He slipped his pin stripe jacket on without a shirt underneath then looped a studded belt around the waist of his black pants before going in search of his shoes.

The bus door swung open and he snatched his passes off the table and clipped them to one of his belt loops. The minute his feet hit the pavement and he closed the bus door behind him he realized just how big a mistake it was to wear all black. It was fuckin' hot out.

"Hey Rev!" Ashleigh let the back door to the venue close behind her as she headed towards him. Her choice of jeans and an Avenged T-shirt was a far better choice than his, "can you help me bring in a couple boxes of stuff?"

"Sure," he turned back around and followed her down along the side of the bus until she selected one of the compartments beneath the bus and unlocked it, revealing all of their merchandise packed neatly into large brown cardboard boxes. She pulled the closest box to the edge then passed it to him. His long arms made it easy for him to grip it as he waited for her to pack another box on top of that then grab her own before he followed her into the building.

The first hallway they wandered through was a dark one but once they made it to the actual concert area it was well lit up. The stage was already built and Rev could see Zacky and Syn helping the tech's arrange and set up their equipment just in front of the headlining band's equipment.

He followed Ashliegh out a set of double doors down a large well lit hallway and into a bright lobby filled with windows. There, Casey and Kaela were setting up tables while Becca and Chelsey hung up t-shirts on the boards they'd set up behind the tables. While security guards set up ropes to guide the fans through four seperate pat downs. The hosts from the radio station putting on the show were kind of just standing around watching.

"Over here," Ashleigh gestured towards the far table, setting her box down on the end.

He set the boxes down then moved around to behind the tables, placing his hand on Chelsey's lower back and kissing her on the top of the head, "morning babe."

"Afternoon," she corrected smiling up at him before slipping her arms underneath his jacket and around his bare middle, "you're lucky I'm busy right now you know."

He cocked and eyebrow and she grinned even bigger, "or you and I'd be heading back to the bus."

He couldn't help but smile. Hey, he was a guy. And sex, was a very welcome thing.

"Okay, none of that here," Kaela ushered Rev away from Chelsey, "go do....whatever it is that you do."

Rev laughed and wandered down the hallway. Go do whatever it is that he does. With a grin he headed across the main concert area towards the stage. Syn would know where the beer was.

***

Sunny did up her jean skirt as she bounded down the stairs towards the ringing door bell. She couldn't believe she'd slept in until ten. That hadn't given her much time to shower and get dressed let alone do her hair and make-up.

She flung open the front door and was surprised to see Brent, Dana and McKenna.

"Hi," she stammered, stepping back and allowing the three into the house. They came in and she closed the door behind them.

"Hey," Brent replied, releasing Dana's hand.

"We were suppose to meet at Val and Michelle's," Dana quickly began explaining, "but I was running behind again so we agreed to meet here instead, I hope that's alright."

Sunny laughed and smiled, "no that's totally fine, make yourselves at home," she gestured around the living room, "I'm almost ready to go."

"No rush," McKenna smiled and slipped off her shoes, "I can't see the others being on time."

That was a good thing. Sunny dashed back upstairs and finished her hair, flipping out the ends, and spritzing on some perfume. Finally satisfied she headed downstairs dressed in some flip flops, a jean mini skirt, a black camisole, bracelets on both wrists, a couple necklaces and some dangly earrings.

"Are you coming too Brent?" she asked before dissapearing into the kitchen for a bottle of water and reappearing in time for him to answer.

"No, just brought the girls over."

"My car isn't working properly," Dana frowned.

Car. It just hit Sunny, good god, how were they all going to fit into one vehicle? Because Colt had her truck.

Moments later the doorbell rang again and Chris, Val, and Amy were walking in the door.

"Where is Michelle?" McKenna asked the question everyone was wondering.

"She's coming," Chris laughed, "she's out in the car talking on the phone," he glanced out the front door again before closing it, "would I be able to get a ride home with you Brent?"

Brent nodded, "Yeah, are they taking your car?"

"Yeah," Val cut in, "his is the only car that will legally hold six people."

Sunny took the opportunity to feed and water the dogs while everyone stood around in her living room and conversed.

A minute later Michelle burst in the door, "we ready to rock and roll?"

"Absolutely," Sunny smiled, following the herd outside, closing the locked door behind her.

***

Casey sat down on the edge of the table. They'd been joined by the other band's merch crews who were now setting up on either side of them, "I wonder what Sunny's doing today."

Ashleigh gathered her hair up into a pony tail and looped an elastic around it, "I think I'm going to call her tonight, see if she wants to come to Vegas."

Kaela rocked onto the back two legs of the chair she was sitting in, "oh that's right, we'll be in Vegas tomorrow won't we?"

Chelsey suddenly perked up, "why would you invite her?"

Ashleigh glanced down at her because she was now sitting in the other chair, "because I miss her."

"You'll get to see her in like a month," Chelsey smirked.

"Yeah but I think deep down she really would have liked to come," Becca smiled.

Chelsey kinda shrugged her shoulders, "there isn't any room for her. Plus she's got to learn that she's not really part of this," she gestured around their little group of girls, "group anymore."

"She'll always be part of this group," Kaela stated firmly, "she was here before you sweet heart."

Everyone could tell Kaela was getting irritated, and that wasn't a good thing. Fortunately, Chelsey kind up shut up on that particular subject for a moment. But she spoke again way too soon for everyone's liking.

"I know you all are friends with her and everything, but don't you think she's a little bit obsessive. I mean come on, she totally ruined my wedding."

"Hey, we all ruined your wedding," Kaela corrected her.

"Well, I'm sure she talked you into it," Chelsey tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Actually it was kind of me who talked her out of marrying Deegan," Casey said sheepishly, we had a little talk before she walked out on her own wedding.

"But she can think for herself," Kaela interjected, "if she'd have really wanted to marry Deegan she would have."

"Instead she'd rather crash my wedding. I mean, seriously. Rev would have married me despite her begging him to have her," she continued without any of them having to say a word, "I mean, I was pregnant, he didn't want to abandon me."

"You...were...pregnant?" Becca asked cautiously.

Chelsey nodded like it was no big deal, "yeah but I miscarried early on, the doctor said it was just my body telling me I'm not ready to have a baby yet."

"How did Rev take it?" Ash asked.

"Not well, but he'll get over it, we're in love, we've been together for a long time."

Kaela was shaking her head, "no, a long time was how long Matt and Val were together," everyone's eyes opened wide as they stared at her. Kaela never spoke about Matt and Val's relationship, "you and Rev have been together what, a year? Maybe two?" Kaela was standing up now, pushing her chair underneath the table, "I really don't think that you love Rev at all. You're in it for the fame and the money, and ultimately the bragging rights."

"Kaela," Ashleigh started but Kaela was already walking in the opposite direction headed back to the bus.

"She really doesn't like me does she?" Chelsey watched her walk away before turning back around in her chair to face everyone.

"You just come on a little strong is all," Casey hopped down off the table, "it's like you constantly have to remind us that you are with the Rev. Like you won some sort of contest."

"Okay enough," Ashleigh held up her hands, "how old are we? Seriously. Let's do our job, and get out of here so we can party it up tonight."

The conversation switched courses and soon there were all trying to get along again. Now it was time to go find Kaela.

***

"That was awesome baby," Chelsey gushed after their set as she wrapped an arm around Rev's shirtless waist. He could feel the sweat running down his body and he was amazed that it didn't gross her out.

Feeling that it fell under the 'husband' obligation thing he wrapped his arm around her waist and walked with her down the hallway behind the rest of the guys to their dressing room.

"That was fuckin' wild," Zacky beamed as they entered their dressing room, running his fingers through his damp hair.

Johnny's permanent grin told Zacky that he agreed, "I think we did our job reving up the crowd tonight."

"I think so to," Matt clipped his sunglasses onto his shirt and brushed his damp hands against his jeans, "is everyone going to do the signing tonight?"

"Might as well," Syn stated as he fixed his hair in an old cracked mirror on the wall in the room.

"How come you're not out there with the other girls?" Rev whispered to Chelsey. He already knew the answer. It was because she didn't want him to have a moment alone with a groupie, and because she didn't want to do the sometimes hectic worked involved with working the merch booth. But he also knew that she'd never admit to that.

"I just wanted to see you," she grinned, knowing full well that he had a thing for her smile.

They all hung out in the dressing room until the headlining band hit the stage. Then, with the help of Danny and a few other guys they made their way around the outside of the crowd and out to the lobby. There, the girls already had five chairs set up behind a cleared off table. And it was evident by the growing line up of fans that they'd assured them of a signing.

***

Later that night, after a whole lot of booze and partying they were slowly, one by one retreating to their bunks.

"Johnny get your ass over," Becca laughed, pushing Johnny further into his bunk so that she could slide in beside him.

Ashleigh sat sideways at one of the tables in the middle part of the bus in her pajamas, buzzing, but not drunk. Her cell phone sat on the table beside her.

"Who you gonna call baby?" Zacky asked her as he cralwed onto the bench like seat, forcing her to slide back until her back came into contact with the bus wall, she laughed as Zacky's drunken frame pressed into hers.

"I'm going to call Sunny."

He smiled and pressed his lips to hers.

"Oh please, take it to the bunk," Casey laughed before Syn scooped her up and pretty much shoved her into their bunk.

Zacky crawled away from Ash, "you comin to bed?" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Ashleigh laughed and pushed him away, "I'm going to call Sunny, then yes I'll come to bed."

Zacky didn't look like he was going to give up but he finally did. She picked up her cell and dialed the house. A total of two rings later Sunny picked up the phone.

"Hey," Ash greeted her.

"Hey."

She drew her legs up to her chest, "how are ya?"

"Good, just got home actually. A bunch of us went shopping then out for supper."

"Awesome, buy anything that I can steal?"

She could hear Sunny laugh, "how about, I'll let you borrow then you don't have to steal."

"Fair enough," Ashleigh smiled, "so uh, what are you doing this weekend?"

"Oh no not you to."

Ash laughed, "what?"

"Rev already tried to talk me into flying to Vegas to see you guys tomorrow," she was quiet for a moment, "if that's what you were thinking."

"Yeah that's what I was thinking. But since Jimmy obviously failed, I feel obligated to try even harder."

"You can try," Sunny admitted, "but I can't affored to fly to Vegas for a day then fly back."

"Then stay for more than a day, and I'll pay for half."

"I have to work."

"Oh christ, you've been working non stop since you got that job. I'm sure you have holiday time building up."

"I don't..."

"Don't say you don't," Ashleigh cut her off, "I know that you do. And you're going to call work tomorrow, tell them that you're not coming back to work on monday and you're taking a few days off."

"But Ash..."

"Don't make me do it," Ashleigh knew Sunny was caving, there was no stopping now, "you know I will."

Sunny laughed, "yeah, you've done it to me before."

"So are you going to make me do it again?"

There was silence over the phone before she heard Sunny sigh in defeat, "alright, I'll call you when I land in Vegas."

"Awesome!" Ashleigh giggled, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, have a good night."

"Night," Ash clicked her cell phone shut then got up from the table. It was walking into the bunk area that she realized Rev had been listening, his head was poking out of his bunk from behind the curtain.

"Can I help you?" she asked him.

He had this stupid, drunken smile plastered on his face, "thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks for reading.