We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

The Pain Of Destroying The Things You Love

MATT'S P.O.V (THE NIGHT BEFORE)

"Here's the guest room." I said pointing to it.

"I'll get you some boxers to change into and stuff to clean your stomach." I said walking out.

While I was out of the room I thought about when she screamed in pain. She seemed scared when I told her I was going to take a look and when I looked down I saw that she was bleeding through her white shirt slightly. I sighed and grabbed my shirt from gym in high school and a pair of my gym shorts from like three years ago. They should fit her. Probably a little too big though. I sighed and got up and walked back into her room.

"Hey why don't you change into a pair of my old gym shorts and one of my shirts. Here." I said as I handed them to her.

She nodded and slipped off her pants to replace them with my shorts. How is she so comfortable with taking off her clothes in front of me? She looked a little hesitant about taking off her shirt, but did none the less. I saw the gauze wrapped around her stomach.

"Before you get your shirt on lets clean the cuts. Lay down on the bed." I said as I pulled the gauze away from the cuts. There were horrible. It looked like her skin was torn. I gasped at the sight and she looked down at the ground before she laid down. She looked embarrassed. She looked ashamed. Yet she looked kind of happy that someone was taking care of her. But most of all she looked hurt.

"Ok." She said as she laid down.

I tipped the alcohol on her stomach and gently wiped the dried blood from them. It looked like she had cleaned them before. I looked up and saw she was biting her lip from the pain. A tear went down her face and guilt immediately rose in my chest. I caused the tear. I wiped away before looking back down at her.

"I'm sorry just let me finish." I said as she nodded.

I grabbed the roll of gauze and motioned for her to stand up. She did, but it looked like she had trouble. I made her stand in between my legs as I wrapped the gauze around her stomach. After I was done I rested one of my hands on the gauze and other on her hip.

"There you go." I said standing up and handing her my shirt.

"Thank you Matt." She said as I slipped it over her head and helped get her hands through it.

I nodded and hugged her as I felt her let a few more tears drop.

"Like I said I'm here if you need me. My room is just across the hall." I said as I kissed the top of her head.

"Ok."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked kind of wanting to know why she was crying during the song.

"Huh?"

"Why did that song mean so much to you?"

"My dad used to sing it before he died." I nodded and felt another ping of guilt through my chest.

"Ok, well good night Adri." I said as I covered her up.

"Night Matt." She said as I slipped through her door. I walked down to my room and sat on my bed before getting back up. I grabbed clothes and walked into the bathroom before starting the shower. I quickly took a shower and got dressed before walking back to my room. I stopped and walked back a few steps to Adri's room. I walked back into her room to see she was asleep and the covers were pulled down slightly and she was shivering. I walked back into her room and covered her up.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead before whispering, "You're amazing. No one's going to hurt you here. I won't let them. What ever those cuts are from it won't be a problem anymore. You're safe. Night Adri." I said as I kissed her forehead again and walked back to my room.

I laid down on my bed and tossed and turned for about an hour before I gave up and walked outside and sat down on my lawn chairs. I sat there thinking for hours. Or it seemed.
About today. About Adri's cuts. Who is this guy? How does he know about my secret? Only Zacky and Jimmy know? Ugh I'm going to kill this guy when I find him for freaking me out! In other news...What were those gashes on Adri's stomach from? There was 1971 imprinted in the skin! It had to be a class ring. My mom and her mom graduated together in 1976 so it wasn't her's. If who ever did it graduated at maybe the age of 18 which would put them at roughly...46. The only one over there that looks like they are around 46 is...FRANK!

"Hey man what are you doing outside?" Jimmy asked stepping outside and snapping me
out of my thoughts.

"Just thinking." I replied.

"About?"

"The gashes on her stomach. Jimmy 1971 was imprinted in her flesh. you have to see it."

"Dude she's asleep."

"You have to see it Jimmy."

"Alright let's go." I nodded and we both walked back into her room.

I walked over to her bed and pulled the covers down slowly so I didn't wake her and pulled
the bandage down slightly enough for him to see.

"Turn the light on." I whispered as I covered her eyes lightly so the light wouldn't wake her up.

"That's what she screamed about when we were walking?"

"Yeah. She scared me so much when she screamed. Turn the lights back out." I said as he
turned the lights off.

I covered her side and covered her back up before kissing her forehead, and walking out of the room.

"Hey Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"When that song was playing why was Adri crying?"

"She said it was the song that her dad used to sing before he died."

"This is freaking me out."

"I know man, I know." I said sighing and resting my head against the wall.

"How did that guy know about me and that song? How does he know our secrets?" Jimmy asked sighing as a tear fell down his cheek.

"I really wish I knew Jimmy."

"I haven't heard that song since that day. Matt you know about that day. I never wanted to remember that day! I hate my self every time I remember that day!" He yelled punching the wall. He continued to punch the walls making a nice hole in it as Zacky slipped his head out of the door.

"What's wrong with him?"

"I got him don't worry about it." I said grabbing Jimmy's arms and pinning them to his side and pulling him away from the wall.

"Jimmy stop." I said looking at his knuckles that were already starting to bleed, "Come on let's go wrap these." I said pushing him into the bathroom. I sighed and grabbed the things out and pulled his hand over the sink before pouring the alcohol on it.

"Aha Matt that hurt!" He said biting his lip.

"Stop being a baby. You've been in so many fights yet you're complaining over this?"

"It hurts." He said. I sighed and wrapped a bandage over his knuckles.

"Go to bed Jimmy." I said walking out of the bathroom.

I went back to my room and laid down trying to get back to sleep, however could I do that? NO! Why make things easy for once? I sighed and rolled over a few more times before looking at my clock. 4:45 I got out of bed to check on the house like I do most nights, but since this guy is threatening us I'm more worried then ever. I got up and walked to Adri's room to make sure she was asleep. When I looked in there I noticed she was gone. I started freaking out. I heard someone close the back door. I saw Brian walk back into the hall with Adri in his arms.

"She fell asleep outside." I nodded and walked back to my room where I fell asleep for the finial time tonight.

++++++++++++++++

ADRI'S P.O.V

"What does that say and why do you have a rock?" Jimmy asked.

"It said I have to throw this rock through Vengeance Photo's window." We all stayed silent.

"That's my work! That's where I model! That's where I'm a photographer! That's my escape! Why would he do this?" I yelled breaking down.

"It'll be ok Adri." Brian said swinging and arm around me and pulling me into a hug. I
wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him back.

"Since when did you guys become so friendly towards each other?" Zacky asked.

"Since I found her in the backyard asleep and realized that we're in this together whither I like it or not." Brian replied.

"You fell asleep out there?" Jimmy asked.

"After you left I guess I did."

"Ok...Um let's get our mind off of this for a little bit. Adri why don't you go take a shower and then we'll go pick everyone up from work and school and go out for pizza?" Matt said.

"I need to go get my clothes from my house." I said standing up.

"I'll go with you." Jimmy said. I nodded and walked out the door. When I looked at my house I saw Frank car in the driveway. Well I need clothes so I guess I have to go in.

"It'll be ok Adri. I'm not letting you out of my sight." Jimmy said hugging me.

I nodded and walked into my house. I opened my door and saw Frank sitting in a chair passed out. I quickly walked up to my room and grabbed my clothes before he woke up and ran back out of the door.

"Oh hey honey. I saw the note this morning. Are you leaving again?" My mom asked as soon
as I stepped outside again.

"Um..Yeah me and Jimmy have to work on a project for Vengeance Photos so I'll be home in a few days or so."

"Ok dear Have a nice time." She said walking back into the house. We walked back to Matt's house and walked in.

"There's a towel in the bathroom from when I took a shower. It's still clean so you can use that." Brian said.

"Ok. Thanks." I said walking to the bathroom and starting the shower. When the water was just where I wanted it I stripped from my dirty clothes and stepped in the shower letting the water douse my skin. While I was washing I started to sing Cemetery Gates by Pantera. When I finished I got out and dried my body off still singing but this time Nothin But A Good
Time
by Poison. I dried my hair and put on my make up before walked out of the bathroom to see all of the guys staring at me.

"What?" I asked as they all looked at me.

"You have a really pretty voice." Brian said gawking.

"That's not all Brian. I can play drums and guitar." I said in a cocky tone of voice.

"You'll have to show me sometime." Zacky said.

"Show you what?" I asked confused of what he just said.

"Playing guitar."

"Ok."

"Well let's go pick everyone up and go out for pizza. Because I don't know about you guys but I'm starving." Brian said rubbing his stomach.

"Are you guys ever not hungry?" I asked.

"Are we guys?" Zacky asked.

"I know the rest of the guys are, but I'm not to sure about you Zacky." I said laughing. The guys just laughed.

"Would you like me to prove it?"

"No thanks." I said walking away.

"He's a guy...just small." Jimmy said laughing.

"Hey! I am not small. I'm Italian!" Zacky said.

"Hey so am I, and Trent's from Italy."

"Really."

"Yes sir I am." Trent said.

"Hey lets go. Like I said I'm hungry!" Brian said sending me into a fit of laughter. I nodded and walked out of the house to see Frank.

"Your mom wants you home." He said as he smiled a sinister smile.

"My mom just said that I could stay with Jimmy for the next few days because I have a project to work on for Vengeance Photos."

"Yeah well she just called and said that she wanted you home."

"Really? Because when I walked out she was walking back in."

"Well she had to go back to work."

"Then why don't I just call her." I said pulling out my phone and dialing Brian's phone number to scare him.

Brian's phone went off playing Walk by Pantera.

"Excuse me it's Papa Gates." He said walking away.

"Hello?" I heard him ask. I waited for a few more seconds.

"Mama?" I said.

"Well that's not what most people call me, but what ever floats your boat."

"Hey I was just calling to see if you wanted me to go home?...No Frank just came over and
told me you wanted me to come home."

"Did you know that your ass looks really nice from back here?"

"Ok I'll talk to you tomorrow Mama." I said as I tried to control my laughter.

"She said she didn't want me home and said to have a good time at Jimmy's." He snarled and walked away and I let out the laugh that had been building up in my body.

"What are you laughing at?" Matt asked.

"Brian you perv!!" I yelled as he walked back into the room.

"What can you blame me for complementing your ass?" He said with a sly smile.

"I should have known." Jimmy said laughing.

"Come on Alexis, Lillian and Johnny are probably wanting to know where we are." Matt said pushing everyone out of the house.

"Should we take one or two cars?" Brian asked.

"With the people we have two." Jimmy said walking over to his.

"Ok."

"Hey Adri?" Matt asked.

"Yeah."

"Ride in my car please." He whispered in my ear.

Can you imagine chills I got as his breath his my ear?

"Ok." I said as I walked to his car with him following.

We got in and Brian got into the back.

The car ride was silent until we picked up Johnny and Nothing Else Matters by Metallica started playing through the speakers.

I started singing and Johnny looked at me like I was insane.

"By the way Johnny-boy she's really good at singing." Brian said laughing. Matt's phone went off.

"Hello?...Yeah Ok...Ok...Yes Mrs. Seward he can live with me...Yes I'll knock some sense into him for you...Ok. Goodbye."

"What was that about and was that my mom by any chance?" Johnny said from the back looking a little nervous.

"Yeah we need to go pick up your stuff. You're living with me from now on."

"Why?"

"Because you decided to get into another fight and she's had it with you. She wants me to knock some sense into you and she knows I'll take better care of you then she does."

"Oh...Ok." He said a little sad. I decided that what ever happens it must not be good.

"Um So what type of pizza are we going to get?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Um...How about Pepperoni?" Brian said catching my drift.

"Thank you." Matt mouth to me. I nodded showing I heard him and rested my hand on top of his and smiled. He smiled back showing those extremely cute dimples. Um...Did I say extremely cute? Oh on I can't be falling for him. All though I already did say I liked him, but at this time! No!

"You ok there Adri?" Brian asked.

"Huh?"

"You looked like you were having an argument with your self and you were losing."

"Oh yeah sorry. I was just thinking." I said blushing.

_____________________________

"So Adri what type of music do you listen to?" Alexis asked while we were eating pizza.

"Pantera, Metallica, Poison, ACDC, Rancid, Drop Kick Murphys, Social Distortion, Arch Enemy bands like that."

"Hey Adri?" Trent asked.

"What?"

"When we get home do you want me to finish your tattoo?"

"Sure."

"You have a tattoo?" Brian asked.

"I have a two."

"What are they?"

"I have a reaper on my back that is going to have Do Not Fright The Reaped in Greek under it and I have my wrist." I said pulling my gloves down so they could see.

"That's awesome." Johnny said.

"Hey do you think you can do Sullivan on my back with a zero under it later tonight?" Jimmy asked.

"Have you seen her tattoos? I mean for all you know she could be horrible at it." Zacky said showing his bitter side.

"Dude she is not bad at them." Jimmy said shaking his head.

"Yeah Jimmy I will." I said as I thought up a design in my head.

"Why don't we head back?" Matt said standing up.

"Ok. Here." I said holding out a twenty to him, "I'll pay for lunch."

"Put it away Adri. You're not paying for it." He said taking it out of my hand and putting it in my pocket.

"Matt let me. I hate it when people pay for my things."

"You have no choice." He said placing the money on the table and walking out.

"Matt!" I yelled following him.

"What Adri?"

"Why won't you let me pay?!"

"Because I have cash. I don't want you to pay."

"Or is it because you feel like a charity case?" I asked looking at him.

"Alright you got me. How did you know?"

"Same thing with me."

________________________

"Ow Adri!" Jimmy yelled as I hit a tender spot on his back. Yep I was tattooing the Sullivan with a zero under it right now.

"Sorry Jimbo." I said wiping the blood from the tat.

"It's cool."

"Ok now stop moving." I said laughing, "Hey Brian can you put Walk on?"

"Yeah!"

"Hey Trent?" I heard Zacky ask.

"Yeah dude?"

"You said you can tattoo right?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think you can tattoo Vengeance on my back where Jimmy's getting his done?" He asked.

"Why Vengeance?" I asked looking up from Jimmy's back that was almost done.

"It's my stage name." I looked at him confused.

"I know you guys were in a band because you guys are one of my favorites, but why Vengeance?" I said looking at him confused yet again. They all smirked at me saying that they are one of my favorite bands.

"During school I had a lot of people and I want to be the person that's successful that people look down on and I can basically say 'Ha Fuck you. You made my life miserable and now I'm richer and more famous then you and I get to look how I want!"

"Makes sense."

"Hey Adri don't you have a band?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah, but we took a break for a little while whole we're working to get up enough money to move into an apartment. God I miss it."

"What did you play?" Brian asked.

"Drums and I scream. Lillian is bassist. Trent's our lead guitarist and singer and we have a kid named Aiden as our rhythm guitarist. "

"You have this demon screaming voice." Brian said walking up to me, "If you hear her in concert you wouldn't think that it's her. It's kind of like Jimmy's."

"My voice is nowhere compared to his. His is so much better."

"Her voice kind of reminds me of Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy." Jimmy said.

"You all are crazy." I said as I finished
Jimmy‘s tattoo. I wiped it off.

"Here." I said as I pulled him off of his chair. He walked to the bathroom and I heard him yell, "I love it!" I smiled before being picked up off the ground and spun around.

"How much do I owe you?" He asked.

"I don't charge my friends." I said as I kissed his cheek, "Plus you're doing a lot already."

He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Don't let Alexis scratch it up tonight though." I said winking at her. She blushed a red so deep that I think she invented a new color.

"I'll try not to." he said as she hit him in the chest. All the guys laughed and I shook my head.

"Hey Matt do you have any saran wrap?"

"Um yeah just give me a second." He came back and I cut a piece off and put it on his back and taped it up with medical tape.

__________________________

The rest of the day went like that until it was 11:00. I sighed and got up to follow the guys out of the house.

"You ok Adri?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah...just thinking." I said.

"We'll take my car." Matt said taking my hand and pulling me to his car. I jumped into Matt's car and laid my head against the car window. I closed my eyes for a bit and didn't open them until I felt the car stop. Matt set his hand on my thigh and smiled weakly at me. I saw Vengeance Photos before me. I got out of the car and walked to the window before placing my hand on the glass and closing my eyes. My work is one of the few places I have left to escape from Frank. I stared at the window and walked back towards Matt. A tear rolled down my cheek as I walked to the car and got the brick. I thought about it for a long time.

Am I really going to do this?

Am I really going to hurt the place I love?

Am I going to hurt one of my only escapes?

No!


"I can't do it." I said as I fell to my knees, "I can't destroy one of the few places I have to
escape! I can't do!"

"Adri you have to." Johnny said pulling me up.

"No. No she doesn't. Do you honestly think that some guy is going to destroy our stuff?Come on the whole school feared us and wonder why we weren't in the same group. Ok. Adri was the leader of her group. Everyone feared her as a leader and everyone feared me as one. Who in there right mind would screw with us?" Matt said pulling me into a hug.

"No one I guess." Zacky said.

"I mean people are still fearing us and fearing Johnny-boy because of who he hangs out with." Matt said as he laughed which shook my head as I laughed too.

"Come on let's go back to my house." He said leading me to the car.

I got in and sighed and silently prayed Matt was right. He got in and laced his hand with mine. He smiled at me reassuringly. I looked in the back and noticed no one else was getting in, but Johnny.

"They had to go get some things to wear so they took Jimmy's car." I nodded and leaned my head against his shoulder as I closed my eyes. A few moments later I guess he thought I was asleep because he started talking to Johnny. Well more of lecturing him.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah." He asked rather loudly. I shifted slightly and dug my head into Matt's neck as he
wrapped an arm around me.

"Why did you get into the fight?"

"They were talking trash about you guys. About seeing Adri walk into the house and hearing screams come from her house. Calling her a whore and a slut. I couldn't take it anymore. Then they started talking about my family and how my mom was a drunk. I lost it Matt I just lost it."

"I had a feeling that it was something big. You never lose it quickly unless it's something
that you are defending. What about getting you into an independent study program?"

"Where I go in once a week?"

"Yeah."

"Matt I think it would be best."

"Ok. You'll stay out of school. I'll have your mom fill out the papers and sign over
guardianship and you can live with me. Sound like a plan?"

"Thank you Matt."

"No problem Johnny-boy. Besides you turn 17 in two months and you're graduating a year earlier aren't you?"

"Yeah." He unbuckled my seatbelt and picked me up. As he was walking I feel asleep, but I soon felt his arms release me as I felt a bed under me.

"Adri?" He said as he shook me awake.

"Huh?"

"We need to change you into your p.js instead of your shirt and pants."

"Can't you just change me?"

"Huh?" He asked a little more confused the I've ever heard him before and I had him in a math class, which was his worst subject.

"Just change me please. I'm too tired."

"Alright." He said as I felt my pants being unbuttoned. He pulled them off and quickly replaced them with the short I was wearing last night. He kind of sighed before he sat me up.

"Matt do you want me to change my shirt?"

"No I got it." He said as my shirt was being lifted from my body. He replaced it with his shirt I wore the other night.

"Umm...I should actually change the bandages on your stomach."

"Ok." I said as I felt the bed move signaling that he got off before the door shut. I laid down on my back after taking of my bra. Do you know how uncomfortable they are to sleep in? I sighed and closed my eyes before the door reopened. I felt the fabric of my shirt be lifted before the bandages were being pulled off. I winced slightly as I heard his say sorry.

"It's fine."

I felt the cold alcohol being pour on my stomach and a paper towel be set on the side so the
alcohol doesn't spill. He cleaned the cuts before gently rubbing something on it.

"It was to help heal the cuts faster." He said as if reading my mind. I laughed slightly and looked up at him. He was so concentrated on my cuts that he didn't even notice.

I remembered what Jimmy said outside the restaurant the other day "You know I'm having a hard time not telling Matt. Not only because he's the biggest, but because he protects anyone he's friends with." I noticed that now...

I noticed how safe I felt with Matt. How I felt like nothing in the world could get to me. I noticed the worry in his eyes as he cleaned the cuts. But I also noticed how cute he looked. His hair falling in his face slightly. His hazel eyes filled with concern. Him biting his lip. I smiled and he looked down at me.

"What?"

"Thank you." I said sitting up and hugging him.

"For what?"

"Being a friend. Taking care of me. Having me in your home without hesitation."

"I want you to be a friend of mine. I want to get to know you better." I nodded and he finished
wrapping the bandages on my stomach. He leaned down and kissed my forehead before getting ready to walk out of the room.

"Hey Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you stay in here with me? Until I fall asleep at least? I really don't want to be alone."

"Yeah just let me take a shower." He said.

"This might sound a little weird, but can I sit in the bathroom while you shower?"

"If you want." He said a little confused, but agreed none the less. I smiled and got out of bed and followed him into the bathroom.

"Why did you want to come in here with me?" he asked as he started his shower.

"I...I'm scared to be alone." I said. He nodded his head and hugged me.

"We're all scared right now, but don't worry. You have Brian, Johnny. I know he's short, but he
can kick some ass. You have Zacky, but most of all you have me and Jimmy." He said as I laughed. I felt my self being picked up as he set me on the counter. He smiled and took off his shirt.

"Close your eyes." He said with a goofy smirk. I smiled and covered my eyes with my hand. I heard him step into the shower.

"Ok you can uncover them now." I did so.

"So Matt what do you want to know about me?"

"Anything." He said.

"Ummm...I'm 18, but I turn 19...hey in three weeks is my birthday!"

"Really?"

"Yep December 11!"

"That's Zacky's birthday too!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Ok more about you."

"Ok...My favorite color is black. My favorite band is Metallica. I love to cook. I really don't know
what else to say."

"I want to know more dept stuff. Stuff only a few people know. Oh and by the way you're so
cooking for us tomorrow."

"Ok...More dept... Only a few people know...Ahh I have the prefect thing. You can't laugh or
feel bad for me ok?"

"I won't"

"Well my mom isn't my real mom. I was adopted by her when I was 5. Both of my real
parents were murdered while I was at my grandmother's house. Umm.. My mom said that I have a twin brother somewhere out there. She's just not sure where. She told me she didn't get to adopt him in time or she would have adopted both of us, but another family got him before she could. She told me she regrets it everyday that she didn't get to adopt him soon enough."

"Wow really...ummm deep."

"Ok...Now you tell me something."

"Umm...Well my whole family disowned me. And all because of money."

"How so?"

"When my grandmother died when I was about 10 she left 500,000 dollars. After I bought the house and with the money I have because I work I have a little over 250,000 still." He said as he shut off the water as he grabbed a towel and stepped out.

"Does it hurt to be disowned?" I asked.

"Yeah it does. It hurts to know that my family hates me and all over money. I didn't ask for the money. It was just given to me." I got up and hugged him getting slightly wet. He wrapped is arms around me and buried his head into my hair. I pulled away and he looked kind of hurt.

"You need to get dressed." I said smiling.

He nodded and grabbed his boxers slipping them under his towel to put them so I wouldn't see anything, but I covered my eyes still.He laughed and pulled the towel away once he was covered and grabbed my hand and lead me back to the bedroom. He pulled back the covers and motioned for me to get in. I did what he said and climbed in and moved over so he could climb in too. I cuddled into his chest and closed my eyes. He pulled me on top of his bare chest. I smiled and entangled our legs. I smiled again as he started to twist my hair between his fingers. That's one of the things that calm me down when I'm freaked out. I heard him singing a song lightly that I didn't recognize put it was beautiful none the less. With all of that I feel asleep, but not before hearing him say.

"You hide it but I know you're hurting on the inside from everything that's happened to you. Just remember if you ever need me or anyone even if it's just to talk to I'm here and always well be." He said as he kissed me on the head.

I smiled one last time before falling into a deep sleep.