His Own Harley Quinn

Twenty

Arkham was just how she left it, cold and creepy. She was secured firmly on her gurney as she was strolled along her way to the examination room with Gordon by her side.
“Where’s Bruce?” Jackie asked.
Gordon looked down at her. “He’s on his way,” he assured her.
“You promised he’d be here when I did!” Jackie said, almost crying.
Jackie screamed at the top of her lungs as she was strolled to the examination room, with Dr. Green waiting for her.
She felt a pinch on her arm with a tingling sensation going through her veins; she looked down to see a needle in her arm, pumping a sedative through her veins.
“Stop…” Jackie whispered, before feeling heavy as she relaxed in her gurney.
Dr. Green sighed. “Alright, be gentle getting her out. Commissioner, I’m going to have to ask you to leave,” she said, walking with the Commissioner out of the examination room.
“What am I supposed to tell Mr. Wayne when he gets here?” Gordon asked the doctor.
Dr. Green puts her hands in her coat pocket. “Tell him she’s under a sedative, and that she’s being examined, which might take awhile,” she said, turning back to the room.
“Define awhile?” he yelled.
Dr. Green stopped and turned back to the Commissioner. “A couple of hours. 4 to 5 hours,” she said, walking back to the examine room.

Jackie awoke in a usual Arkham get-up. A dirty white dress and a plastic bracelet with her name on it.
She walked to her door and banged on it. “OPEN THE DOOR!!” she screamed, the white walls were making her feel woozy just as a guard opened the door.
“It’s just protocol, miss…” the guard said.
Jackie looked at the guard in disgust. “What’s just protocol?” she asked.
“The straight jacket,” He said.
She lost her breathe, pushing herself back into her cell. “No-no-no-no!! Please don’t!” she remarked. Jackie was beginning to panic as she cornered herself as the guard walked into her room.
“Miss Gibbard, I’m not going to hurt you. But you need to put on the straight jacket, or you can’t leave your room!” the guard assured her.
Jackie shook her head. “No. Can’t I just wear your handcuffs?” she begged.
The guard shook his head. “No, Miss Gibbard. I will be gentle. Just walk into the jacket and I’ll get you ready alright?” he asked, adjusting the jacket.
The teenager sighed. “You promise you won’t hurt me?” she asked.
The guard nodded. “I promise, and then you and I are going to a room where Mr. Wayne is waiting for you,” he gently.
“Mr. Pennyworth too?” Jackie asked.
The guard nodded. “Yes, ma’am,” he said.
Jackie sighed as she walked toward the jacket, she was alert as the guard helped her put on the jacket when a nurse also walked into the room.
“Is she ready?” the nurse asked.
The guard nodded. “Can you help me real quick?” the guard asked.
Jackie was about to lose herself as she felt the jacket lock itself around her, she felt claustrophobic as the guard and nurse walked away from the straight jacket and helped Jackie out of her room.

“Bruce,” she whispered, walking into the visitor room.
Bruce and Alfred turned to see her in the straight jacket, with tears nearly spilling in both of their eyes.
“Oh, Jackie…” Bruce said, giving her a big hug even though she could not return the favor.
Alfred smiled, the old man was reassured that his goddaughter was alright. “I was so worried about you,” He said, stroking her hair for a moment.
Jackie nodded. “I missed you guys,” she said, trying to hide her tears.
Though they didn’t want to remark about it, both Bruce and Alfred knew she had changed and not for the better.
Bruce knew that this was his fault entirely as he watched Jackie, in her fallen grace that she, herself, wasn’t even aware of. If only Batman had gotten to her sooner.
Jackie Gibbard was gone.
“We’re going to get you out of here, I promise!” Alfred promised Jackie, patting her shoulder softly as he looked her over.
Bruce simply smiled to himself as he watched the conversation go on between Jackie and Alfred; his family.

Jackie was in her cell, she was bored as hell and she kept waiting for a doctor or a nurse, or anybody really, to come in and tell her that she could go home.
But that moment never came; and Jackie was positive it wasn’t going to happen.
She knew that even under the circumstances a suicide attempt was a suicide attempt. No exceptions. Not even for Jacqueline Virginia Gibbard.
She relaxed in the corner, sighing heavily as she slid onto the cold floor. She thought about Dr. Crane, she couldn’t help herself as she imagined him touching her; she imagined him whispering sweet nothings into her ear; she imagined him fucking her against the kitchen table in the hideout.
Jackie giggled to herself as she came back to reality, the reality of her being a patient in her interning nut-house.
The teenager simply closed her eyes as she leaned her head back against the wall, thinking to herself again as she felt the flimsy fabric of her cotton dress against her skin.
“Save me, Jonathan,” she muttered to herself, looking ahead at the wall in front of her; smiling to herself. “Save me,” she muttered again.

“So—just like that?? We lost our leverage!” Crane remarked, deep down he knew that his upset feelings were more because he lost his potential love rather than his leverage.
The Joker giggled as he stood up from his chair. “It’s alright, Crane. She’ll be just fine,” he remarked.
Crane scuffed. “That’s all you got? ‘She’ll be fine’…that’s all you have for us?” he asked in an annoyed manner.
“Yes. Because we’re going to get your little teddy bear; don’t worry Crane, she’ll be back,” The Joker reassured him before walking out of the living room.
Crane took in a deep breathe, he just hoped he could keep The Joker’s word.