Just Look Up To The Stars, and Believe Who You Are

Nine

Running through the woods, I knew someone was following me; I turned around to see if they were still there only to crash into something hard that made me fall to the ground. As I looked up my eyes locked with blood red eyes starring down at me. Her red hair went far past her shoulders in tight curls, her skin was so pale, and I knew what she was- a vampire.

'You know Bella, where is she?' Her voice dripped with anger, and I scurried to get up- bad idea, she smashed my back into a tree causing me to let out a small scream. My breathing increased rapidly as I racked my minds of reasons she knew that.

'Uh, I d-don't know.' I stammered out, but her hand gripped around my neck tightly starring me dead in the eyes.

'I've been watching you Devyn, now, where is she?' The mystery lady pressed, I gasped barely able to breath- I didn't know this is how I'd die.

'That scar on your arm, that was me-wanting your smell strong and clear.' She stated again, before licking her lips, and demanding I tell her where Bella was.

'I d-don't re-' Her hand grew tighter, and slowly I couldn't breath at all, and I knew the end was near, with one thought of my mind- where was Jacob?


"Devyn!" My eyes shot open to see Jacob sitting next to me on the bed, I sighed, it was just a dream. I sat up slowly, blinking my eyes a few times. Jacob gently placed his hand on my cheek, and made me look at him.

"Morning Jake." I mumbled crossing my arms I ran my finger along my scar, and though about the dream. Is that what Jacob meant that night talking to Sam? My eyes met his, and I sighed standing up making my way towards my window and peering out.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Jacob asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling my back to his chest and placing a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"I had a dream Jacob, it was really weird- but I won't bother you with it." I stated pulling out his grasp and making my way downstairs, I saw Paul sleeping on the couch and kicked him causing him to wake up.

"Morning Paul." I smiled, and he just motioned for me to go away. Jacob stood in the kitchen waiting for me, I sat down across from him and sighed.

"Tell me about your dream Dev." Jacob said sitting across from me at the table, I rested my head in my hands and looked up at him.

"I was running in the forest, and this red haired vampire found me, she told me she gave me my scar, and wanted to know where Bella was- but I didn't know so she strangled me slowly, I woke up before anything happened." I explained causing Jacob to shoot up from his chair, and run to the living room. I heard a loud 'What!?' from Paul as they both rushed back into the kitchen.

"-but Jake, Victoria's…gone." Paul exclaimed as they stood in the kitchen, I looked at them and the confusion washed across my face.

"It could have been a follower Paul-" Jacob stated, and I stood up walking over to them getting their attention.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I hissed, aggravated at them, and Jacob just sighed turning towards me.

"The 'babysitting' and patrolling Devyn, it was because we feared a vampire gave you that cut, and apparently we were right because your dream was basically real." Jacob said, and I just shrugged walking up stairs to shower and change.

Walking back stairs in a pair of jeans, and an old band t-shirt I noticed Jacob invited everyone over- that including the Cullen family. stopping in my tracks at the doorframe of my living room and looked at all of them.

"Uh, Jake?" I asked, and that's when they all noticed me, Jacob rushed to my side slipping his arm around my waist.

"We all needed to talk Dev, so I told them to all come over." He explained, and I just shrugged my shoulders walking over towards window and leaning against the window pane. My eyes scanned across the room and caught a small black haired girl sitting by Edward, her eyes locked with mine, and I quickly looked away.

"I'm going to go sit outside." I told Jacob who was standing next to me, I made my way towards the door only to hear someone following after me. Not even bothering to see who it was I sat on the steps outside the front door, I put my head in my hands and sighed- why me? This was all bullshit- I didn't want to deal with this. I just want to go back to Boston and live a normal life, without fucking vampires and werewolves- since when the hell were fairytales real!?

"Fairytales have been true for awhile Devyn." My head snapped to see Edward sitting next to me, how the hell did he just know what I was thinking- I saw him smile as I remained confused.

"I can read your thoughts Devyn-" He said, and I let my mouth hang open. Oh crap, not so sure I want him to know everything I think- like how his hair makes me laugh, oops.

"Sorry." I mumbled knowing he probably heard my thoughts. I looked at him, and he just sat there.

"Will it ever be normal?" I asked him referring to the whole fairytale situation.

"It won't be normal, but it get's close- once we have this all behind us, you and Jacob will live a basically normal life, except the fact he's a dog." Edward said, and I laughed at the last part, a dog-

"Right, my initials are dog…" I mumbled causing Edward to laugh.

"Seriously?" He asked, and I just nodded.

"Devyn Olivia Grey." I replied, causing him to laugh even more.

"Black and Grey, this is all way to weird." Edward stated, and I laughed this time.

"and you think that's weird-" I laughed, and he just laughed pointing towards my car that sat in the driveway.

"When can I drive her again?" He asked, and I stood up, brushing myself off.

"Never." I mumbled walking back inside, I walked into the living room placing myself on the couch next to Sam, he just placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Everything will be fine kiddo." He said, and I just forced a smile on my face.

If anything turned out like my dream, then that was a lie.

A complete lie.