Hopeless Hearts

Forgiveness

I decided it was best that I walked to Frank’s house since I was slightly drunk. It was dark out now and I was nervous all the way to Frank’s house. I finally got there and I thought no one was home until I saw there was a light on in one of the rooms.

I walked up to the front door and knocked on the door. A minute later, the door opened to reveal Frank. He looked at me. His eyes were slightly bloodshot and I could smell the alcohol coming off from him. Or was that me? It had to be Frank because I hadn’t smelled it before.

“What are you doing here?” Frank finally said.

“I want to talk,” I said. Frank looked at me for a second then backed up a little so I could enter his house. I stepped forward and tripped. I ran into Frank and we both fell over.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. I got off of Frank quickly and stumbled over to Frank’s living room and sat on the couch.

“Are you drunk?” Frank asked.

“I had a little to drink,” I said. Frank just shook his head.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” said Frank, standing at the end of the couch and looking at me.

“Before we talk I need to do something,” I stood up and went over by Frank. He looked at me and then I slapped him hard across the face.

He put his hand on his cheek and looked shocked for a minute.

“I guess I deserved that,” said Frank.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said angrily, sitting back on the couch. “So, why were you with some other girl at Gerard’s party?”

Frank sat on the couch and put his face in his hands. “I don’t know,” he said.

“I think you do,” I said, glaring at him.

“Ok, I’ve never been in a real relationship,” he said. “I guess I was scared and was subconsciously trying to wreck the one I had. I am so sorry Claire. I was just so scared.”

“You should have told me before you did something stupid like this,” I said,
moving closer to Frank. “But, I forgive you. We’ll just say we’re even now.”

“What?” said Frank. He looked at me. “How are we even?”

“Well,” I started. “Before I came here, I was at Gerard’s and him and I were down in his basement, drinking, and Gerard started to kiss me and I let him..”

Frank stared at me.

“I can’t believe him!” yelled Frank, standing up. “I’m going to kill him!”

I stood up quickly and grabbed Frank’s hand.

“Don’t,” I said. “It’s my fault as much as it is his. You don’t need to kill him.”

“Why would you kiss him?” said Frank, looking at me.

“I was mad at you for what you did. It was my way of getting back at you,” I said. “I’m really sorry.”

“I guess I can’t be mad at you,” said Frank. He pulled me close and hugged me. I moved my face in front of his and kissed him. He responded quickly and I let him slip his tongue into my mouth. Frank pulled away and smiled at me. Then he grabbed my hand and led me to his room. As soon as we were in his room, he closed his door and pushed me up against it, kissing me again. He brought his hands to the bottom of my shirt and pulled it off. He then pulled off his shirt. Frank pulled me away from his door and pushed me towards his bed. The back of my legs hit his bed and I fell back onto it. Frank got on top of me and started to take off my pants, while I started to take his off.

He stopped kissing me and looked at me.

“You are so beautiful,” he said, panting a little. “I fucking love you.”

I smiled. “I fucking love you too,” I said. Frank kissed me again and took off the rest of his clothes and mine before slipping inside of me.