We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

This is a promise

Adri's P.O.V

"I wonder why this creep is making us go to a masquerade? I mean this is just ridiculous. Could he not come up with anything better?" I complained as we walked into Wicked Chambers.

"I think it's because no one will be able to see each others faces. So if he's talking to us then there's no way we'll be able to know." Tara said as she shivered, and I don't think it's the cold.

"Good point." I said as I walked up to the desk, "Why isn't Lillian here?"

"The note said that he was going to deliver her mask to her room. Something about it being from a different store in an out of town warehouse." Tara replied.

"Hi we're here to pick up a package for Matthew Sanders." Alexis said as she placed her sunglasses on top of her head. The lady at the front nodded before walking into the back.

"Something tells me this is gong to be a stressful few days." Tara said as she shook her head.

"Yeah, but at least we get to go shopping." I said as I laughed.

"True true." Tara answered back.

"I thought you guys didn't like to shop?" Alexis said as she shook her head at us.

"Well sometimes you have to shop to take your mind off of stuff." I replied as the lady came back out.

"Here you are. It's already been paid for in advanced by Mr. Sanders." We thanked her and walked out of the store with confused look on our faces. What did she mean Mr. Sanders paid for it? Matt's had his card unless someone took it and used it. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head as I saw the mall approaching. I stepped out of the car as Alexis's parked it and headed to Madison Bleu. Alexis handed me my mask.

"Base your dress off of your mask." She said as she shrugged. I nodded before looking at my mask. It was a mask that I could mix any colors with. It was a a light tan with music notes on pieces of it. I put it back in the bag and started to look around the store for the dress that would just make my eyes go wide. I looked over to see that Alexis was looking at some red dresses.

"Oh hey Adri!" Lillian said as she walked up to me.

"What are you doing here? Tara just told me that you had to wait for your mask."

"Well after you guys left I found it sitting on Johnny's bed."

"Oh. So how long have you been here?"

"Like two hours." She said huffing.

"Still haven't found a dress?"

"Nope!" She replied laughing.

"What color's your mask?"

"Straight black." I nodded before looking trough all of the dresses. If it's black then any color will match. `

"Guys why don't we get our hair done after this?" Alexis asked as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Sounds good." Tara replied. She was looking around the purple dresses.

"Your mask purple Tara?" I asked as she looked at me.

"Yeah, but from what I've seen not a lot of these are popping out and saying 'Take me home and make Brian drool'" We all laughed at her description before looking through the racks with her. I saw a purple dress that made my jaw drop. It was simple yet beautiful. It was the perfect dress for her. It had a purple belt type of thing under the bust that would make it hugged her curves and a deep v-neck that would make Brian go crazy. It floated out slightly and hung all the way down to the ground.

"You have to try this one on." I said as I held it up.

"I know I was thinking about that one. I'm going to try these on too." She said as she held up two others. I nodded as I walked over to the red dresses where Alexis was standing.

"Adri what about this dress?" LIllian asked as she held up a bright green dress that had a deep v-neck. Like went to her belly button deep and had pieces of fabric attached to a strain of fake diamonds holding the middle closed.

"No. that color won't look right on you." She nodded before hanging it back up.

"Lillian what about this one?" I asked as I felt up a black one with tiny red polka dots on it. It had black flower lace that covered the red and black fabric around the bust and around her knees. I knew it would fit perfectly on her. She squealed and grabbed it from me before running into the dressing room.

"What color is your mask?" I asked Alexis as I searched for her dress.

"It's black. So any color can go with it." I nodded before looking around the store. Tara had yet to come out so. I think I'm ok for the time being. I saw a black dress that was sticking out from the rest. I picked it up and saw that it was strapless and had beaded neckline and a beaded waistline. It had a slit going from the floor to the middle of the thigh and had a thin layer of see-through black fabric resting on top of the bottom.

I ran it back over to here and showed her. I think her jaw just hit the ground. Tara walked out of the dressing room to show us one of the dresses she chose. This one was a deep v-neck with ruffles. Me and Alexis shook our heads before she nodded and walked back in. Alexis walked back to try on her dress while I sat in chair next to the waiting room. I had yet to see a dress that just made my jaw drop.

While they were changing I started to think. I really want to know who this guy is. Everyone keeps saying it's Trent and Lillian, but I don't think it is. I mean what have we done to them for them to do this. I mean a few fights in high school yeah, but what about me? What did me, Alexis or Tara do? It makes no sense for them to go against us. So if it's not them who is it? Some one from high school that still has a grudge? No. I can't think of anyone. Frank? Wouldn't put it past him. Maybe it is him, but how would he know these secrets. What are the secrets? If mines out why am I still in the sick game he's playing? I was pulled out of my thoughts, but the sound of a door closing.

"I didn't like the other one on me." Tara said as she spun around in her dress, "It makes me feel like a princess." Me and Alexis laughed as we shook our heads.

"Well then we should buy you a tiara." I said as I smiled at her.

"Really?"

"Really." I said as looked over they're dresses. Alexis's hugged her curves and made her look amazing. The black brought out her pale sink and made it glow, but in a good way. Tara's look absolutely perfect on her. It was elegant, but still had her style mix with it. Lillian walked out and showed us the dress I had picked out for her.

"Man I'm going to have to steal you from Johnny!" I claimed as I looked at her.

"You guys really think it looks ok?" She asked. I knew she was always self-conscious. You could kind of see the scars from where she had gotten into the car accident when she was younger.

"You look amazing." Tara said as she nodded.

"But you can see my scars." She said as she turned around slightly.

"We can get you a shrug or shawl." Alexis said.

"You guys have to get those dresses." I said as I walked over and grabbed the price tag on it and grabbed it off as I walked to the front desk making both girls gasp. I laughed before the lady looked at me.

"I'd like to buy the three dresses my friends have on. Here are the tags." I said as I handed them to her.

"That's $1118 dollars please." I handed her my card and signed the paper as I finalized my purchase. All three girls walked out with their dresses back in the bags.

"You didn't buy those did you?" Tara asked with a slight whine adorning her Southern accent. I laughed and nodded before walking out of the store before they could stop me.

"Why don't we go get out hair done now?" I said as I walked over to Fantastic Sams. They nodded as we walked in.

"Hello ladies what can I help you with today?" The lady at the counter asked.

"Umm..All four of us need our hair done." Alexis replied. She nodded before calling four people up to help us. We all walked back and took our places in our chairs. I decided to get a few inches taken off and have the top dyed blond with blue streaks and under it had my natural dark brown. She started to cut off a few inches to ge rid of the dead ends when Lillian called me.

"Hey Adri?" Lillian called over from where she was getting her hair done.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember when you were expelled from school because you got blamed for pulling the fire alarm?"

"Yeah. I didn't even do it. Matt got blamed too if I remember. Who ever did that I'm going to kill them. I got so much crap from Frank because of that. My mom believed me, but Frank didn't. The picture Matt found was from the night."

"Haha has anyone ever told you what Jimmy did when he worked at his old job at a jean store?"

"No what did he do?" I asked. Now I'm not a nosy person, but I had to hear what one of my best friends did.

"He was selling a pair of unisex jeans to a couple, well I can't say couple more like a three way group." She said as she started to laugh.

"What do you mean by three way group?" Tara asked.

"It was a couple that consisted of two guys and a girl. The guys were huge. Like Matt and Brian huge. Neither Adri or Tara need to add to that comment either," She said making me giggle and Tara laugh, "Anyways he was asking if they wanted to see the new unisex pants, but instead of saying unisex he was bisexual and one of the guys went off. He kept trying to apologize, but the guy still ran him out of the store and into the Starbucks I was working at." We all started laughing at the image of Jimmy running from a large buff guy for saying that simple sentence.

"There has to be some stories about the rest of the guys."

"Umm...Zacky was banned from the Mall for like two months because he was making out with some chick in the Hot Topic changing rooms. bad thing was they were in their under wear because they were both trying things on. Needless to say the manager caught them and took their cloths so they had to walk around the mall in their underwear. Not like Zacky minded at all. It was just the little friend he ad that embarrassed him. Thank god Matt gave him his jacket."

"I want to hear about my boyfriend!" I yelled.

"Matt was helping this kid out a while back because he lost his mom and dad. Sounds innocent right well. The kid was so afraid of heights that when Matt picked him up he threw up all over Matt. So Matt, being the kind guy he is just took off his shirt and picked the kid up again this time he just balanced him on his hip. Well the little kid split his apple juice down the front of Matt's pants. The little kid started to cry and Matt tried to calm him down. When he finally found his mother she threw her water in his face because she thought he was hitting on her boyfriend." I laughed so hard that nearly fell out of the chair. The lady doing my hair was doubled over in laughter.

I sighed as the lady turned me around so I could see my hair. I was in love. It was perfect. I walked up to the front desk where the other two girls were paying for their hair.

Alexis's hair was now black and the front was dyed pink, but it looked like it was fade or washed out and faded into a blond. She hadn't had it cut since her hair was still kind of short.

Tara really didn't so anything to her hair except get her roots fixed and dyed the pink, a deep purple with a few streaks of black.

Lillian decide to go blond with red and black streaks.

"What day is it?" Tara asked.

"Friday." I replied.

"No the date."

"Umm...December 29. Holy hell we past Christmas." Lillian said laughing.

"And my birthday." She said as she laughed.

"I guess we were so caught up with all of this that we completely forgot about everything else." Alexis replied.

"Let's go get lunch and then we can go find a dress for Adri." Tara said as she pulled us towards Subway. Why is it that we always come to Subway when we come to the mall?

Once we finished with lunch we walked around a bit more before I had given up hope of finding my dress and just settling on any other dress. I walked past Ladonna. Me and the girls walked in and saw that they had a far collection of dresses. I walked over to one rack and started to look through them. Tara and Alexis came running over to me holding a mint colored dress that was a halter top and had a beaded pattern. It swiped the ground as I picked it up out of their hands.

"Go try it on." Tara said. I nodded and walked back into the dressing room. I quickly changed out of my clothes and into the dress. I looked at my self in the mirror and gasped. It fit just right. Perfectly in the hips and bust. It wasn't too much. It was just right and it kind of matched my hair. I walked out of the dressing room and showed the girls. They both nodded before ushering me into the dressing room to change. I changed out of my dress and back into my dress. Tara smiled at me with a sinister smile.

"What did you do?" I asked as I looked at her.

"She just paid for your dress." Lillian said as she laughed at the dumb-founded look on my face.

______________________________________

"Baby." I heard as someone shook me. I woke up to see the smiling face of none other then Matt.

"Where's everyone at?"

"All the couples went out of separate dates and Zacky went down to the beach."

"Oh." I said as I yawned.

"Baby want to walk down to the beach with me? Maybe go out for dinner and hot chocolate?" Matt asked emphasizing Hot Chocolate. I laughed at him before nodding.

"Sure baby Let me get changed." I ran upstairs I changed into my ankle length skirt whit linen and my whie short sleeve shirt that looked like it had been wrapped around the front of my body and had a shrug added in. I slipped on my white platform pumps before walking back down stairs to be greeted with Matt who was wearing a black button up shirt and a pair of black slacks.

"You look beautiful." He said as he took my hand and lead me outside.

"You had this planed didn't you?" He smiled before nodding his head.

"Yeah we all wanted to have one more night before all of this goes down because we don't know what's going to happen."

"That's really sweet." I said as I wrapped my arm around his waist. He wrapped his hand around my shoulder before grabbing a hold of my hand on that side. I laid my head on his shoulder as we walked farther down the beach.

"Why don't you take off your shoes because your slipping." He said as I laughed and took them off. He took them out of my hands and carries them until we reached a rock. He turned me around and pulled out his white silk tie.

"Your getting blindfolded." I nodded knowing it's better not to argue. I felt him grab my hips making me set my hands on his. He walked me over to what felt like a wooden platform. I felt him remove his hands from my waist and walk somewhere. I heard him talking to someone before I heard the shuffling of feet. I felt someone place their hands on my shoulders. I knew it wasn't Matt because the hands were slightly smaller. I freaked slightly.

"Calm down Adri it's just me." I heard Zacky say, "I need you to close your eyes and open them when I say ok?" I calmed down and nodded. I felt him remove the cloth from my eyes, but place his hand where the cloth was. I was really wondering what Matt was up to by now. Zacky removed his hand and told me to open my eyes. I gasped at the site. We were on a wooden platform that was outlined by candles. There were white and black rose petals tossed around the platform except a path that led to a table that was sitting in the middle. It had a white table cloth with a candle lantern sitting in the middle.

"Oh my god Matt." I said as tears came to my eyes. I've never had anyone do something like this for me.

"My lady if you'll sit here please." Zacky said as he sat me on a chair. Matt sat behind a small piano making me question what he was doing before Zacky sat down with his guitar. Soon a tone came out that I didn't recognize.

"I wrote this the night you got into the car accident, but I never thought I would be able to sing it to you." He said before he started to sing.

Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make
and that feeling of doubt, it's erased.
I'll never feel alone again with you by my side,
you're the one and in you i confide.
And we have gone through good and bad times, but your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me, and your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you. I give my heart,
'cause nothing can compare in the this world to you.
And we have gone through good and bad times, but your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me, and your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you. I give my heart,
'cause nothing can compare in the this world to you.
I give my heart to you. I give my heart, 'cause nothing can compare in this world to you.


Tears fell from my eyes as Zacky came over and kissed me on the cheek before walking away.

"Like it?" Matt asked as he walked over to where I was sitting. I tried to wipe my eyes and answer, but my voice got caught in my throat. I just nodded before I hugged him tightly causing him to hug me just as tight if not tighter.

"I was hoping you would and you wouldn't think I was some kind of freak."

"I couldn't ever thing of you like that." I said as I kissed him.

"Do you want to eat dinner?" He asked as he pulled the cover off the tray to show that he had cooked Spaghetti, "Zacky's mom helped me out a little bit."

"Oh my god baby that was so good." I said as I finished.

"There's one last thing I want to do before I grab the hot chocolate." He said as he got up and walked over to his bag that Zacky brought. He grabbed something out before running back over to me. He knelled down before me and brought out a little black box.

"Now before i open this I want to say that I'm not proposing, but this is a promise that if we make it through all of this that one day I will marry you. It may not be now. Or even ten years from now, but I will marry you if it's the last thing I do. I pray to god that its not though." He said as I giggled. He opened the box for me to see a white gold ring with two cushion shaped peridot gems being separated by a small row of three diamonds and a peridot oval shape gem. It was perfect.

"I asked Trent and Jimmy to help me find this while you shopped. I wanted this to truly touch your heart. The peridot, haha yeah I know the name of them, is the birthstone of September, which is your parents birth month. Now I know that the peridot isn't the modern birthstone for September, but it was once the traditional. I wanted to make sure that you had a reminder of your parents besides just memories and even when we get married I never want this ring off your finger. Now I sound demanding." He said as he started to ramble, but I laughed and cut him off by kissing him.

"I love it. Thank you so much." He smiled and grabbed two cups and filled them with hot chocolate and grabbed a blanket before warping git around himself and pulling me onto the floor with him as we watched the waves crash against the shore.

Tara's P.O.V

Me and Brian quietly walked around Huntington's Park before he stopped at the fountain that was outlined by red candles. I laughed as I saw a small radio and a blanket set out. Zacky walked away as he saw us come up. Brian walked over to the blanket making me sit on his lap, being careful of my skirt, as he pulled out none other then Hersey's bar with almonds and a couple bottle of coke. He set those down as he grabbed out two wine glasses. I fixed my shirt. For it being winter it was pretty warm out.

"Mr. Gates you had this planned."

"Sure did. See me and all of the guys, except Zacky since he's a lonely old guy-"

"Aren't you older then him?" I asked with my eyebrow slightly crooked.

"Hush up. And yes! Anyways. We wanted to make sure that we all got to spend one last night together if something really goes wrong. We never know what's going to happen at this ball thing."

I nodded knowing it was the sad truth. We could die and we wouldn't even see it coming.

"So I planned this and wanted to give you something, but that's later." I heard the radio turn on and Guns 'N Roses Patience came through.

"Nice choice Zack!" Brian yelled. We heard a muffled 'I know' come out before we heard his feet running down the path.

"Is he helping everyone tonight?" I asked as Brian stood up.

"Yep and he's late to help Jimmy. May I have this dance?" I took his hand and let him pull me up as he pulled me to his chest. He started to sing along with the words softly:

1,2,1,2,3,4
(whistle)
Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt
You're in my heart now

Said, woman, take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said, sugar, make it slow
And we come together fine
All we need is just a little patience
(patience)
Mm, yeah

I sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now
I'll wait, dear
Sometimes I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love
There's one more thing to consider

Said, woman, take it slow
And things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said, sugar, take the time
'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes
To make it, We won't fake it,
I'll never break it
'cause I can't take it

...little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah
Need some patience, yeah
Could use some patience, yeah
Gotta have some patience, yeah
All it takes is patience,
Just a little patience
Is all you need *

I been walkin' the streets at night
Just tryin' to get it right
Hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like
Being stuck in the crowd
And the streets don't change
But baby the name
I ain't got time for the game
'cause I need you
Yeah, yeah, but I need you
Oo, I need you
Whoa, I need you
Oo, all this time


Tears ran down my face as his voice faded out with the song. I felt him dig into his pocket before he pulled out something. I stared down at the little black box before he opened it to reveal a white gold ring purple gem with the metal making half hearts kind of on the outer sides of it. Two small diamonds were placed on the metal making it shine beautifully.

"We haven't haven't been dating long, but this is a promise that after all of this is over with that I will marry you. I can't picture my life without you and that scares me. I'll be honest, but I'm willing to do anything to make you happy and to be with you for as long as I can. So Tara will you promise that you'll stay with me and not break my heart?" I nodded unable to find my voice and let him slip the ring on my finger, "Hehe I got it in purple because not only is is a really pretty color on you. It's mine and your favorite." I smiled at him before placing a kiss on those lips I love.


Alexis's P.O.V

Jimmy pulled me out of the house making my night gown fly up slightly (Yeah I was in my night gown, but I had my long trentch coat over it now) and down to the brick wall where we first met. Zacky walked out with a Jimmy's acoustic guitar and handed him it before running away.

"I'm off to find Johnny!" He yelled as he ran. We laughed before Jimmy started playing a soft tone. I recognize it as Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. It was the song at was playing at the diner on our first date.

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need.
I love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do..
I will be strong I will be faithful
'Cos I'm counting on a new beginning.
A reason for living.
A deeper meaning.

I want to stand with you on a mountain.
I want to bathe with you in the sea.
I want to lay like this forever.
Until the sky falls down on me...

And when the stars are shining brightly
In the velvet sky,
I'll make a wish
Send it to heaven
Then make you want to cry..
The tears of joy
For all the pleasure and the certainty.
That we're surrounded
By the comfort and protection of..
The highest power.
In lonely hours.
The tears devour you..
I want to stand with you on a mountain,
I want to bathe with you in the sea.
I want to lay like this forever,
Until the sky falls down on me...
Bridge

Oh can't you see it baby?
You don't have to close your eyes
'Cos it's standing right before you.
All that you need will surely come...

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need.
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do...


"I know this isn't as romantic as the rest of the guys, but I couldn't really think of anything at the time." He said with a sheepish grin. I laughed that's so like Jimmy to just come out with the truth, "But I want to to give you something. This ring is my promise that when ever we get through with the awful crap that we'll get married and have ten little Jimmys running around the house driving you insane as I just add to it. That I'll make sure you're by my side as I rock out on stage and we leave the kids with your parents and leave on a three month tour. So baby promise me that you'll stick by my side no matter what." I nodded as I kissed him making my tears mix with his, "I was so afraid you were going to reject me."

"I could never. yeah your hard to handle, but I love you and because of that I'll deal with you. Plus who else is going to take your stubborn and crazy ass?"

"Not very many baby. Not very many at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is so late. But I hope it was worth it. Because my fingers hurt. Lillian's date will be in my next one as a flashback. It will also be the first part of when they find out who this is!

Adri's song was Warmness On The Soul by A7X by the way.

Adri's hair= http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizzie_is_a_robot/1356913309/sizes/o/

Alexis' hair= http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Q3HX76dP4j44moRwswGGKQ%3D%3D