Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

"Camera Shy", School Boy Humor

I wandered around the venue and had been for a long time when someone called at me. "Yo! Cracker!" I saw a tall African American running towards me, holding onto his pants as he did. My eyes widened. He was tall-not big-but had an aurora about him that made me think of him as a potential gang member...or basketball player. He slowed as he saw the look on my face. "Calm down, Cracker Jack. I ain't gunna hurt cha." I tried to calm down. I felt sort of threatened around him.

He stuck out his hand. "My name's Jerome."

I shook his hand. "I'm Phoenix Envy." I was a little confused at why some random guy would run up to me and introduce himself. "Can I help you?"

"Um…actually I saw your shirt and," I looked at my shirt. It said VANS WARPED TOUR CREW in big letters with the logo on it. "My little sister got stuck in the mosh pit back there in the Devil Wears Prada concert. I need some help to find her…" He looked at the ground, scuffing up the dirt with his shoes.

"What's her name?" I asked, taking a sip of water.

"Jenna-Bee." He wrung his hands and looked a little nervous.

I dialed a few numbers on the cell phone Zack had gave me until we could get me another one. He told me I would need it if I was going to be wandering around a lot. I dialed his number. He picked up after a few rings. "Hey Zack."

"Hey. How's it hangin'?"

"Yeah. Uh…are you anywhere near TDWP's tent?"

"Like their merch tent or they're bus?"

"Neither. The stage they're playing on."

There was silence for a moment. "I think they're like a five minute walk away. Why?"

"I met this guy and he lost his sister back over in that area. I was wondering if you could work some of your magic and get on stage and make an announcement about it? Ask if anyone saw her?"

"Yeah…I can do that. Head over that way yourself. I'll be over there in a moment."

I murmured a thanks and told Jerome to fallow me. He did, still wringing his hands. We made it to the stage right as Zack had gotten up on stage. Confused whispers flooded the crowd. He waved and waited patiently at the side as DWP finished up their song. When they did, Mike turned to Zack and grinned. "Everyone, Zack Merrick of ATL." Zack smiled when he realized the lead singer recognized him and he cautiously stepped up to shake Mike's hand.

"Hey Mike. Thanks for not buggin' out on me for ruining your gig, but do you mind if I make an MIA announcement?"

"No, no. Go ahead."

Zack stepped up to the mic and said, "Um…we have an MIA." He spotted me in the crowd pointed me out, jerking his finger at the stage: a gesture that told me to get my butt up on that stage. I motioned for Jerome to follow and he did, still looking nervous and chewing on his lips. I was chewing on my lip piercing in the same fashion: I was just as nervous.

Zack motioned for me to go to the mic. I shook my head quickly. He smiled. "Camera shy?" I nodded. "Just tell me then." I told him about Jerome and about how his sister Jenna-Bee was missing. He relayed the information back to the crowd and after, he spent no more time, but instead, quickly exited the stage, placing a hand on the small of my back and leading both me and Jerome off the stage. As soon as we started going down the side steps, a small voice over powered the crowd, saying, "Here I am."

I turned around quickly to see one of the guitarist help a small, fragile looking girl past the security guards and up onto the stage. He pulled her up with ease. I saw her mouth "Thank you", but the crowd was now in a roar of casual conversation until the band started again and I couldn't hear her. Jerome ran past me and back up the steps to his sister, engulfing her in a hug. He looked at the guitarist who helped his sister and both apologized for momentarily stopping their gig and thanking him for helping his sister.

He smiled and muttered a "No problem." Jerome looked over at me and I waved him over, gesturing for him to get off the stage. He picked up his sister and settled her on his hip, jogging off the stage and muttering another "Thanks" as he passed by Mike, the lead vocals of the band and frontman. Mike gave a smile and nodded at him, but I didn't think Jerome noticed it because he was already on the steps with us.

"Thanks man." He told me, reaching out to shake my hand. I shook it and looked at his little sister. She looked like him, only her eyes were darker, almost black. She sported a black homemade Mayday Parade shirt that said "Please Don't Tell Me I'm Dreamin'" Colorfully painted on it was a silhouette of a person sitting in a piece of concrete that had been hollowed out with a perfect circle. Past the concrete in the background of the circle was beautiful mountainous cliffs. It was painted artfully and the concrete blended in with the black fabric. Jerome also wore a homemade shirt, but his was for Pierce The Veil with lyrics that said, "With a knife in the back and a grip on the glass, its cold. And I don't wanna be here." The drawing that caressed his shirt was a silhouette with a bloody knife sticking out of it's back and the figure was gripping onto a tombstone.

"Don't mention it. Hey, uh…who made your shirts?"

Jerome raised his hand slightly. "I did. You want me to make you one?"

I nodded my head eagerly. "Will you?"

"Got a blank t-shirt?"

I shook my head. "But I think I can get one." I looked over at Zack who was walking away back to the bus. I turned back around to Jerome. "You got a cell that I can contact you on if I score one?"

He took out his cell and handed it to me. "So are we, like, friends now?" I asked a bit nervous. I'd never had many friends except for Derek and Madden and over the course of the two month since I'd last got wasted with them, I'd lost contact with them. I think the last I'd heard of them was that they were being sent to their Grandmother in Oregon.

"Yeah, I guess we are, Phoenix Envy. So call me when you get tha shirt?" I nodded, handing back his phone after sending me a text message so I'd have his number.

He nodded and looked at the screen to his phone. "Wow. 3:14. Mayday Parade starts in six minutes." He looked at Jenna-Bee who was smiling and now pulling on his hand. "You have any idea where that’s at?"

I shook my head. "Notta clue."

His eyes widened. "Well, I gotta get her there before she freaks. I'll see you round, yeah?"

I nodded as he turned away. "Yeah. I'll try to get a shirt."

He nodded and disappeared into the crowd, Jenna-Bee pulling him the whole time. I smiled at the sight before turning to go the other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured because TDWP got AP's "band of the Year", they needed to be included in here somewhere. But other than that, filler.
Nothing really important. But cute. Kinda cute. :)

Thanks to:
Kaylabelle- Im glad your liking it :)
stryped- haha yay for tea and ipods!!! i always read mibba storys on my ipod! it so portable! lol :)
jaylon1134- Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! :)
nellieey- Awe its ok you weren't able to comment :) but i'm happy you did on my last chapter! i hope your vacation went good. and im syked tht i made ur day with the Phoenix/Jack moment lol. :D
gabrielleyeah-You adore it!? Yay! My story got adored!!! :D lol thanks for commenting :)


And to all my other readers/subscribers thanks for reading and I hope your having a good day/night depending whenever you read this! :D