Status: Working on(:

This Is a Dream

Hazel

"Wanna play chicken?" Hazel asks, her, excuse the irony, hazel eyes sparkling. Hazel is a girl that I met at Ty's dance session. She was walking home with me because she lives a few blocks from my house; and quite frankly, I didn't mind the company.

I almost choke as I stare at her, "You’re kidding right?" I ask, yanking my bangs back from my eyes so I can see her face. She doesn’t look like she’s lying. Seriously, why Is it always the small ones that end up endangering my life.

"Nope, it's fun. And the cars never hit you." She says, stepping into the busy main street before I can process what she was doing and stop her.

"Yet, no one has hit you yet." I correct, yanking her back before a car can make a pancake out of her.

"Ugh fine, you're so boring." But she said it differently than Kenzy always said it, more like it was okay for me to be boring because it grounded her. It was nice not having to watch what I said around her, like I had to do with Kenzy, because whatever I said was too safe for her.

Hazel then stops dead on the sidewalk, me barely missing running into her petite frame. "Hey, I'm having a party this weekend, you should come." She says, beaming, almost skipping as she continues down the sidewalk.

How could I safely talk myself out of this?

"Well, you know I usually go to my grandmoth-" I start, lamely. Even I know that this excuse was long overused and should have been retired loooonnngg ago.

Honestly, out of all the excuses and I pick my grandmother. I don't even like my grandmother.

She laughs, "Callie, you're a terrible liar. I'll text you later about what time you should get there. Okay?"

I sigh, and kick a small pebble into the road "Okay." I agree, How was I always getting into these situations?

"Ty will be theree," Hazel sings, as if that made up for a possible future embarrassing moment, and I loudly scoff at her.

"It doesn't matter to whether he will be there or not." I reply, trying hard to not let her see my eyes. It was an accidental habit of mine that whenever I lied, I had a small twitch under my left eye. It had taken Hazel all of five minutes of knowing me to figure that out. She could be freaking Sherlock Holmes with how fast she picks up on things.

"Aha! Your eyes say otherwise" She shrieks after carefully examining my eye. "Why would I care?" I mumble, shifting my backpack, suddenly my dance things has grown increasingly heavy.

"Because you loovve him," She sings, dragging out the words and dancing down the empty sidewalk.

"Shh," I hiss, threatening to slap my hand on her mouth. "I don't love him; anyway, we just met, so how could I like him like that?"

She stops again; I swear that it would take a pack of blood thirsty wolves to keep her moving, "Ever heard of love at first sight?" She asks as I drag on her wrist to keep her moving.

"Yeah, I guess," I answer pathetically.

"Well girl, you got it bad." She laughs and stops at a cute brick house with a wooden gate. It squeaks loudly and she grimaces, "I'll see you at my party, right?" She said peering at my eyes.

Hide the eyes, hide the eyes.

Innocently, I shake my head so my bangs cover my left eye, "Sure." I say.

"It only twitched a little bit, so you better not be lying." She says, swinging the gate shut.

"I'm not," I reply, keeping my bangs in place.

"Good, because Ty will want to see you."

I don't answer and instead start to walk away.

"Callie loves Ty!" Hazel shrieks from behind me. I turn around fast enough to see her dart in her front door and then stick her hand out in a wave, without her watching I wave back and smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah. This chapter has been laying around forever and I figured, eh why not. So here it is. Enjoy(: