‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter 7 - Kate

I was walking towards me and Sam's new little cabin. I heard a leaf moved. "Who's there?" I ask.

"Look out." Someone yelled. Just then I was tackled to the ground. I yelled. "Stop." It was a boy.

"Who are you?" I asked. The boy looked about 13. A girl walked out of the bushes. She was very pretty.

"Do you know Sam Haynes?" the boy asked.

"I'm his wife." I yelled. I heard someone running towards us. It was Sam. He and the boy looked at each other. Then the boy got off up the ground and hugged Sam.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Kate..." Started Sam, "this is my brother."

"You have a brother? And who is this?" I asked pointing to the girl.

"That I don't know." Said Sam.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Taylor. I ran away from two men named Mac and Chase. "MAC!" I yelled.

"Yes.. they treated me bad. I couldn't stand it."

"Come on." Said Sam taking his brother and Taylor back to the house. I got up and followed. The girl looked about Sam's brother age.

I learned that Sam's brother's name was Jack. But... is this all of the paperwork Sam has been messing with?
We gave Jack the guest bedroom. Taylor slept in the house. Everyone was shocked to hear what was happening.

"Sam?" I asked when we were in bed. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I didn't know if you wouldn't let him stay or not."

"Is that what you have been keeping a secret?" I asked.

"Yes. I've been trying to make him swim over from a near by island where Mac and Chase live. "

"Why didn't you tell me they lived so close?" I asked.

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Alright." I said.

"Kiss me." Said Sam. I kissed him and feel asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the secret you guys have been wanting to hear. Sam's got a brother!!!!! But... what is Taylor going to do??