‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter Twenty: Emma's POV

I had seen the whole thing with Drew and Kate. Hey, I’m still able to use my mad quiet-ninja skills! Seriously, nobody ever hears me whenever I walk. I’m like an awesome ninja!

But, that’s besides the point! I couldn’t believe it! What in the hell is Drew thinking?! Like as if our family isn’t messed-up enough?! I’m gonna have to talk to him about this!

Luckily, my chance came quick. Drew rounded the corner toward me, and his eyes went visibly wide. “We need to talk.”

“Emma, it’s not what you think!”

“Save it, Drew, just save it. How could you do this to Dinah?! To me?!!!

“Emma … listen … just —”

“NO!!! I DON’T WANNA HEAR IT!!!!” I yell at the top of my lungs, not caring if I just grabbed the entire house’s attention with that single sentence. “Just get your things and leave, Drew.”

“Emma …”

“GO!!!” I felt tears sting my eyes, as I quickly looked away. I walked away from him.

First, drugs. Now, this.

I hate my family.

* * *

I was out by the beach when I saw the boat. I knew who it was before they even docked. Mac and Chase.

Whatever.

As if my life can get any worse.

“Hey, Whore, happy to see me?” Mac growls in my face. I look up at him, a million remarks just on the tip of my tongue.

But, instead, I merely said this, “Do your worst.”

“Gladly,” Mac growls, grabbing me by my arm, “You’re needed else where.”

“Fine.”

Seriously?

“Not like my life can get any worse.”

“Well, this was easier than I thought.” He pulls me over to the boat, just throwing me on it. Big deal.

“Emma!!!” Carl and Drew yells.

I’m pretty sure you know what happens next.

* * *

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Carl yells at me once again.

“I wasn’t. Simple as that,” I say, glaring at him.

“Who the hell were they?!!” Leah asks, full-panic taking over.

“There names are Mac Harley and Chase Lynch.”

Leah’s eyes went wide, obviously remembering the names. “WHAT THE HELL, EMMA!!!! DON’T YOU REMEMBER WHAT THEY DID TO DAD!!!!”

“He’s dead. Who cares,” I snap angrily, “And that’s only half the story.”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Drew asks angrily.

“You don’t know, do you?” I hiss, “Of course you wouldn’t. Why would you? You’ve been avoiding all of us since I was three. I’m surprised you even remember my name, Drew.”

“Watch it, Emma.”

“Why should I? WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY DO TO ME THAT WOULD BE ANY WORSE THAT THE LOAD OF CRAP I CALL LIFE?!!!!” I yell at him. “YOU DON’T KNOW ME, DREW!!!! NONE OF YOU DO!!!!”

“That’s it, go to your room!!”

“YOUR NOT DAD!!!!” I yell, “YOU CAN’T JUST WALK IN HERE AND ACT LIKE EVERYTHING’S OKAY!!! BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER BE OKAY!!! YOU CAN’T ERASE THE MEMORIES OF ME LOOSING MY VOICE, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE I SEEMED TO THINK WAS GOOD IN MY DAMNED LIFE!!!!!!! I SPENT MY FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY BEING KIDNAPPED AND FORCED TO PRINT MONEY!!!!! AND NOW I’M SPENDING MY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY — TEN YEARS AFTER I WAS RAPED — WATCHING MY BEST FRIEND HIT ON MY BROTHER!!!!”

I glared around once, before I stomped away.

Stupid life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooooh ... Emma had a temper tantrum. She's gonna get in TROUBLE!