We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

Somethings Can Crack You...

Jimmy got off of the bed and walked out of the room without saying anything.

“Umm maybe I should check on him?” I said as I was about to get up.

“No you lay down. I’ll go make sure he doesn’t hit the wall like he normally does when he’s mad.”

“He hits the wall?” I asked as I stared at him strangely.

“Yeah…Anyways.” Matt said as he got and walked out of my room.

“What to do…What to do?” I asked myself as I laid down.

“Come in!” I yelled as I heard a knock on the door.

“Hey I thought I would bring you some movies and some soda.” Zacky said as he walked into the room with his hands full.

“Thank you Zacky.” I said as I sat up on the bed more.

“What movie do you want to watch first? I’ll put it in and then head out so you can sleep.”

“Umm…what did you bring?”

“Dracula, Queen of the Damned, Sleepy Hallow, The Haunting, Nightmare On Elm Street all of them, Interview With The Vampire, and Scream.”

“Oh….Queen Of The Damned!!!” I said jumping up and down on the bed.

“Calm down. I haven’t even given you a soda yet!”

“I like vampires.” I said with a sheepish grin.

“Ok. Well here you go.” He said putting it in, “Do you want anything else?”

“I’m hungry, but I can get up and grab myself something to eat.”

“No! Sit back down. What do you want to eat?”

“Honestly I maybe-kind-of-sort-of want pizza.”

“I can do that. I’ll see what kind the others want too.” He said as he walked out of the room. I curled up in a ball with my blankets wrapped around me and watched the movie. At the end of the movie there was yet another knock on my door.

“Who is it?!” I yelled. I would have gotten up, but my rib is killing me now.

I really don’t want to see people right now. My side is killing me. I feel sick to my stomach. Ugh!

“Hey.” Matt said coming into the room.

“Hey!”

“Zacky asked me to bring you this.” He said holding up a box of pizza.

“I just wanted a couple slices.” I said laughing.

“Yeah I figured that, but it’s Zacky.” He said laughing, “Are you ok?” He asked as he placed the pizza on the nightstand before placing a hand on my forehead.

“Yeah, I’m just feeling a little sick and my side is hurting.”

“You have a bit of a fever. I’ll have one of the guys grab your meds.” He said as he yelled out of the door to whoever was listening. A few second later he handed me my meds. I took them without complaining for once, before he went to walk out of the room.

“Hey Matt?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you put on Nightmare On Elm Street?”

“Yeah,” He said as he put it in, “Well I’m going to go get some pizza before they eat it all.”

“You can stay in here with me and eat some of this.”

“I could, but what if I don’t want to?” He asked with a smirk.

“But what if I get scared? Who will save me from Freddy?” I asked in a kiddy voice.

“Well because you’re practically broken I’ll stay in here.” He said as he laid down.

“Do you want in my cocoon?” I asked laughing.

“Sure.” He said as he got under the covers. I got back into the same position I was in, but this time with Matt. He wrapped his arm around my stomach. Don’t Blush!!.

“Am I hurting you?” He asked as he looked down at me.

“No. I’m fine.” I said smiling.

“Ok. I just don’t want to hurt you with my size or anything.” He said laughing.

“Are you calling me tiny?”

“Exactly.”

“That’s not nice Matt.” I said laughing as I snuggled into him more. Eventually I stopped trying to get comfortable and grabbed a slice of pizza.

“Comfy?”

“Very.” I said with a mouth full of pizza. I looked at how we were laying and realized that I was completely on top of him with my head resting on his chest. After the pizza was gone Matt got this serious look on his face that scared me.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah I was just thinking of something.”

“What?”

“How this guy knows our secrets. How he knew that the car drove off. How he knew you got into a car accident and what room you where in.”

“I don’t know Matt. I really wish I did, but I don’t.”

“Hey Adri, I’m sorry about the car accident.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“I know, but I promised I would keep you safe. I didn’t. I let something happen to you.”

“What happened after I passed out?” As he told me the events I could feel his grip on my waist get even tighter.

“See you did keep me safe.” I said smiling.

“Not all of the way though.”

“Yes, but I could have gotten hurt even more if you weren’t there. Matt when the car hit. I can remember feeling you pull my arm out of the way. I would have hit my head on the window if you hadn’t. My head could have been hit by the car. I could have died.”

“I pulled you out of the way?” he asked looking confused.

“Yep.” I said as I yawned.

“Tired?”

“Yeah, stupid pain meds.”

“Well why don’t you go to sleep.”

“Because, if I go to sleep you’ll be all alone.” I whined.

“I’ll be ok Adri. In fact I’ll go to sleep too. I haven’t been able to since we got home anyways.”

I nodded my head and closed my eyes. But something felt wrong. I shrugged it off and fell into a sleep only to fall victim to my nightmare. (A/n: same one she’s had. The one with her ‘father’ getting killed.)

“Adri! Adri! Wake up.” I heard someone say.

“Zacky I’ll get her. Just go get ready.” I heard Matt say as he started to move.

“Adri.” He whispered in my ear.

“Idoftwafttogeftfup.” I mumbled.

“Huh?”

“I don’t want to get up.” I said louder.

“I know, but Jimmy has to do his order.”

“Ok.” I said as I got up.

“We’re taking the car out to abandoned wreckage yard. So they think that it was already there. Trent said he could hack into the system and put all of the info in.”

“Smart idea. Is Jimmy ok?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t talked to him since he stormed out of here and that was eight hours ago.”

“Wow we slept for that long.”

“Yeah, Come on we need to get up.” Matt said as he rolled over making me fall on to the bed.

“Thanks Matt.” I said sarcastically.

“Here.” He said as he held up his hands to help me up. He pulled me up a little too fast, but luckily caught me before I fell. I fell into his chest he wrapped his arms around my waist to support my weight.

“Thank you.” I said as I looked up at him. The light bounced off of his lip ring making it shine. Inch by inch our lips slowly got closer and closer until I could feel his breath on my lips.

“You’re welcome.” He said as he went to close the space between our lips.

“Hey we have to go!” Brian yelled through my door.

“Umm…Let’s go.” Matt said pulling away and walking out of my room. I frowned, but then followed. When I got outside everyone was waiting.

“Sorry. I was having trouble walking down the stairs!” I said laughing.

“Sorry Adri.” Matt said hiding his laughter.

“Bet you are.” I said as I playfully glared before laughing.

“Let’s go and get this shit over with.” Jimmy said with his head down and a bat in hand.

“I’m sorry.” I mouthed to Alexis who was staring at the ground. She nodded even though we could all tell she was about to cry. Once we got to the yard Trent took off towards the office and Jimmy and Alexis sat there holding each other.

“I feel bad for her?”

“Why?” Matt asked as I leaned against him.

“She has to have her car destroyed.”

“You did too.”

“Yeah, but she has to watch. I just found mine.”

“True.”

“Ok. I did it now you can start.” Trent said with his head down.

“You ok?” I asked him.

“Yeah.” He said not looking at me.

“Is it just me or is our friendship being stretched.” I asked.

“It’s just this guy screwing with us that did this to us. Once it’s over we’ll be ok.”

“I’ll hold you to that.” We stopped talking for a few. Jimmy looked like he was having some trouble bring himself to do it.

“Jimbo!” I yelled. He looked at me before running over.

“I’m going to tell you the same thing I told Lillian. If there’s anything in your life that’s making you mad take it out on the car. Take out all of the anger on it.” I said as I hugged him. I felt him nodded and bury his head into my neck.

“Thank you.” He said as he pulled away.

“You’ve helped me. I have to help you.” I said as I wiped away his tear that had fallen from his eyes.

He was trying hard not to cry, but you could see the tears brimming his eyes. He must be pissed in order for him to cry. With everything that he’s been through in his life it takes a lot. He was in and out of homes when he was a teen. He lived with me for a few months when he was 16. He lived in his car and his old work for a while. His dad passed away. Then his mom did. He had a drug problem, but he got clean. Thank God! I was shaken out of my thoughts by the sound of metal being smashed by a bat. I looked at Jimmy who looked like he was playing baseball, but with a car. The car’s windows were blown out. The bumper was hanging on by a thread. The doors were dented. It didn’t look like the car we brought in here.

“Can we go?” Jimmy asked as he climbed in the front seat of Matt’s car.

“Baby, I’m going to go spend the night with my mom tonight. She asked me to help her out this morning. She said she needed to re-paint the garage.” Alexis said as she leaned down to kiss him. He however was stone cold. He just nodded and kept staring straight ahead.

“I’ll take care of him Alexis.” I said as I hugged her.

“Please.” She said as she hugged back.

I nodded and she got into Brian’s car. Trent got in after us and pulled out of the yard carefully watching out for anyone. I’ve never seen him like this. It’s like he’s done things like this before. Once we were at home Jimmy went to go straight to his room, but I stopped him.

“Jimmy go to my room ok? I’ll be up there in a minute. I’m just going to grab some hot chocolate.” I said as he nodded and walked towards it.

“Hey what are you doing walking around?” Matt asked.

“I’m making hot chocolate for me and Jimmy.” I said as I reached up to get a cup, but me being short couldn’t reach and ended up pulling the muscle in my side.

“Here let me grab that.” Matt said as pulled me into a standing position and grabbed the cups for me.

“Thank you. God I hate being like this.”

“I can imagine. Why don’t you go ahead and go upstairs with Jimmy and I’ll make this and bring you up something to eat because I don’t think that he’s eaten anything in a while.”

“Thank You Matt.” I said as I leaned up and kissed him on his cheek.

He smiled with those dimples that stole my heart. I blushed and walked up the stairs with very little trouble. I opened my door to see Jimmy curled up in my blankets clenching my pillows with tears falling from his eyes as he let silent sobs go. He shook with every sob.

“Jimmy.” I whispered as I sat on my bed behind him.

“I’m sorry Adri. I-I seem like a baby. I’ve n-never cried this much in my l-life.” He said as he was starting to get mad at himself.

“It’s ok Jimmy. Come here.” I said as I opened my arms for him. He climbed in them and rested his head on my shoulder as I rubbed his back. He gripped my arms tight and cried harder.

“It’s ok Jimmy. I’m sure that even Matt would be crying if he was in your shoes.” I said as I tried to comfort him. Matt walked into my room a room a few moments later with the cups of hot chocolate and couple pieces of toast.

“I figured that the toast would be easier for your stomach.” He said as he placed the plate on the nightstand and placing a hand on Jimmy’s shoulder.

“You ok man?” Matt asked Jimmy as he sat next to me on the bed.

We kind of looked like a wife and a husband that was trying to comfort our child. Our 6’ 2.5” tall child Jimmy shook he’s head and gripped on to me tighter.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“She hates me.” He mumbled.

“No. No man. Alexis doesn’t hate you.” Matt said. You could hear the concern dripping from his voice.

“Yes she does.”

“No, Jimmy she doesn’t.”

“Yes Matt she does. Why would she go home after then?”

“Because she had to help her mom.”

“It was an excuse.”

“Hey Matt can I have a little bit with Jimmy?”

“Sure thing.” He said as he got up and walked out of the room. Jimmy snuggled up in my lap more.

“Hey why don’t we lay down?” I said as I laid back. He laid back and laid on top of me basically and laid his head on my shoulder. He still shook with sobs, but soon I heard the faint sound of his breathing signaling he was asleep. Matt walked into my room about an hour later.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

“He asleep?” he whispered.

“Yeah. Fell asleep a few minutes after you left.”

“Ok. Well I’m going to go to bed.”

“As weird as this may sound can you sleep in here with us.”

“Yeah, let me move him over.” He said as he moved Jimmy so he was lying next to me.

Matt laid down next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Why do you like laying with me?” Matt asked as he looked at me.

“You make me feel safe.” I said as I laid my head back down.

“Oh..Ok. Night Adri.”

“Night Matt.” I said as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry that this one is so long.