We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

Finding out who we're in this with...

I jumped out of my window and headed toward the park at 11:45. I should get there at 12:00. I walked a little farther and at 12 exactly I reached the Willow. Who ever wrote that note pissed me off so badly? Whoever wrote this note is so dead when I find them. I mean who knows that Frank hits me? Your mothers happiness will be ruined. I heard some noise from behind me that sounded like someone was stepping on leaves. I turned around and was shocked. There stood...Zacky?

"Zacky?" I asked a little freaked out, "Jimmy told you didn't he? I knew I couldn't trust him!"

"What are you talking about?" He yelled making me jump.

"You know what- Wait why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm waiting for someone." I was going to ask who, but saw a red envelope hanging out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that envelope?" I asked staring at him.

"None of your business Now go I'm waiting for someone."

"Well so am I." I said pulling out my envelope.

"Where the hell did you get that?" He asked.

"It was on my bed when I got home." Why did this person want me and Zacky?

"You put it in my room didn't you?! How did you get in my house? Is this some of sick joke
you freak?"

"Zacky what are you talking about? I didn't do anything. I don't even know where you live."

"Who gave it to you?"

"Like I said it was on my bed when I got home." He looked behind me and I turned around to
see, but saw Jimmy and Matt behind Zacky. Once I turned around I saw Trent.

"Adri what are you doing here?"

"Probably the same reason you're here." Jimmy answered for me. I looked over and saw
Brian approaching us.

"Zacky, Jimmy, Matt? Freaks?" He said walking closer to us.

"Cool it Brian." Jimmy said.

"Guys?" I heard Lillian ask.

"Baby?" I heard Alexis ask. I turned around and saw Lillian walking closer to us.

Man Am I Confused! We all held up our letters.

"So we all got them?" Zacky asked.

"Yeah." Matt said looking at his.

"Is that Johnny?" I asked looking at a figure running towards us.

"That's a Mohawk so yeah." Jimmy said. Sure enough Johnny came over to us.

"W-What a-are y-you g-guys doing -h-here?" He asked shivering. I sighed and took off my Metallica sweater.

"Here." I said handing it to him.

"Y-You'll freeze."

"Johnny it's ok. I'll be fine. Here."

"No." His lips were turning blue. I looked at Trent who got the message and grabbed walked over to Johnny.

"Don't touch him you freak." Brian spat.

Trent rolled his eyes before lifting Johnny's arms up while I slipped it over his head and helped him get his arms through.

"We can't kill him with our freakiness." Lillian said laughing. I laughed and shook my head.

"Ok, so who wrote them?" Johnny asked now that he was warm in my sweater.

"Did you freaks write them?" Brian spat. Great some one's attacking us and we're going to be on different sides.

"We didn't write them." I said.

"Liars." Zacky said.

"How do we know you didn't?" Lillian asked.

"Please Lillian. Jimmy, Matt, Alexis and maybe Johnny could have come up with this, but Brian and Zacky. Not a chance." I said shaking my head.

"Stupid Bitch!" Brian yelled pushing me back slightly.

"Brian calm down!" Matt yelled. Soon all of us were fighting with each other.

"Enough!" Jimmy yelled loud enough for all of us to stop dead in our tracks.

"Now all of you shut up. Be fucking honest. Did anyone one of you write these?" He said. His eyes seemed to get darker and he glared and everyone, his hands protectively around Alexis. She looked worried. He looked towards us. All three of us shook our heads 'no'. He looked towards his friends. Everyone said no.

"Ok guys this isn't funny. Who wrote them!" Lillian shouted, causing everyone to jump. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. Trent and I shuffled towards her, wrapping our arms around her.

"So who wrote them and how did they know about me?!" I yelled.

"What did yours say?" I shook my head and felt for my letter. It's in my sweater! Matt reached in to my hoodie and pulled it out. He read it and looked at me before shoving it in his pocket.

"It says almost the same thing as mine and the handwriting's the same." They all looked at me.

"Who wrote them?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know kid." Matt said patting him on the back. I don't know if it was the letters or the weather, but something was making me shiver. No one noticed except Matt. I sighed and sat down with my back leaning against the willow with my arms wrapped around me trying to keep some body heat in. They all looked at me as a few tears ran down my face.

"What's wrong with the freak?" Brian asked.

"Leave her alone." Jimmy said.

"What's wrong Adri?" I heard Matt ask. I looked up and shook my head. Truth be told. My stomach is killing me.

"I'm freaked out beyond belief." I said telling half the truth.

"I know we all are." He said sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around me. Maybe he could be a friend? I sighed and placed my head on his shoulders. I winced and put a hand on my stomach. He looked down and noticed it.

"I'll check it out later if you want." He said looking at me with what looked like concern.

"It's ok." I said with my head down. I felt him lift up my chin until I was looking him in the face.

"If you need help with anything I'm here. I know I don't talk much, but I am here." I nodded and said a small thank you.

"Hey guys?" Brian asked.

"Yeah?" Jimmy asked.

"Did yours have a shape on it?"

"What do you mean?" Zacky asked. Brian pulled his out and we saw a picture of a shore.

"Mine has 'High'" Zacky said.

"Mine has a picture of the Pacific." Jimmy said.

"Mines a picture of Huntington." Alexis said.

"Mine has 'Way'" Johnny said.

"Mines a picture lion pointing to the mane." Lillian said.

"Mine has a picture of a street." Trent said.

"Mine and Adrienne's has nothing." Matt said looking at ours. I thought about it for a moment.

"Hey let me see your envelopes please." I said with my hand out. They all held out their envelopes. I rearranged them in a order that made sense.

"Pacific Shore Highway and Main Street?" Brian asked making everyone look at him like he was stupid.

"Pacific Coast Highway and Main Street." I said looking up, "I think it's where we're supposed to go."

"It's a 12 minute walk from here." Jimmy said.

"Lets get walking." Matt said standing up. He held his hand out for me which I gladly accepted. I stood up and walked away from the park and to the street. We walked for the whole 12 minutes without a single word said except Jimmy calming Alexis down. I was probably visible shaking from the cold. Why was I so cool to Johnny? Once we arrived we all looked around.

"Where could it be?" Trent asked. I looked around and saw three red papers and an envelope. I nudged Matt's arm and pointed to them. He nodded and walked over taking them from the window.

"Hey guys?!"

"Yeah?" They all answered.

"Here."

"The first one has a picture H." Zacky said.

"The second has a picture of a B." Johnny said.

"This a picture of my arm." Matt said looking down at his arm.

"What does that mean?" Zacky asked.

"T-Think of a-a place." I said trying not to shiver, but failing, "H-HB Ta-tattoo."

"The letter." Zacky said.

"J-Just read it."

"I see you've found my first clue. Easy enough directions I hope. Lets see if you can find out this riddle.
You've been seen in the Shadows where the monsters lie where the sacred heart reside."


"We need t-to go to H-B Tattoo." I said before walking towards it.

"Adri are you ok?" Johnny asked.

"I'm fine." I said getting my shiver under control. When we got to HB Tattoo we saw a red envelope under a tattoo book.

"Where the scared heart resides." Matt said looking at it.

"How do we get in?" Alexis asked.

"D-Do you have a bobby pin?" I asked looking at her.

"Yeah here." She said handing it to me. I smiled and took it before leaning down to the lock.

A few seconds later I popped the door open. I held it opened and motioned for everyone to go in before walking over to the alarm. I punched in the code that sounded like it would work and sure enough it did.

"How did you do that?" Zacky asked.

"It's their address. 20387. It sounded like the best code. I used to have a friend who worked here too." I said thankful for the three minutes of warmth.

"Got it." Matt said looking at it, "It says 'Last' on it."

"So we read it last. We need to figure out where the other two are." Trent said.

"Let me see the note." I said as he past it to me. I thought about it over and over again.

"I think the first ones at my house." Matt said.

"How do you figure?" I asked.

"My stage name is Shadows. So it's in my house somewhere."

"Where the monsters lie? Brian don't you have a sleeve of monsters?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Your bed."

"Huh?"

"Where the monsters lie. The monsters lie in your bed when you lay down." Lillian said.

"Yeah I guess so. Ok. Lets get going." He said walking back outside. They all walked out and I punched in the code. I locked the door and we started walking again. Wow it's colder then before! We walked to Brian's house and he ran in to grab it.

"Right where you said it was. It says first on it." He said holding it up.

"Lets get Matt's really fast." I said getting my shiver under control yet again.

"Lets go." He said wrapping an arm around me to keep me warm and man was it working.

"Ahh." I yelled as a sharp pain pulsed through my stomach.

"Shit Adri are you ok?" Trent asked walking over to me.

"Yeah fine." I said trying to stand up.

Matt knelled down next to me and whispered in my ear, "I'm taking a look at your stomach later. Even if you don't want me to." I nodded and he picked me up. I rested my head on his shoulder and let a few tears drop. We reached his house and he told me he was going to set me down and he did before running into the house.

"Got it and a sweater for Adri."

"T-Thank Y-you." I said as he helped me get it on.

"Mine says to read it second."

"Let's read Brian's then." Brian opened his and the letter and a tape fell out.

"I thought you were smart enough to figure all of this out. Yay for you! Listen to the tape. It
should bring back some memories for some."


"Let's go into my house and listen to it." Matt said picking me back up and walking in. He set me on the couch and walked over to his closet. He came back a few minutes later with a small boom box. Brian put the tape in and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison rang through the speakers. I haven't heard that song in 6 years. I looked around and saw Jimmy had a scared look on his face. A few tears dropped from his eyes and a few for me. I looked over at Lillian and she started crying. I knew why she was.

"You know it?" I asked Jimmy. He nodded.

"You?" He asked back. I nodded.

"Matt your letter."

"It says..

Well I hope that brought back some memories for Lillian, Adrienne, and Jimmy. Did it
bring smiles too. I hope it did. The last envelope will take you to level two in this fun game.
"


"How did he know that? How in the hell did he know that song would bring back memories for us?!" Jimmy yelled. Alexis came over and wrapped him in a tight hug. He gripped her shoulders and cried harder before calming down.

"Last envelope." Johnny said. Trent picked it up and dumped it out. Nine normal envelopes fell out. Each one had a name on it. I grabbed mine and read it.

Read this to your self!
Fun trip down memory lane?
Isn't that the song your daddy used to play for you when he was tucking you in isn't it?
Anyways lets get down to business.
You will do everything I say.
IF you refuse I'll destroy everything you love.
Got it?
I'm sure you do.
I'll give you your first order soon.
You can tell the nine people around you your orders and no one else.
Sleep tight


"He's giving us orders." I said looking at mine.

"He said he would hurt Alexis if I don't do what he said." Jimmy said tighten his grip around her. I nodded.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"3:30."

"I have school tomorrow." Johnny said yawning.

"I have work." Alexis said.

"I have a photo shoot." Lillian said.

"And I need to finish Adri's tattoo." Trent said laughing.

"Oh yeah you have to write the saying under it." I said yawning.

"I know we all hate each other, but do you guys want to stay over?" Matt asked, "You Adri have no choice, but Trent and Lillian do."

"Um...Sure. I need Adri's help if I have a nightmare tonight anyways." Lillian said.

"Well my girls are here so I guess I am." Trent said.

"Ok. Guys you can take the living room. Trent and Lillian get the den. Jimmy and Alexis can have his room and Adri can sleep in the spare room."

"Matt I need to go home." I said out of fear of Frank.

"You have to stay. I'm giving you no choice." Matt said.

"Guys I can't."

"Adri please what if he catches you?!" Jimmy yelled walking over to me.

"You told him!" Trent and Lillian yelled.

"Who will do what?" Matt asked.

"Nothing I'm just going to leave a note."

"I'll go with you." Matt said. I didn't get to say a word before he was out of the house. I nodded and walked out of his house and to mine. I opened the door to my house and stepped in.

"Wait here." I said to Matt. I walked into the kitchen and wrote a note on the to do list.

"Well who do we have here?" I heard someone chuckle. I looked over to see Frank.

"I'm staying at my friend's house tonight. I'm gonna go." I said walking away, but Frank grabbed my arm.

"Let her go." Matt said walking into the kitchen, "Come on." I nodded and walked out of my house. We walked back into his house and saw that everyone was already asleep.

"Here's the guest room." Matt said pointing to it. I nodded and went inside.

"I'll get you some boxers to change into and stuff to clean your stomach." He said walking out. I sat on the bed and slowly slipped my shoes off.

"Hey why don't you change into a pair of my old gym shorts and one of my shirts. Here." He said handing then to me. I nodded and slipped off my pants to replace them with his shorts.

"Before you get your shirt on lets clean the cuts. Lay down on the bed."

"Ok." I said as I laid down.

He tipped the alcohol on my stomach and wiped them. I bit my lip from the siring pain. A tear went down my face.

"I'm sorry just let me finish." He said. I nodded.

He grabbed the roll of gauze and motioned for me to stand up. I did and he made me stand in between his legs as he wrapped the gauze around my stomach. After he was down he rested one of his hands on the gauze and other on my hip.

"There you go." He said standing up and handing memy his shirt.

"Thank you Matt." I said slipping it over my head with him helping me. He nodded and hugged me as I let a few more tears drop.

"Like I said I'm here if you need me. My room is just across the hall."

"Ok."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Huh?"

"Why did that song mean so much to you?" I put my head down.

"My dad used to sing it before he died." Matt nodded.

"Ok, Well good night Adri."

"Night Matt."