His Own Harley Quinn

Thirty

Her room was dark and all she heard were the voices and sounds outside of her hospital room.
Jackie couldn’t hold it in anymore as she wept silently, replaying the entire day in her mind while asking herself why everything happened and what was going to happen to her now.
In the darkness, Gordon reached out and stroked her hair for a moment, hoping she would open up and tell Gordon everything.
Jackie pushed his hand away “Don’t touch me!” she muttered, continuing to sob as she did.
Gordon sighed as he looked at Jackie, becoming Commissioner Gordon once again.
“Jackie, we’re taking you to Arkham, and you will be forced to corporate…” Gordon remarked before walking out of the hospital room.
Jackie calmed herself down, she took in a deep breathe. She was angry with the world, especially Crane.
She wanted to kill him and turn him into dust, she was furious with The Joker, why was he angry with her when it was HIS girlfriend that was getting into ‘trouble’ as it were.
“They’ll pay,” she whispered softly. “Oh, they’ll pay.”

Bruce and Alfred waited in the lobby of Arkham, after getting a rather distressed call from the Commissioner about Jackie.
“This is all my fault, Alfred!” Bruce commented, he crossed his arms as he looked around the lobby of Arkham.
Alfred shook his head “No, Master Wayne, it isn’t. She simply strayed…that’s all, she just strayed.”
It almost seemed as if Alfred was trying to assure himself of that logic more than Bruce.
Commissioner Gordon walked into the lobby “Mr. Wayne, Mr. Pennyworth?” he asked as they both stood abruptly.
“Where did you find her?” Bruce asked.
“Is she alright?” Alfred asked.
The Commissioner was flustered, too many questions and all he wanted to do was explain the entire situation to the both of them.
He sighed “Why don’t we sit down, and I’ll explain everything.” Commissioner Gordon remarked, sitting with both men.

Jackie laid on her bed, her flimsy white cotton dress that barely hugged her pale skin was all that managed to peek her interest.
She looked so plain to herself, she didn’t feel pretty or sexy; she honestly couldn’t feel anything after the pill they gave her.
“This is some pretty good shit.” She muttered to herself as she laid on the cot with one arm above her head and the other laying on her stomach, she felt like a rag doll that had been left behind.
Jackie’s mind was empty, she had no problem not thinking about Crane, or her still birth, or hell, even Bruce Wayne. There was nothing really left of Jackie Gibbard.
“Jackie!!” a voice screamed and echoed through the small room.
She sat up in the bed, panicked while heaving. Her heartbeat racing as she looked at the small room in front of her, there was nobody there.
“What have you done?” the voice echoed softly to Jackie.
Jackie huffed “What’s it to you?” she asked.
“We’re better than this, and you know it!” the voice echoed again.
Jackie thought for a moment, she stood up from her cot and tilted her head “We?” she asked.
The voice giggled a moment “You’re either having a hallucination, or we’re having an out-of-body experience.” She remarked.
Jackie scuffed “You don’t exist. Not if I can’t see you!” she snarled.
The voice disappeared. Jackie was happy with herself as she laid back down on her cot.
“Seems like I’ve won this round.” She muttered to herself, almost pleased.

Jonathan was sitting on his king size bed in his new apartment, it was too quite for the Scarecrow as he thought to himself.
“I shouldn’t have done that.” He told himself, he replayed the scene in his mind; and now Jackie Gibbard was nowhere to be found, and that worried him greatly.
He left the hideout after he and The Joker got into an altercation. Harley had seduced Crane, but Crane admitted to himself that it does take two to tango; and in his stupidity he lost the love of his life.
Crane missed Jackie’s smile, the way she messed up his hair in the morning, he especially missed how she used to look at him; he didn’t feel like a monster when she watched him.
A single tear fell from his cheek, he needed to find Jackie and try to make things right.

“I don’t want to see them!” Jackie said sternly.
Gordon sighed as he sat on the bunk next to her. “Why not?”
Jackie nearly gagged at Gordon’s question as she crossed her legs on the bed. “Because it’s very bad press for a ‘good’ Gotham citizen to associate himself with a criminal,” Jackie remarked softly, nearly getting in Gordon’s face.
“You’re his family, Jackie,” Gordon said, almost feeling his heart break as he looked at Jackie.
It was clear, looking into her eyes, that the Jackie they all knew was gone.
“Fine then, be a sourpuss,” He said softly, getting up off the cot and walking out of the room.
The steel door echoed harshly as it closed, Jackie sighed heavily as she enjoyed the silence while it was there.
“You know, I could really go for a slice of Cheesecake right about now,” The voice in her head remarked.
Jackie opened her eyes “I like don’t like Cheesecake,” She remarked.
The voice giggled. “That’s right. Jackie might like Cheesecake, but the Ballerina doesn’t,” the voice remarked.
“Leave me alone,” Jackie said quietly.
“Uhh, no. We have to work this out B. We have to go home,” The voice remarked.
Jackie rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to go home. Home—home doesn’t want me,” She said, crossing her arms, hiding her tears.
“Home needs us…they need us. They love us,” The voice said softly.
Jackie shook her head. “No. No they don’t,” she said.
“Yes, they do,” The voice remarked.
“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Jackie screamed, covering her ears as she hummed a little tune, trying to get the voice to go away and leave her be.
It was silent after Jackie quit humming, the voice of reason was gone and it was just Jackie in her gown.
When Jackie first arrived at Arkham, she didn’t think she was crazy. But the more and more the voice of Jackie came back to her, the more she began to rethink her sanity.