Status: Working on(:

This Is a Dream

Ty

I hear the front door open and close, sighing I stretch and glance at the Hazel's glowing alarm clock numbers, one pm. I had slept half the day away.

Yawning I grab my jacket that Hazel had thrown on her desk chair, I pull it on and hesitantly cross the floor, careful so I can hear who had come.

Pressing my ear to the door I stifle yet another yawn with my hand, but freeze when I hear footsteps drawing closer.

"Ow!" I yelp, jumping back from the door, rubbing my sore temple.

"Sorry!" Ty yells back, pressing his hand to my head. I flinch and then smile.

"It's okay." I say, gently pushing his hand away.

"Wait," He freezes, "What were you doing that close to the door anyway?" He asks his eyes puzzled.

I grin, "I wasn't spying on you if that' what you think."

"Of course," He laughs and then frowns, "Hazel told me about what happened with your mom."

I shrug, "She made me tell her."

He smiles, "She told me that too."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, guiding me over to the bed and sitting down. He pats the spot next to him and I plop down with a small sigh, pulling on my feet until I'm sitting Indian style.

"Not really," I frown, "She just doesn't understand that I can do I both."

"Can you?" He asks quietly shifting so he faces me head on.

"If you don't want me to dance with you anymore," I pause lowering my voice to a murmur, "Just tell me."

"Callie, of course I want you to dance with me," He places his hand so it touches the tips of my fingers, "I always want to dance with you."

"Ty, what would you say if I told you that I want to quit ballet and join your dance group?" I ask.

"I would tell you that you are crazy," He says quietly, "Ballet is your life."

"It doesn't have to be, I never chose it." My vise raises but I lower it so that Hazel can't hear.

"I can't let you," he says with a sigh moving his hand so that it now covers my own.

"Whose side are you on?" I murmur, yanking away my hand and turning from his gaze.

He stands with a sigh and places his hand on the door frame, without turning around he says, "Callie, I just want you to do what's best for you," He sighs, "I don't want you to lose your mom... like I did,"

I raise my head seconds later but my eyes meet the closed door, I don't go after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, there!
Kind of short, sorry.
Comments?(: