I Saw Your Heart as It Overtook Me

Lots Of Love And A Shy Request

Although Mrs. Sanders and I had gotten things cleared up between us, that doesn't mean we were the best of friends. There were some things that I did which irked her and she was always hassling me about the tiniest of things. However, I understood it was all constructive criticism [fuck you don't know how long it took me to spell that damn word!] so I didn't really take it to heart.

Matt's parents went back home a couple of days ago, leaving me and Matt to once again have free range of the house, meaning we could do whatever the fuck we wanted. I know you guys know what I'm talking about.

*************

"Baby." Matt whined. "Fix my tie for me."

I glanced at his reflection in the mirror and laughed at his poor attempt of tying it himself. I finished putting on my eyeliner and got up, motioning for him to come join me beside the sink. He walked across the bathroom and picked me up, setting me down the counter, resting himself in between my legs.

"Matt." I sighed as I began to untie the knots scattered here and there.

"What?" He said defensively.

I shook my head and suppressed a smile, pulling out the last knot out. I reset the tie and started to tie it properly for him.

"There you go." I said, smoothing it out.

"Thank you babe." He grinned, reaching over to give me a kiss.

He kept his lips pressed against mine but didn't ask to be let in. While he raised a hand to caress my cheek, he wrapped his other arm around my waist to pull me closer to him. I admit, I never wanted the kiss to end but eventually Matt pulled away from me slowly and rested his forehead against mine.

"Baby, I love you." He whispered, his thumb softly tracing a circle on my cheek.

"I know." I whispered back. "I love you too."

I let a soft smile spread across my lips as I listened to his slowly, steady breathing. I loved our little 'moment' like this when we'd just stay there in each other's arms, not really caring about anything else that was going on. Just for those couple of minutes we'd forget about the world, all its troubles and problems.

I slowly pulled myself out of Matt's embrace and laced my fingers with his.

"I guess I'd better finished getting dressed." I said softly. "Amber will kill us if we're late for the pictures."

**********

"I now pronounce you as Mr. and Mrs. Zachary Jonathan Baker. You may kiss the bride."

The 'judge' [dude, I seriously don't know what the hell you call those people who do the wedding thing a ma jig...I know, I'm an idiot] didn't have to tell them twice. As Zacky and Amber shared their first kiss as husband and wife, everybody started clapping, hollering, and in my case, crying. Yeah, so what if I was crying. I was happy okay.

Anyway, after Syn tapped Zacky on the shoulder to keep him and Amber from getting into a full blown make out session in front of all the guests, we were finally able to get out of there.

Of course, the two newlyweds led the way down the isle, followed by Syn and Shawna (Amber cousin and maid of honor whom Johnny had been drooling over ever since he first laid eyes on her), Jimmy and Alyssa, Johnny and Lissa, and finally me and Matt.

"So." Matt said as we followed the line down the isle. "Are you ready to go party it up or what?"

"Oh hell yeah." I replied. "Although I'm not sure if I'm ready for some of the stuff that I might witness while partying up. This should be pretty ... er, interesting."

"Oh of course." He laughed. "You know how we do."

I rolled my eyes, suppressing a laugh at his ghetto accent he just tried to pull. We finally made our way outside and towards the limo that was going to take us to the reception.

Matt helped me into the limo and climbed in after me, shutting the door behind him seeing as how we were the last two inside. Matt pulled me up towards the front and sat down. The limo started to take off suddenly and I was about to fall flat on my ass when Matt caught me in his arms.

"Oh, thank you good sir." I laughed as he brought me to sit on his lap.

"No problem m'lady." He replied, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Aww, what a gentleman." Johnny said sarcastically.

"Yeah, and if you were any sort of gentleman you wouldn't be practically sitting on Shawna's lap." Matt shot back.

Johnny's face instantly turned red when everyone turned their gaze to him and saw he was sitting with his side pressed flush against hers although there was more than enough room on the seat.

"Oh ... Uh ... S-sorry." He stuttered, scooting down some on the seat to give Shawna more room.

"That's okay." She said quietly, flashing him a quick smile that made Johnny's face turn, if possible, even redder.

As Johnny started to fiddle nervously with his hands, I felt Matt started to run his hand across my back. I turned and looked at him, feeling my stomach getting all giddy inside as I caught sight of his little smile that showed his dimples. Damn those dimples [huh Amber, lol].

He started to lean in towards me so I took the hint and was gonna meet his lips halfway but Zacky caught sight of what we were planning and threatened to beat Matt with a shovel. I swear that guy.

"Alright, here we are." Amber announced as we felt the limo start to slow down.

I looked up and saw that we had come to a stop in front of the hotel that they had decided to have the reception at.

"So, meet back at the dance hall in say ... half an hour."

We all mumbled our responses as we filed out of the limo and into the hotel in search of our rooms.

A half hour later, or rather forty-five minutes later in me and Matt's case (I'm not gonna tell you guys why we were late because I'm pretty sure you guys already know), we were meeting back in front of the dance hall. Zacky shot us a dirty look and Amber just sort of rolled her eyes.

Now that we were all there we were able to go inside and start the actual shindig. We partied, we danced, we drank, we danced some more ... It was pretty cool. By 2:30 in the morning I had witness some pretty crazy stuff (none of which I really want to repeat) and honestly was ready to call it a night.

Matt's POV
As me and Lauren were dancing to Aerosmith 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' [dude, I love that song] I felt her rest her head against my chest, yawning loudly.

"Baby, are you ready to go up to the room?" I asked softly, brushing her hair out of her face.

She nodded her head, letting out another yawn.

"Alright, let's go say goodnight to your brother then." I said, making a motion to lead her across the dance floor to where Zacky and Amber were dancing.

"Wait, let's finish this song at least." She whispered, clutching onto me. "Please?"

"Of course babe." I said, laughing slightly at her eagerness.

I tightened my arms around her waist and held her close to me. As I listened to the words of the song I couldn't help but want to sing them to Lauren.

"Cause I don't wanna miss one smile, I don't wanna miss one kiss. I just wanna be with you, right here with you, just like this."

I heard her giggle a little bit as she buried her face into my chest. Gosh, I loved her giggle. I loved her pout. I loved her sarcasm and I loved her smart ass remarks. I loved the way she knew how to put me in my place, the way she cuddled with me in her sleep, the way she bit her lip when she was trying her hardest to recall something she had forgot.

I loved every single fucking thing about her.

I looked down at her and wondered to myself how the hell I had been lucky enough to have ended up with someone as incredible as her. I mean, it's not like I've done anything that was so great or special in my life. Why was it that I even had an opportunity to be with her?

I don't know, I'm just talking crazy now.

Soon the song ended and I pulled away from Lauren, moving to lace my fingers with hers but she pulled her hand away, shaking her head. I cocked my head to the side a bit, shooting her a funny look.

"Carry me." She said, sounding and looking very similar to a little kid as she held out her arms to me.

I laughed and picked her up, cradling her in my arms. She instantly wrapped her arms around my neck and I smiled to myself as her forehead rested in the crook of my neck. By the time I got across the dance floor to over to the table where Zacky and Amber were taking a breather, the sound of Lauren's steady breathing signaled to me that she was already asleep.

"Hey." I said as I came to a stop in front of them.

"Hey." Zacky replied looking sideways at Lauren's sleeping figure. "She's out earlier than usual."

"Yeah." I said quietly. "I'm gonna take her up to the room and call it a night."

"Alright man."

Shifting Lauren slightly so I could free one of my arms, I reached over and gave Zacky one of our little manly hugs.

"You guys be safe now." I said, turning to give Amber a one armed hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Remember to use a condom."

"And you two better try and keep it down." Amber smirked. "Don't wanna be 'disturbing the peace' like you guys did the other day."

I saw Zacky give an involuntary shudder as he thought back to the incident she was talking about. Let's just say he heard some, uh ... sounds he didn't want to hear.

"I'm not making any promises." I replied, flashing Zacky a wink.

Not in a flirty way mind you.

He just shot me a dirty look and shook his head as if trying to shake out the words he had just heard. I laughed to myself some more and started towards the door. A few minutes later I slid the card through the lock of our hotel room and opened it as soon as the green light flashed, indicating that it was unlocked.

Kicking the door shut behind me after I was inside, I waited for my eyes to adjust in the dark before I packed Lauren across the room to the bed. I pulled back the blankets on the bed, laid her on her back and carefully began to pry her arms and legs from myself.

After I successfully did this I sat on the edge of the bed beside her and started to undress her. She has this weird thing where she'd be all cranky if she wakes up still fully clothed, meaning like still in a t-shirt and pants. I don't know, it's just weird.

I cautiously pealed her jeans off of her and managed to slip her tube top off with ease, tossing them to the floor. I pulled the blankets over her and let them rest right below her chin.

Inside the bathroom the lonely shower was just screaming my name but the soft sounds of my sleeping girlfriend made me want nothing more than to just lay there with her. I finished doing my nightly ritual and turned the bathroom light off, shedding my clothes left and right as I made my way back to the bed.

I climbed underneath the covers wearing nothing but my boxers and scooted closer to Lauren. I took her back in my arms and lifted her head a bit so I could move it to rest on my chest.

"Baby?" She asked, scaring the crap out of me.

She must have heard my heart beat suddenly speed up because she let out a small laugh.

"You thought I was out cold huh?"

"Yeah." I admitted.

Lauren let out a soft sigh and started to run her fingers run lightly across my stomach. My breath started to become a bit rigid and my heart started to be faster again as her fingers moved further south. She reached up and locked her lips with mine as her hand started to slide up and down my 'third leg.'

I moaned into the kiss as her thumb rubbed harshly yet pleasurably across my tip. Lauren slid her hand up and down my length a few more times before she removed it and pulled out of the kiss.

I stared up at her breathlessly as she looked down at me, biting slightly on her lip.

"Matt?" She asked, running a couple fingers across my lips.

I kissed them softly, never breaking eye contact with her.

"Make love to me." She whispered.

"Make you to you?" I repeated.

She nodded her head.

"I've never really 'made love' to anyone." She added shyly.

"Alright." I whispered.

I reached up and caught her in another kiss, slowing climbing on top of her. It wasn't until I had settled myself in between her legs and gently pushed my full length into her that I broke the kiss.

I gazed into her eyes and knew she was ready; and so it began.